Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 29, 2024, 01:25:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for the welcome. Here are a few Questions  (Read 10911 times)
J4J
« on: September 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Thanks for the welcome.  I have been reading the board for about 3 weeks and I read some of the archives also.

This will be my 1st time to the Philippines.  I have traveled to a dozen or so different countries but none in Asia.  I have done business with the Japanese and Chinese, but they traveled to US for my product demos and contract negations.  I hired a Japanese programmer for a year (special program) and learned much from him.

So, I am pretty much a Newbie except for my education from my sweetie.  Jean has been extremely helpful.  We started out as just friends to exchange cultural information and our relationship grew from there.  I think everyone can see why Jean would "grow" on anyone :-)

What are the roads like on the island of Cebu? Jean said the SE side is pretty safe for driving north and south of Cebu City.  Any advice, pro or con, on renting a car / jeep while I am there?

Is Cebu really hotter or more humid than Florida?  I hear everyone speak of it as a hot box, but the numbers I read seem VERY familiar.

Thanks,

J

Ray
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks for the welcome.  Here are a few ..., posted by J4J on Sep 9, 2001

J,

Yes, Cebu is Hot! The kind of hot where you can go outside at 4 a.m. and are soaking wet after walking two or three blocks. Very high humidity also. If you sweat easily, plan on taking 2 or 3 showers a day, which means have plenty of extra changes of clothes on hand. A lot of people hang out in the huge malls because they are cool inside. Never been to Florida, but the big difference in Cebu is that it’s hot like that pretty much year round.

I wouldn’t recommend driving over there if you’ve never been before. Public transportation is cheap and also an adventure. They have a whole set of unwritten driving rules that you need to follow or you’ll be run off the road. The traffic in the city is crazy and the roads out in the countryside are not very good. If you need a private car for touring around, it’s best to hire a car with a driver who knows where all the pot holes are. While in the city, the taxis are very reasonable and air-conditioned.

I think you couldn’t have a better tour guide than Jean. Ask her to bring you to the Taoist Temple, Basilica de Santo Nino, Magellan’s Cross, Fort San Pedro, and the Carbon Market for starters. Bring lots of film!

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  a few Questions, posted by Ray on Sep 11, 2001

except the winter months are pleasant and aircon makes the summers tolerable. I took 2-3 showers a day in Butuan. In S. FL I am usually able to get by with 1-2.

Dave H.

FilipinaCupid
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks for the welcome.  Here are a few ..., posted by J4J on Sep 9, 2001

They just distracted by Dave's great news.  Yes, rent car and I will drive zoom, zoom.hehehe  I promise I not miss a single bump.  It be like amusement park ride, OK?

Hot?  No, Cebu not Hot!hehehe  

I sure hope Florida is cooler!!  

Who has been to both places?

Who has rented car in Cebu?

Blessings,

Jean

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: