Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 12:37:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I-864...Am I Almost Done Now?  (Read 18213 times)
Ray
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: I-864..., posted by OkieMan on Jan 7, 2005

No, I remarried about 5 years ago to a wonderful Filipina woman. I have been hanging around these forums for about 6 years or so and I usually find the Latin forum more lively and interesting than the Asian board.

I think Latinas are great to look at, but I don't know if I could handle being married to one :-)

Ray

doombug
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I-864..., posted by Ray on Jan 7, 2005

If you have a receipt number on your letter from BCIS, this site is where you can check on the status of your case:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Ray
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I-864..., posted by doombug on Jan 7, 2005

OOPS! I copied the wrong URL for the case status on-line. You have the correct one. Thanks...
doombug
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I-864...Am I Almost Done Now?, posted by Johnboy on Jan 6, 2005

[This message has been edited by doombug]

www.visajourney.com has a link to the forms and fees.  Heck, you'll find an answer more accurately and quickly there than you would here.

Many a BCIS form requires that you dish out some $.  Regardless of your having paid to file forms I-130/I-129F ($185 and $165, respectively), the BCIS gravy train has many stops.  And the fees are so freaking high because you're subsidizing those "passengers" who, for example, are asylum seekers/refugees/parolees and need such niceties as legal representation.

"Choice of Agent and Address Form":  The "agent" and "address" would be you and your home address.  You are the petitioner acting as your novia/wife's agent in the petition process.

She does require a notarized copy of the affidavit of support and the most recent 3 years of your tax returns when she goes for her interview.  I requested free transcripts of my returns from the IRS, and they arrived in less than a week.  They include the line entries from the forms you filed at tax time, such as "Wages, salaries, Tips, etc.," "Adjusted Gross Income," "Taxable Income," the date your return was filed, the date the IRS processed your return, the form number you used to file, exemptions claimed, etc.  

*burp*...I think I got most of that right.  If I didn't, I'll lighten' up on the tequila the next time I respond.

Peace out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: