Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 25, 2024, 10:42:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Orange Bowl  (Read 4587 times)
OkieMan
« on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey guys, in a friendly atmosphere, I would like to make my prediction on the outcome of the Orange Bowl.  Both teams are very fine teams.  However, I am from Oklahoma, and I have been a OU Sooner fan for most of my life. So, naturally, I believe that the Sooners will prevail.  However, I believe it will be a close and exciting game.  As far as score, I think it will be something like 30-24.  I could be wrong, but I think the Sooners will be the National Champions again.  All of you football fans, give me your predictions.  The big game is tomorrow night on ABC.

OkieMan

AnzoNevis
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The Orange Bowl, posted by OkieMan on Jan 3, 2005

f
Hoda
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sooners by 17  USC wouldn't win either d..., posted by AnzoNevis on Jan 4, 2005

Talk about a "Beat-Down"
Payton
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Sorry to say but I won't respect a college national championship until they find a way to settle what happened this year and last year. USC Auburn Texas and Oklahoma needed to get to playoff for this thing.  If I were to predict though... USC in a landslide by the past performances of the big 12 in the big game: Nebraska got worked by Miami, Oklahoma got thier tail kicked by LSU and in both of those cases neither of those teams were good enough to win their conferences.  The big 12 needs the glory days of OU and NU being national powerhouses and making each other prepare like it was world war three going into that game in November when the two always met for the title.  The fall of Oklahoma hurt Nebraska a few years back and I think that now Oklahoma needs Nebraska like Nebraska needed Oklahoma.  A top notch high caliber rivalry is precious and Oklahoma does not have one since they OWN Texas!  Good luck to both teams and I hope all the players get the chance to leave everything they have on the field.  I was lucky enough play college football and tommorow night I know that I will wish that I could of experienced what the winner is then!
Payton
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The Orange Bowl, posted by Payton on Jan 3, 2005

Hate to say I old you so but.... WELL I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!  The big 12 teams are championship game wreckers!
roadken
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Ditto
Malandro
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

than I am a celebrity critic.  how did Auburn become the odd team out?

and look at what Utah did to Pittsburgh.  Why wasn't Utah given a challenging opponent.

why is the Big East given an automatic slot in the BCS anyway?  Miami and Virginia Tech left the conference last year, so all they got is Pitt and BC.   not exactly perennial powerhouses.  

the BCS is about as credible as a Cali Marriage Agency.

but regardless it sounds like it will be a great game.

OkieMan
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to the BCS is no more a definitive judge of..., posted by Malandro on Jan 3, 2005

Malandro,

Good post. I laughed at your comments on the BCS.  I don't think there are many people happy about how their system works. However, from what I have heard, it's the universities themselves that have prevented an actual play-off scenario.  What do you think?

OkieMan

CartagenaPapito
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to the BCS is no more a definitive judge of..., posted by Malandro on Jan 3, 2005

USC 24   OU 17
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: