Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 03:31:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear is Back!!!!!!  (Read 14597 times)
Bear
« on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Sorry about not postiing while in Davao but the cyber cafes were so durn slow and Marissa and I had many things we wanted to do more than chat with you guys !!! (just teasing - or was I?).  I tried several times to leave messages but with the new changes Patrick put in I couldn't leave the messages.

It took a long time to get home but I'm here.  Very jet lagged and I missed my first day of work after getting back do to delays by PAL and AA.

I've finished Chapters 1 and 2 and most of 3 and will post them after i get some sleep.  I think I have enought for 4 and 5 as well.  I got a lot to say thats for sure!!!

Sorry about not getting the wedding on the net but the Hotel wanted to much for a phone line.

Bear

Lori
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bear is Back!!!!!!, posted by Bear on Jan 8, 2002

to hear all about it:) congrats bear....
Tim
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Congrats on your wedding !  As TNeal would say "another old PL-er bites the dust". Can't wait to read your trip reports.

Regards, Tim

Jimbo
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

nt
Dave H
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Bear and Honey,

Congratulations!  I'm glad to hear everything worked out well.

Now come the "tribulations" of being seperated. Not to mention the ordeals of the immigration process. Now is the time for great patience and determination.

Just when you think that you're over the tough part, it comes back again. I couldn't sleep last night so I called Marife at 4:00 AM. No...it was 5:00 PM in the Philippines. Shocked)

Hey...I have a good idea! I'll call her at 4:00AM and see if she really loves me. Shocked))

Dave H.

jim in the pi's
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

know you going to miss her, hurry back.
Bear
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to cong,, posted by jim in the pi's on Jan 8, 2002

NT
Ray
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

...and best wishes to Mr & Mrs Bear!

Ray

Bear
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congratulations..., posted by Ray on Jan 8, 2002

nt
JeffW
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Does this mean you'll be applying for a spousal visa?  Sure would be nice to have someone here starting out at square one near the same time as me.  I return from Cebu Feb 3rd to begin the paperwork for mine...
Bear
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bear is Back!!!!!!, posted by JeffW on Jan 8, 2002

Yes I have to start that process now.

Haven't the slightest idea where to start either.  Just that i am now going the I130 route.

Bear

JeffW
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bear is Back!!!!!!, posted by Bear on Jan 8, 2002

I ordered the "American Immigration : Family Relations Visa Package (Do-it-Yourself Immigration Kits) -- American Immigration Center; Ring-bound".  It was $65.00.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0966342585/o/qid=978995340/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/105-4170242-2489564

I like to think that following the existing I130 route will result in a K Visa in six months.  Or at least that it won't harm my efforts to take advantage of the new rules when they're implemented.

Read up on the LIFE Act when you get a chance.  It's supposed to shave the time for a spousal visa down to that for a fiance visa.  Or at least get them over here while we wait.

JeffW
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Bear is Back!!!!!!, posted by JeffW on Jan 8, 2002

Fiance Visa Help, May 23, 2000
Reviewer: Jennifer Harris (see more about me) from USA
I am a 26-year-old female law student who recently married a man from Bombay, India. For a year before your marriage I collected various information and asked various legal sources as to the procedure for acquiring a family-based immigrant visa. I was surfing the net when I came to your web site and took a chance on ordering your product. By the time your product was delivered to me, I had received forms from the INS; however, to my dismay some of the forms from the INS were outdated, whereas your forms were up to date. In addition, your packet was very thorough, complete, simple, comphrensive with all required forms and explanations; and after inquiring with immigration professors at my law school--your packet was accurate.

I read and re-read your packet before going to get married in Bombay, India,because if I forgot to get a certain form or correct photograph of my husband I would then have a heck of a time retrieving the information after I returned to the U.S. While I was in Bombay I followed your packet, filled out the forms, and collected all the required forms, documents, pictures, and other verification for the petition. I had no other authority buy your packet. After returninbg to the states, I submitted the paperwork and to my delight, all the instructions that your packet included were correct and up to date (expecially the filling fee).

Recently, I was contacted by the National Visa Center and told to be ready to submit another Affidavit of Support to the U.S. Consulate in Bombay. I wanted up-to-date forms so I called American Immigration Center and ordered five forms, not only was the operator helpful she knew what she was talking about. She guided me to the correct forms and processes in order to fill out the forms.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Ms. Harris

Ray
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bear is Back!!!!!!, posted by Bear on Jan 8, 2002

Bear,

You’re kind of in an interesting position right now. Do you wait for the new LIFE act procedures to kick in or apply under the current procedures? Could make a difference of at least 6 months in getting her visa.

If you decide to go with the current I-130 procedures, I can at least give you some tips that will cut 4-6 weeks off of the normal processing time. I’m going on 8 months now and everything is sitting in the NVC somewhere :-(

Ray

Bear
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I-130, posted by Ray on Jan 8, 2002

What is that?

What do u suggest?

Bear

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: