Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 12:57:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good hotel in Medellin...Help  (Read 3232 times)
Brandon2253
« on: January 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi, anyone have some reccomendations for nice hotels in Medellin.  I want something in a safe area and near the night life.  Any advice would me much appreciated!
papi
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good hotel in Medellin...Help, posted by Brandon2253 on Jan 4, 2005

here is a part of a post i recently made on WLC regarding hotels in MDE:
-------------------------

on places to stay, I checked out 2 places but have not yet stayed in either place. Prices range depending on who makes the res (gringo vs latina) from about $80000 - $110000 pesos including breakfast

Torre Poblado
Cra 42 No 9-28

Plaza Rosa Hotel
Cra 32D No 9-17

The Torre is an Aparta-Hotel - nice large rooms. Gary Bala, the attorney on PL recommended the place to me. The Plaza looks ok but the rooms are larger at the Torre, however, there is another Body Tech across the street from the Plaza. Again, have your girl make the res - she's likely to get a lower rate. Another option is to stay at CSH without intro services - rates are lower if you just use the B&B, no citas.

Medellin Agency
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good hotel in Medellin...Help, posted by Brandon2253 on Jan 4, 2005

Brandon2253,

You have several very good hotels, but you will need to book them in advance as the Medellín hotels fill up very quickly:

1. Dann Carlton, Pobaldo: 3 blocks from Parque Lleras (Night Life Hot Spot).  
Price:  130,000-250,000 pesos

2. Pobaldo Plaza:  2 Blocks from Parque Lleras
Price:  130,000-150,000 pesos

3.  Torre Plaza (Apart-hotel):  1/2 Block from Parque Lleras
Price:  120,00-150,000 pesos.

These are just a few but you can also search Planet-Love for more information as there have been several write-ups.

Colombian Sweethearts also offers competitive Bed & Breakfast rates without introductions and we are a 5-7 minute taxi ride to Parque Lleras (Cost $1.00) and only 5 minute taxi ride to Mangos (Hottest Disco in Medellín). We also have contacts for apartment rentals.  The Bed & Breakfast stay with us includes:

- Breakfast & Lunch
- Free Drinks, Beer, Coffee, & Fresh Juices
- Free Use of High Speed Internet
- Free Local Calls
- Free Calls to the US and Canada
- Cell Phone Rental
- Bilingual Concierge Service
- Bilingual Drivers Available
- Swimming Pool & Sauna

Please feel free to contact us for more information.

Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Medellín.

Best regards,
Steve Valdez, Owner
www.colombiansweethearts.com
305-433-2207 (USA number which rings in Medellín)

pablo
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to List of Medellin Hotels, posted by Medellin Agency on Jan 5, 2005

When walking past the Dann Carlton yesterday I noticed that they are having some promotion on daily rates.  It might be worth checking out.
papi
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to List of Medellin Hotels, posted by Medellin Agency on Jan 5, 2005

Steve, there is a question at WLC asking about your rates for the B&B i think without intros - i sent yu an email
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: