Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 25, 2024, 10:34:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem-Booking Fiancee's & Daughter's Flight  (Read 3251 times)
Zorrowins
« on: January 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

HELP please. I plan to book a ound trip ticket for me from the States to Lima and back and also wanted to book two one way tickets from Lima to the States for my financee and her daughter. Orbitz will not allow that. Advise? Does anyone know why I am not allowed to do this? Would it be cheaper to book 3 round trip tickets from the States to Lima and back? (The plan would be to really use two of the tickets one way obviously.) Would this be cheaper? Any problem doing this? Basically I need advise! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Payton
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Problem-Booking Fiancee's & Daughter..., posted by Zorrowins on Jan 8, 2005

First and Foremost Congrats on finding a special lady!  Someday I hope I can be as lucky!  I have heard since 9/11 that she will have to book the flight for herself.  Not sure why that is.  Something that I wanted to mention to you that I heard from a professor who is also a judge, It is Law in most countries that the child needs permission that is written from both parents if they are not both going with the child out of the country.  I am sure you already have that covered and I am in no way a lawyer! Good luck and Congrats on the marriage to be!
valleydude
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Problem-Booking Fiancee's & Daughter..., posted by Zorrowins on Jan 8, 2005

Yeah it's usually cheaper to fly one way; except now I see Jet-Blue, and Spirit are selling one ways for half the cost of a round trip, but that's domestic.

Everytime I have bought a round trip with the intention of going one way, I have tried to anticipate a return date and booked the return really far in advance.

Yeah it is some backwards logic, but it came in handy for me a couple of times. Worse case scenario, one time I needed another one way ticket and still had one open, so I exchanged my return ticket for the one I needed. The 100 dollar fee was cheaper than buying another ticket. This actually happened to me recently when I was in Venzuela during all the hurricanes. I couldn't get out through Miami, but had a leg left over from Continental which went through Houston. I used my Continental ticket to get there and my American Airlines ticket to come back. I did this a lot when I was younger, between states visiting my family, and it is actually a pain, so now it's just like, "Hey I have a leg I'm not using, why not save it as long as I can in case of emergency?" This time it worked out nice.

Depending on how old her daughter is maybe it could make her feel good or secure thinking that she can go back to visit soon?

Just my experience,

V-Dude

soltero
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I think it's a moot point, because I think with the fiance visa, you have to get roundtrip tickets anyway...
Calipro
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Problem-Booking Fiancee's & Daug..., posted by soltero on Jan 8, 2005

n/t
roadken
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Usually roundtrip tickets are cheaper than one way.Who knows why,but that is my experience.I booked a roundtrip for my fiance from Bogota thru Continental and it was much cheaper.Try Expedia.
Gator
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Aeropostal offers RT from Lima to Miami via Caracas for about $500
One way from Lima to Maimi for about $300 on the same flight.

Lan Peru, Lacsa and Avianca Airlines also make the trip but are more expensive.  I don't think U S Carriers are allowed to book one way FROM most of South America to the US.

Three RTs would be more expensive but the airline(s) do not give a rat's a-- what you do with the other half of the ticket.

Good Luck

A la orden

gator

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: