Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 25, 2024, 11:00:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trip Report: Family  (Read 7778 times)
Brazilophile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Trip Report: Family, posted by Thunderstruck on Jan 4, 2005

It is only funny if you are not experiencing it!  I am sure each guy here has a different story to tell regarding family reactions.  Some have told them on LWL.  I missed any that were told here.
Dr Aaron
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Trip Report: Family, posted by Brazilophile on Jan 3, 2005

Hi,

I understand you would like privacy for you and your girlfriend, but support from family is always useful. Your lady friend may appreciate it if you two get married, and live in the USA.

I think observing her reaction toward your family's level of interest would be interesting.

Aaron

Brazilophile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Trip Report: Family, posted by Dr Aaron on Jan 3, 2005

Dr. Aaron,

Yes, family support is always useful BUT privacy is NECESSARY!!!!  It is not something I "would like" to have in developing a romantic relationship.  In developing a marital relationhsip, potential husbands and wives share with each other things that they do not and will not share with any one else.  One's spouse is one's life partner, not a pal.  The relationship is INTIMATE, not casual.  The level of physical and emotional intimacy that characterizes a healthy marriage cannot be achieved with relatives or anyone else looking in on the relationship as it progreses and grows.

That is especially important in my case because my namorada specifically needed more intimacy and private talk from me than in her prior relationships, since she did not want to repeat those mistakes.  

It is possible for a family to provide support to a couple while respecting the privacy boundaries of that couple.

Dr Aaron
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Trip Report: Family, posted by Brazilophile on Jan 4, 2005

Brazilophile,

Your points are well taken. You two, just like any couple, deserve privacy.

I can only speak from my experience, and I'm very close to my family and I tend to gravitate towards women that are very close to their families.

We do things that are fun, make jokes, tell stories, and even gossip to a degree.

I guess the thing that helps me is that I let things roll off my shoulders with close friends and family members, and don't over magnify minor issues with them. We are very open, direct, and honest people when we give love and criticism.

Aaron

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: