Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 01, 2024, 07:13:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: El Fin de JunFan  (Read 81762 times)
JunFan
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Pete & others, posted by JunFan on Jun 29, 2002

but I was just thinking back.  I mean, S^t Pete!, you are not one to give advice about Cali or Colombia.  Last time you visited for a month, you were too scared to leave the house.  I remember you saying something about Avenida Sexta "I hear it's fun".  Remember, how you sat in your novia's parents house the entire time?  Bored out of your skull cuz you couldn't speak Spanish?  Hated the food.

Funny memories. You were the prototype guy who went down and never left the agency.

LOL.

Give 'em He// Pete....ha!

Pete E
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Pete & others, posted by JunFan on Jun 29, 2002

Mike,
Yes an expert on the town I am not.My wife and her family were bent on keeping me safe,so my adventures in town were limited and yes it got boring staying at Ma Ma's house.
I was never bored staying at latin love.All these girls were coming to meet me plus I could hang out around the pool and compare notes with other guys while I was waiting.So I thought the live in agency thing was great.But if that wasn't available I would have done the hotel thing and probably would have got around town more.
And yes,Colombian food.I was always happy to get home for our choices in food.Even coffee.And service.
One time after coming back I hit a starbucks for a good cup of coffee and a chili's for dinner.There were lots of choices,the food was good and the service was excellent.Those college student type waiters understand tip.They probably make more in one night than that unmotivated  Colombiano waiter makes in a month.
Reminds me off an old Chuck Berry song "I'm so glad I'm livin in the USA".
But I do like Colombia for the choice in women.That I don't find here.And actually its beautifull there,safety fears just limited me too much.

Pete

JunFan
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Pete & others, posted by Pete E on Jun 29, 2002

it was that bad.

OK, I'm gonna let it rip...
Sounds like you found your wife on your first trip down there.  

Unbelievable.  Here is a guy who flew to Cali, was picked up at the airport and taken to the agency, where he never left, meeting women for how long?  A week?  Two?  Met and married his woman.  You were basically spoon fed a wife.

You married a Colombiana and know nothing of her culture to speak of, let alone set foot in her city (in a true sense), and don't speak a word of Spanish?

And then you get married and spend half your time on the computer?

Sounds like blissful paradise to me.

Jebster
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wow...I didn't realize, posted by JunFan on Jun 29, 2002

JF, we all are different. I envy Pete for his success, whether it was the wrong way (and who weally knows ??) or just pure luck. The results are all that matter. Based on the results, I would say he succeeded and you failed...bigtime. Now, I wouldn't do it Pete's way, but then I ain't married to a beautiful and sweet latina either ! Perhaps when you are writing another, increasingly venomous post, you should think about this. You are starting to sound a little silly.
Pete E
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wow...I didn't realize, posted by JunFan on Jun 29, 2002

nt
Ted
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Pete & others, posted by Pete E on Jun 29, 2002

Hey if you're going to have safety fears, why even go out of the house, let alone abroad. You are never going to see or experience anything with that attitude.
Cali vet
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Pete & others, posted by Ted on Jun 29, 2002

Pete's fears or lack thereof is something of a moot point since he's been happily married for some time now to (I asume) a lovely calena. To be fair let's remember that Cali can be a dangerous place anywhwere anytime (ok not in the upscale shopping centers like Chipichapi). I've met three gringos there who described mugging experiences to me and there was even that time  a few years ago when four were robbed at gunpoint and held for a couple of hours right inside an agency. I don't like to think about it but Colombia is the kidnap capital. I met a guy last time I was there who had hired a cab for his entire stay, said it was way too dangerous to take one off the street. I thought that was far out but everyone has their own risk tolerence and boy is Cali ever the place to test it.
robbysanjuan
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Pete & others &r..., posted by Cali vet on Jun 29, 2002

Cali Vet just quit man! Give us a break, Senior Citizen bagering everyone here. If you know it all, why are you alone at almost 60? Get off everyone else and SELF EXAMINE!
Cali vet
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to They did not steal Cali Vet's walker!, posted by robbysanjuan on Jun 30, 2002

Well Rubby why is your profile blank? Do you have anything constructive to offer on the theme of a latina bride or just vituperative tongue wagging. It's time for you to put up or shut up.
Wayne1
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Pete & others &r..., posted by Cali vet on Jun 29, 2002

My 1st trip was a month.

I walked the streets during the day alone.  Sometimes from LE to Chipi Chapi and back.

I shopped in dangerous places for inexpensive toys for kids in the orphanages.  Not alone, but with the girl I was with.

I went out at night many times for dinner and such and took cabs off the street.

Maybe it was dumb some of the things I did, but I just had an attitude that was fatalistic.  Whatever happens, happens.
I looked over my shoulder at times and kept my eyes open, but I never let paranoia ruin my experience.

Yes, I did pray a little while I was there.  It couldn't hurt...

I miss the place some, and we will go back and visit.  I especially miss my favorite restaraunt the Paladar.

Wayne

Cali vet
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pete & others &a..., posted by Wayne1 on Jun 29, 2002

Where is the Paladar and what do they serve? Comida tipica?
robbysanjuan
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pete & other..., posted by Cali vet on Jun 29, 2002

Oh my God! You don't know!!! I guess it is Burger King
Wayne1
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pete & other..., posted by Cali vet on Jun 29, 2002

Paladar is around the corner from Margareths place.  It's cafateria style ordering and upstairs is the most comfortable air conditioned room to dine in.  LOL. it is not comida tipica.... it is sort of a french theme but they have everthing from Colombian dishes to chicken parmasan, roast beef and unreal desserts.

It's very expensive for Colombians but the same price as an average rest in the states.

Try it next time because your girlfriend will love it.

Cali vet
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pete & o..., posted by Wayne1 on Jun 30, 2002

Thanks I think I've passed by it. Will go in next time.
Pete E
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Pete & others, posted by Ted on Jun 29, 2002

There were alot of places I could go,but not enough to keep me occupied.I guess I could have wandered around Avenida Sexta a little more.My wife wasn't interested.Went with my brother in law a couple of times.I'm not scared of going to Colombia,but when my wife tells me I shouldn't go to the downtown shopping area with her I listen.You only need to warn me once.They didn't want me walking anywhere by myself.Colombia isn't so dangerous if you don't do anything stupid.Some people think its too gutsy to go at all.Not me,but I am carefull and 0 problems so far.

Pete

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: