Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 12:32:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: amigos.com, e-harmony, match.com...  (Read 2681 times)
Seeker
« on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Seeker]

Don't laugh about the e-harmony thing, it was a Christmas present from my brother. An interesting fact about e-harmony is that 99.7% of the women are deleted automatically for you. Still, I've received about 10 matches ranging from 38 year olds (I'm 35) to BBW (Big, Beautiful Women). LOL!!!! There are a couple of women I've decided to follow-up on, but for the price, try another site.

Amigos.com was a bit disappointing after a month of sending e-mails and superficial "winks" back and forth. At first the Colombian women may seem like many, but then you realize it is the same 100 women who log on almost everyday. I assume they are overwhelmed with tons of e-mails from everywhere. If they are regular members, they can only respond to 1 e-mail a day, except if you pay $19.99/month for them to be able to contact you. You might want to give it a try, but match.com international is best.

I just joined match.com international after coming to the sad conclusion that I would have to postpone my next trip to Colombia until May. Make sure you sign up on Match.com international, rather than Match.com. You'll have access to all the latinas in the U.S. and beyond. The site is user friendly. Interestingly, I found two women from LE on the site. I had been very interested in one of them, but her profile on match.com international made me realize she is not what I'm looking for. I signed up for 3 months for $19.99. I'd say it is a reasonable price, especially in light of the developments at LE, where it now costs $29.99/month just to see the profiles. If you'd like the women to be able to contact you as well, it is $24.99 for three months. You can also narrow your search to women from a specific country, state or even city, which is great and not available on amigos.com.

I'm not suggesting that you join one of these sites in lieu of going to Colombia or another country. However, if your trip is a few months away like mine, this is a great way to spend your time, practice your Spansih and increase the possiblities on your trip.

Malandro
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to amigos.com, e-harmony, match.com..., posted by Seeker on Jan 5, 2005

I re-joined amigos with my upcoming trip to Peru but I may look into Match as well.
thunderbolt
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to amigos.com, e-harmony, match.com..., posted by Seeker on Jan 5, 2005

I must confess, I was not aware of MatchInternational.  The regular Match.com does have an option to search other countries, and when I tried Colombia back in the day, it brought up like two or three profiles.

In two words, I looked over MI quickly, and really liked it.  Seeker, you are my hero!  Thanks for the tip.

Fuzzyone
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

When I went to visit my wife for the first time she let me look at her Amigos
account.. I have never seen nothing like it in my life she had not logged on in
two months and she must have had 80 or 90 men that had written her. SHe ran
the whole spectrum from men in their 20's to men in their 70's most were in
their 660's and 70's. But the main problem I could see was the woman do get
flooded with e-mails and it is hard to respond to all of them. I asked my wife
why she wrote me back and she told me it was because of what I wrote her in
the first e-mail to her. I still think that Amigos is the best way to go because you
have no one trying to take all your pesos but yourself....
utopiacowboy
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: amigos.com, e-harmony, match.com..., posted by Fuzzyone on Jan 5, 2005

Yes, same thing with my wife. She was 42 at the time and most of the guys writing her were in their 20s and 30s. Even a disc jockey from Miami who was 24! Amigos worked for me so I recommend it but it isn't for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: