Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 12:40:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 5215 times)
Payton
« on: January 03, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I am getting very very cold responses from an agency that I have been trying to work with get to know and start to develop a professional realtionship with.  As I have stated time and time again I am looking to spend like a month straight staying with the agency.  I am not asking for much in fact I am spending some money right now with thew agency but it appears that they either don't want my money and or don't want my service.  I have no communications barriers as I can speak both languages (English and spanish) so I don't want if they were to comback and say that this is due to the fact that the one writing the emails was not really comfortable in english then that is not acceptable to me.  Should I just email the owner and tell him that he has lost my business?  Or should I ask the agnecy why it is that I am feeling that I am getting such negative responses from them.  Keep in mind I have not been rejected by any of thier girls at this time so this is not a whine whine wo is me the girls won't help me kinda thing.  I asked for one email address of a girl paid for it, they give me an incorrect email address that got rejected.  I emailed them back and got some attitude and here is another email address for her.  So guys what would you do?  Oh yeah,  Please see that I am not mentioning any names of agencies as I want to develop a quality repor with an agency that understands that I am sincere and will treat them and thier staff with respect!

cabocancun
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What would you do?, posted by Payton on Jan 3, 2005

Payton,

I spent a total of three months in Colombia last year. I spent one day in an agency office and 89 days enjoying my Colombiana novia and all that Colombia has to offer.

If I were you,I would take the following steps:
1.Make a reservation at a hotel.
2.Go to an agency party and get the telephone number of  the ladies that interest you.
3.Go to all the stores in the city you are visting and talk to the ladies.
4. Avoid spending your time in Colombia interacting with the agency owner and employees.

Remember, every hour you waste sitting in an agency office, could have been spent in the loving arms of a beautiful Colombiana.

In January,I am going on a tour that offers three parties. I will spend all of my time enjoying the ladies and zero time talking to the agency staff.

Buena suerte...

Thunderstruck
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Having traveled to Colombia 5 times within 2 years, I think forming an opinion based on email can be misleading. The best way to judge an agency is to show up with cash, pay a daily rate, and smile. The worst agencies can then become the best and vica-versa. If girls don't show up, try again in a few days or weeks. If this happens in person, plan to move on!

Colombians like in-person relations, which is an advantage over the sometimes impersonal USA. If you cop an attitude, you're imposing American culture on Colombians so you might as well stay home.

Payton
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What would you do?, posted by Thunderstruck on Jan 4, 2005

I am not getting an attitude with anyone, hence this is why I am asking someone experienced what I should do.  I just was trying to get answers from this one agency. I heard really good things and I can not get the simple answers to plan my trip.  These are crutial things in my opinion I don't wanna not have a place to stay when I get there!
Jeff S
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: What would you do?, posted by Payton on Jan 4, 2005

Sometimes with different cultures, people think you're copping an attitude when in truth, you're just not up on the local customs. For instance in Japan, if someone hands you their business card, and you take it with one hand, you're indicating that you consider them beheath you. If you take it with both hands it shows that you respect them. Who, in America, would ever take a business card with both hands? - not from unwillingness to be polite, but just from being oblivious to the symbolism.

This can come verbally as well in mannerisms. In America we ask, "How are you." The correct answer is "Fine" even if we're on our way to chemotherapy for an agressive pancreatic cancer. We're really not looking for a dissertation on the person's health. In some other cultures, asking about a person's health is considered really impolite unless you're family or a close friend. In Japan, for instance, you don't ask how a a person is, but rather, "Where are you going?" At first your reaction is wonder what the hell buusiness is it of the person asking, but the correct answer (like "fine" to "how are you") is "Just out for a bit them back home." even if you;'re scheduled for a ride on the Space Shuttle and a two month stayover on the ISSA.

It's sometimes the little things that get mis-interpreted. As you spend more time in a foreign culture you can pick up on the subtle clues if you pay attention and have an interest.

I'm not implying that you did or said anything wrong, just that it's possible to be perceived as insulting without ever knowing it or intending to do so. People who you spend some with will realize it after getting to know you a short while, but in brief encounters, it sometimes is inevitable.

- Jeff

Thunderstruck
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

A place to stay is the easiest thing to find because that's where the most money is made. The agencies, hotels, taxi etc all beat your door down to offer you a place to stay. If you don't like the agency accomodations then there are endless alternatives.

What's tough is meeting high quality girls.

thunderbolt
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

First of all, I would not tell the agency up front that you are fluent in Spanish, as it seems that they rely on translation fees a great deal.  Keep them interested and salivating, remember that they would rather find a guy who speaks zero spanish and wants to unload several thousand per week.  If you let them believe that you might be such a guy, they will like you a lot more Wink

Secondly, assuming that you are talking about Cali, there appears to be a choice of agencies.  If you really don't like the service you receive, you have other agencies to pick.

Thirdly, if you do speak Spanish and according to you, you receive generally favorable responses, just try to get as many e-mails as you can, correspond with these girls directly, and skip the agency either altogether, or at least for the majority of the trip.

I recently made a post regarding hotel choices, and someone suggested Inter-Continental hotel.  For end of February/ early March their rates are $65/night, which is incredible.  I don't know of course how convenient its location is, but I don't think that they will build an Inter-Continental in the slums.

Basically, that's my plan.  I don't quite see a point in sticking to an agency if you speak Spanish and can get e-mail/telephone #'s to correspond with the girls directly.

Payton
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What would you do?, posted by thunderbolt on Jan 4, 2005

I have emailed only one girl.  I just saw one girl thier site that I would of regreted it if I did not try to start something with her and she walked away with some other man with out me trying!  So I am not real sure what I am going to do.  I do have to say that I am likeing All Colombian more and more.
Kiltboy1
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Emailing on a personal site works very well, and there are several girls i have met and had short relationships with as well as there have been several marriages from guys on this forum from amigos.com and other personal sites.

As far as emailing with agency girls, there is almost no chance at all you will establish a relationship by email with them. there are too many guys that make the trip to the agency for them to bother with email, and i know of one agency that is very popular where the secretaries were writing the men back posing as the women just to get the guys hooked and come to the agency

KB

kented
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

If I were going to Cali for a month, two months before departure, I'd place a personal ad in the newspaper.  I don't know where would be a good place in Colombia.  In CR, ironically the local Spanish paper produced no results.  The English language Tico Times got lots of responses, including many who spoke virtually no English.  So gringos on the ground might be able to tell you if this would work.

Being there for a month I would strongly suggest not paying big bucks up front and getting the contact information for as many agencies as possible.  Showing up with cash guarantees that you'll have the agency's attention.  And paying as you go, gives you the option of moving on if you're not satisfied with the agency's service or ability to introduce you to ladies you want to meet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: