Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 03:57:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paula Zahn has sold us out!  (Read 39527 times)
SoCal Jeff
« on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I'm pissed at Paula Zahn (The Edge on Fox News) for her "Mail Order Bride or Sex Tour" segment on Fox News last night. One of her "expert guests" was an ex-prostitute. What's she an expert at? Same old crap - middle aged, fat, balding, seedy, loser American having to go overseas to "buy" scared, compliant sex slaves then bring them hme to abuse and even murder them. I used to think Paula was respectable. Here's the e-mail I sent to her and to the general fox news comments. I encourage you all to e-mail your protests to her and fox news at these e-mail addresses: theedge@foxnews.com and comments@foxnews.com

----

Paula:
I used to think you were, as your network likes to say, a fair and unbiased reporter
of the news, to let the viewer decide and WAS a dedicated viewer. In this Sex
Tours segment, you painted the "mail order bride" (a misnomer in itself) trend as
something seedy and evil - even connecting it to violence and "trafficing" in women
(your ex-prostitute guest used the term "purchasing women"). Obviously you did
exactly ZERO "investigative" reporting. Never have I seen so much false innuendo
and out-and-out lies presented in such a short time and, to top it off Linda Vester
opened the segment with somehow connecting a recent Seattle murder with people
seeking "mail order brides." A single event performed by one sick individual does
not somehow represent the group. This event no more represents the character of
men marrying foreign women any more than Lorena Bobbit's actions represent the
character of American women.

Had you actually INVESTIGATED this issue, you would have discovered that most
men seeking foreign women as wives are not losers "having" to go overseas to
"purchase" foreign women because they are "compliant." Rather they're fairly
successful, conservative, religeous, old fashioned men looking for old fashioned,
loyal women to be their life partners. You'd also have found that the brides
themselves are not cowering, scared sex slaves, but rather independent, happy and
loyal wives, often the cream of the crop in their own countries where highly
educated, intelligent women are often not considered marriage material. In your
INVESTIGATION, you would also have discovered that the incidence of violence
is LOWER than with American/American couples, the divorce rate is FAR
LOWER, and in general these marriages are happy and successful.

Yes, there are sex tours - but guess what - they have nothing to do with American
men seeking wives overseas. If an American wanted to go on one to the far east,
he'd have to travel to Japan and join there.

I'm happily married to an asian woman for 14 years. Is she my compliant, sex slave
that I purchased? - NO. She's my partner in life, strong willed, independent, and a
far better investor than I (That's why she handles the family finances.) It was she, not
I who was married before and we raised her step daughter to be strong and
independent, as well. Our stepdaughter just graduated from Cal Poly with a BS in
international business and speaks three languages (thanks to several semesters, we
sent her to college in Europe.) Me? I'm not the sex tour type either, I'm 6'4" tall, in
shape, have a full head of hair, a BS in engineering, an MBA, am CEO of a medium
sized manufacturing company, am deeply religeous, have no debts, substantial
investments, a paid for home near the beach in Southern California. Does this sound
like the stereotypical couple your "ex-prostitute" guest (by the way, what does that
make her an expert in?HuhHuh) was painting.

So much for your "investivative reporting" and presenting the facts. Now I know
you're just another media egotist who's out to forward her own agenda. You sure
lost one viewer. I'll stick to O'Rielly

Jeff Spira
Huntington Beach, California

PS. If you really want to investigate, start here:
www.planet-love.com/wwwboard/

DaveWT
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by SoCal Jeff on Jan 6, 2002

She also said something about a man killing his 20 year old MOB, but they didn't go into any details. It is bad that one nut decided to kill his MOB, ecspecially considering how precious and innocent these women are. It breaks my heart to think about it.

I think we should all email FOXNews and tell them to do another story on the MOB marriages that don't end in murder.

Allan
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by SoCal Jeff on Jan 6, 2002

Just by chance I happened to be channel surfing at the time and caught the promo just before it came on...so I of course watched it.  It was the typical hatchet job that one typically sees on the networks.  I can't help noticing that these stories almost always link "mail order brides" to "sex tour" organizers.  They never show the legitimate companies which far outnumber the sex tour businesses.  If I were an uninformed outsider who learned about overseas marriages from the tv stories, I would believe that all men met their wives in a dimly lit backroom while they danced in g-strings for their prospective husbands.  It was obvious that the feminist, ex-hooker expert for Paula Zahn had no knowledge whatsoever of overseas marriages.  She just repeated the typical feminist mantra that all these women are exploited, purchased, and abused by despicable Western men."  I doubt it will ever change.
curt
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Paula Zahn has sold us out!, posted by Allan on Jan 8, 2002

to the piece.  You left out 1/2 of the guests on the show.
Allan
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Why didn't  YOU give full coverage, posted by curt on Jan 9, 2002

There was Paula Zahn the host....there was the guy who was obviously running a business primarily geared toward sex tours (which Paula made to appear as a typical "mail order bride" business)...and there was the feminist, ex-hooker giving her views to counter the man.  Who were the other guests I left out?Huh?  I watched the entire segment and I don't recall other guests than those mentioned above.  Please tell.
curt
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What?HuhHuh??, posted by Allan on Jan 10, 2002

Please show me where in your previous post that you mentioned the male guest on the show.  Sure, you mentioned that in your last, as if you had talked about him before.
Allan
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to For ONE, posted by curt on Jan 10, 2002

Actually, Curt, your posts are so ludicrous they don't even deserve a response.  For what little it's worth, my original post was directed to the one by SoCal Jeff.  He knew the show I was talking about.  I made the statement,

"I can't help noticing that these stories almost always link "mail order brides" to "sex tour" operators."

That was my reference to the male sex tour operator on the show.

Now that I've cleared that up you stated that I left out half the "guests" (meaning more than one), and your heading to this post was- "For ONE".  So please tell me the other guests that Paula Zahn talked to on the show.

curt
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For ONE, posted by Allan on Jan 10, 2002

Guest is plural.  2 is more than one.  There were 2 guests on the show so I used the plural.  1/2 of 2 is 1.  It would have been improper English to say "1/2 of the guest" which is apparently what you want me to have said.
curt
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For ONE, posted by Allan on Jan 10, 2002

Try as I may, I cannot infer that your following statement gives me any information related to the second guest.

"I can't help noticing that these stories almost always link "mail order brides" to "sex tour" operators."

Allan
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: For ONE, posted by curt on Jan 10, 2002

Conversation terminated.
curt
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yawn, posted by Allan on Jan 10, 2002

Don't forget to take your ball with you.
Jimbo
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

"The Census Bureau reported Wednesday that 84 percent of all Asian-American children in 1997 were living with both parents, significantly above the national average."

http://www.divorcereform.org/mel/rasian.html

If these families do so well, then families with one asian parent must be a step in the right direction :-)

Jim

curt
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Asian-American families stay together, posted by Jimbo on Jan 8, 2002

Seventy-seven percent of non-Hispanic white children live in two-parent homes, the second highest rate for any major ethnic or racial group.

Jimbo
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Compared to:, posted by curt on Jan 8, 2002

nt
curt
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The point: the asian influence must be a..., posted by Jimbo on Jan 8, 2002

how do you make the leap from a two asian parent family to saying that a mixed race/culture family is a positive step from the 77% for the two culturally similar white parent family?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: