Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 12:38:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patrick - How does one search archives?  (Read 2184 times)
Thunderstruck
« on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I get this message when I search both a home and at work:

Error: It appears you are attempting to search from outside the Planet-Love.com domain

Patrick
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Patrick - How does one search archives?, posted by Thunderstruck on Jan 5, 2005

For some reason the referer field is empty when you use the search script.  That's a piece of information that's sent to the search program that tells it where it was called from.  If it wasn't called from www.planet-love.com, then it refuses to run.  A few people for whatever reason seem to have empty referer fields in cgi calls, I don't know why.

I notice you're using the same internet service provider that I am and my referer field is not empty.  I just tested with IE6 like you use and had no problem.  Have you tweaked some kind of security setting or done something else security-wise to your computer?

Jeff S
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Patrick - How does one search archiv..., posted by Patrick on Jan 5, 2005

I got it for a while myself - both at home and work, but then for some mysterious reason it went away. I use Mozilla. The only thing I could figure is that I'd installed routers in the networks between the computer(s) and the dsl modem. Works fine now, but I never actually made any changes to security settings.

- Jeff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: