Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 08:59:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paula Zahn has sold us out!  (Read 39583 times)
Jimbos
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bull Cr@p  nt, posted by curt on Jan 8, 2002

You yourself posted the quote.  Try reading it.

"It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas report cited above)..."

curt
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Can you read?, posted by Jimbos on Jan 8, 2002

Can't you read "largely"HuhHuh??
Jimbos
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Can you read?, posted by curt on Jan 8, 2002

Niall: "That 20% figure is based on nothing more than client testimonials..."

Please cbf, take the time to read the posts of others more carefully before responding, in order that you might make a more positive contribution than your "Bull Cr@P" posting.

Jim

curt
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wrong cbf --- Niall said "nothing m..., posted by Jimbos on Jan 8, 2002

Nial's statement more clearly represents the report than your statements.  Basically, there is NO factual data, as Nial said.
curt
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Facts, posted by Ray on Jan 8, 2002

There are no facts an the divorce rate.  I would suspect that it would be similar to the US norm with many competing, individual factors.  Bottom line - each couple should work on the weaknesses and build on their strengths with the understanding that any marriage needs that special effort and that there are no shortcuts to success.  I will strongly disagree with SCJ that the "cream of the crop" enter the MOB scene.  They do not, just as the cream of the crop in the US do not.  One fact that is known but hard to interpret is that each year fewer AOS, etc., are granted than K1 visas.  Apparently, there is a large failure rate in this area but the exact effect is unknown since there is a time delay factor between the two events.
DanB
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by curt on Jan 6, 2002

Curt,

Shame on you not believing us!  Here is a link to the
report. Apendix A talks about the 80% success rates of
marriages.  This is fact not your fantasy world...

http://www.planet-love.com/doj/

Andy
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Here is a link to the Report!!!, posted by DanB on Jan 8, 2002

DanB,

Why don't You do a thorough investigation of the sources in the report.

Data from a few agencies and a report from an overseas filipino organization IS NOT Conclusive. Don't be so stupid just to read the conclusion...

You defend the conclusion because it fits You hopes very well, but it doesn't make it more true. There is no basis for the conclusion, and anyone who actually reads the description of the data must conclude this.

regards,

curt
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Here is a link to the Report!!!, posted by DanB on Jan 8, 2002

I posted a few days ago in this thread the exact quote:

Here is a direct quote from the report. Note that it says based largely on data provided by the agencies themselves. It is amazing how many times this report is skewed to support the position of the poster. Basically, there is NO factual data. PERIOD!!!!

"It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas report cited above), marriages arranged through these services would appear to have a lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole, fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for which reports are available."

DanB
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sheesh !, posted by curt on Jan 8, 2002

You don't pay much attention to anything.  The poster was DOJ.

I figure your a troll, so no more interest in replying from me.

SoCal Jeff
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by curt on Jan 6, 2002

OK, It's my MISGUIDED OPINION that 20% of Phil/Am marriages end in divorce and 50% of Am/Am end in divorce. I guess I succumbed to all the propoganda I've read on this board, by Gary Clark, and by the DOJ report who'se weasel words say things like: (and I'm paraphrasing) while the statistics show a lower incidene of domestic violence, it is assumed that domestic abuse is higher among mail order brides because of the wives fears in reporting the incidents.
curt
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by SoCal Jeff on Jan 6, 2002

I am glad you now see the 20% as only your opinion as there is NO factual basis for that number.  Even so, you have distorted the actual reference to suit your own needs.  As to the domestic violence issue, I wish to provide a direct quote from the report:

"The Department of Justice does not distinguish foreign-born persons from U.S.-born persons in its crime statistics on domestic violence. "

Jimbo
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by curt on Jan 6, 2002

The figure comes from data from both the CFO and MOB agencies.  The CFO probably has a negative bias and the agencies probably have a positive bias.  The DOJ doesn't dispute the figure, and uses it in their report.

Jim

curt
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to cbf, where you been hiding?, posted by Jimbo on Jan 6, 2002

nt
curt
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to cbf, where you been hiding?, posted by Jimbo on Jan 6, 2002

"While no national figures exist on abuse of alien wives, there is every reason to believe that the incidence is higher in this population than for the nation as a whole."
Jimbo
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to And some more:, posted by curt on Jan 6, 2002

"every reason to believe" - obviously they have a serious prejudice toward a negative conclusion regarding MOB marriages.  There are no facts in this statement, why do you bother to post it?

Jim

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: