Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 28, 2024, 06:22:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intro and questions  (Read 26338 times)
Rick
« on: April 14, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi guys!  I'm Rick.  Not exactly new as I've been lurking among the three boards for awhile, trying to decide which area to pursue in earnest.  After much study, I've decided that Latin America (Colombia and Mexico, in particular) can't be beat!  BTW, is it my imagination or does the Russian board seem laden with more than its fair share of actual and potential GCS and scam horror stories?  I know the GCS and scammers can be found anywhere, but YIKES!!  A byproduct of the Russian board's sheer size?  Not looking to start a huge off topic debate here, just curious.

Okay, down to business.  I'm fairly familiar with the many wonderful attributes of Colombianas.  Can anyone give me their general perceptions of the Mexican ladies?  It is my understanding that they tend to be a tad more conservative and traditional than their Colombian counterparts.  Any truth to this?  Also, I've come to understand that the Colombiana, in general, can be very jealous at times.  A myth?  If not, is this a trait that is shared, in general, by the Mexican ladies as well?  BTW, I don't see jealousy as a negative, as long as it's not carried to extremes.

Finally, anyone familiar with Mexican Matchmakers (Guadalajara) or MexicanLadies.com (Hermasillo)?

Your comments and answers are appreciated.  Thanks.

Rick    

Red Clay
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Intro and questions, posted by Rick on Apr 14, 2001

test
Houndog
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Intro and questions, posted by Rick on Apr 14, 2001

****Russian board seem laden with more than its fair share of actual and potential GCS and scam horror stories?***

The real answer to that could likely start a flame war of epic proportions....

But a word of advice that works great..."Check Yourself, Before You Wreck Yourself"....IOW's...if it seems to good to be true...it probably is.

****general perceptions of the Mexican ladies? It is my understanding that they tend to be a tad more conservative and traditional than their Colombian counterparts. ***

I've heard that countless times myself....still not sure how some come to that conclusion....I do know Mexicanas don't like to use agencies...ie: refusing to move ahead with technology....therefore more traditional?...I've never heard of Donkey shows in Colombia...so more conservative..Huh? Maybe because they are not as outwardly happy gives that impression? I do think Mexicans generally don't like Norte Americanos much...whereas Colombians by and large like Americans very much....one trip to a Mall looking for a Colombian T-shirt for a souvener and only finding Viva USA t-shirts will convince you of that.

As far as jealousy....you must have missed the thread on "Negative Male Role Models" below?  Growing up in a society where men can culturally can be allowed to have up to five novias will tend to leave some distrust of men on the table.  But like all vague generalities it doesn't nescesarly descibe "Individuals" very well.  My fiancee is a sweet, loving, kind, generous, wondeful lady.  IMO, if that's what you look for then that is what you 'can' find.   However, IMO, if your criteria is based solely on looks, then you can easily get a lot less or a lot worse than you bargined for.

Personaly I have seen and heard of many success stories between Gringo's and Latinas...and some horror stories...I think there is an emphasis here on being careful and watching what you wish for. And when swaggering, bragging know-it-alls come along they are not well recieved here. Simply because smart money and experience tells us that being careful and getting to know the 'person' not just the 'look', is very important to LT happiness. There are several of us here that stress the importance of finding a woman that possess's Morals, Values and Character and finding one that has a Dream, not simply a Plan, in order to minimize the risk of what is a very difficult and risky venue, International Dating...

There are many wonderful LW looking for a good man and dream of being a success in life...having a loving lasting marriage...and there are the others...just looking for a way out....anyone willing to put forth the effort can find a good one....I have.

Regards, Houndog

Traveler
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Intro and questions, posted by Houndog on Apr 14, 2001

I agree with Sancho:

1.  an MOB service is not advanced technology.  what's the next step in the evolutionary process of MOB service??  arranged marriages??  C.O.D. s??

2.  Mexican women LOVE american men.  however, there are exceptions like you obviously.  

3.  Mexico is probably THE most traditional country in latin america as well as the one with the richest culture.  it is quite conservative.  

you look at Colombia with either rose colored glasses or beer goggles.  like Sancho said there is no crisis in Mexico that forces women to flee.  besides, with their proximity to the US there is no reason to marry as a means of escape.

By the way, many Colombian women work in brothels in Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Curacao, Aruba, Panama and the US. mostly almost by necessity but none the less don't try to bestow some sort of special purity on Colombians as compared to the rest of latin america.

Cartagena ranks up there with the leading sex tour places from what I've read.  you'd know more about that than me I suppose.

Houndog
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I beg to differ, posted by Traveler on Apr 17, 2001

Oh they flee alright...boy are you full of it...the border is jammed with Fleers every day and night....hence the need for our EXPANDING Border Patrol...get real idiot

Prejudice is the BIG Hold Up for agencies trying to recruit women from Mexico....Deep Pervasive WideSpread Plain Old Fashioned "PREJUDICE"....just like the kind on this side of the same border...between the exact same two groups....Polarization between the Races...Yea...also known by honest non PC people as PREJUDICE....and when you find LARGE GROUPS that ARE'NT PREJUDICED you find Co-Mingling...AKA...Plenty on Both Sides WANTING RELATIONSHIPS.....

Plus traveller..you have never been to Colombia so you have no way to compare the two...Myself on the other hand have been to both..live with a large Hispanic Community everyday...employ Mexicans...was married to one...have dated many...so have seen both sides of the coin and have the ability thru experience to do comparitive analysis. While you on the other hand are a know troll constanly throwing BS to get attention I suppose....when you can't even get a date....

And I noticed you don't post twenty times a day lately...you must be using your niebors computer. Forget to pay your phone bill..high roller. So when are you going to find a woman DESPERATE enough to date you HuhHuhHuh

Houndog

Traveler
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: You are wrong....again..!!, posted by Houndog on Apr 18, 2001

implying that somehow the fact that the seedy Mexican scene including your favorite "donkey shows" is a pervasive trait of Mexican culture.  what about all the Colombian women that work as prostitutes in and outside of Colombia??  how does that mesh with your ideal of what is conservative??  also, it seems that the reluctance of Mexican women to join in the MOB scene as opposed to Colombian women is a definite sign of conservatism.  

again you speak jibberish.  what is your point in paragraph number 2??

hahhahha  I date alot.  its you, that couldn't find a date so therefore were forced to go to another country.  

its YOU that had to find a woman desperate enough to date you.

no moron, Mexicans go to the US to work not look for American husbands.

your own words belie your previous post.  If Mexicans are prejudice against Americans and are therefore reluctant to use an MOB agency they are more conservative, conversely, according to you, Colombians are more willing, and open to cross-cultural marriage, and therefore more liberal in their attitudes.  duh!!!!  like I said before, Mexico is probably the most traditional (conservative) country in LA.

the irony of ironies, you accusing someone of posting too much.  

instead of posting all day, I suggest you start reading some books.  this will help greatly in improving your vocabulary.   adios enano pendejo!!

Houndog
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to no, you are wrong idiot, posted by Traveler on Apr 18, 2001

We have armed gaurds and barbwire for a reason...to prevent people from fleeing north....there is no such problem on our northern border idiot.

Almost 1 million Mexicans try to FLEE to the US yearly....more than all the Colombians in 20 years. What are you offended by the truth..You..."White Envy"..himself....HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Crawl back into your crack...cockroach...

Houndog

Traveler
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ahhh you poor lonely fool..., posted by Houndog on Apr 18, 2001

our border and Colombia being 3000 miles away.  do you follow my logic.  it must be tough getting laid just twice a year right Dog???  don't you have a hobby or something to do other than posting on the internet??

if Mexico had the same standard of living as Canada, there would be no barbed wire or armed patrol men.  If Colombia had the same standard of living as Canada, there would be no MOB agencies.  think about it hijo de cien putas

the MOB industry is completely opportunistic.   for the owners who make money, for the women who seek greener pastures, and for the men who are looking for a mate without the "complications"   i.e. dating in your case, or getting a date.  

Houndog
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to maybe it has something to do with Mexico..., posted by Traveler on Apr 18, 2001

You don't like women or the men that like women do you....you once again see them as only opurtunist....maybe that's why you have such incredably long dry spells...and have this strange aversion for wanting to find women in bars. But you miss the whole point of life and the fun of real social interaction...I don't believe you like girls at this point, and it's obvious why they don't like you...but let's play what if....just imagine things were different for a minute...ok just pretend you like girls.....they real point is to have them like you back even when their not drunk...and even when you're not giving them money....and to do that first you will need a new personality.....like mine for example...Tuff...can Take on and Best the biggest of all trolls(which you're not by the way, you're just a bit player)but yet can extend a helping hand whenever needed....are you keeping up here....and by being just a REAL Person...even you could get a girl to like you when she's sober...even ones you don't have to hire...sure you might not be successful at first..in your case and stuie's it will take some extra work...but after a few tries you will see first, that most guys aren't like you, thats why women like them, and second that women can like men even sober, without money and yes, even when they're Not desperate...

Well I know you're nieghbor probably wants their computer back so start working real hard and before you know it...You're long dry spell will be over..Let us know how it goes...

Houndog

Sancho
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: maybe it has something to do with ??..., posted by Houndog on Apr 19, 2001

Calm down lil dog! pop that beer open, take your anti-depressant(doctor orders) and leave the girls alone, why do you hate them so? If a woman chooses to go out that does not make her a prostitute, your lady in Cartagena went out with you? and if a man chooses to approach a woman on his own, and talk to a woman on his own without a translator it is not a bad thing, its normal! its called dating, a very old fashioned ritual, dating is what gives people a chance to get to know one another! you should try it sometime, unfortunately in your case you cant get a date because women do not exactly get turned on by being disrespected!
Houndog
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: maybe it has something to do wit..., posted by Sancho on Apr 19, 2001

Ohhhhh so you only find that women will talk to you after they've been drinking too. Now why am I not surprised by that....LOL...

So it appears that you and Malandope are the truly desperate ones here....not only do women have to be drunk to stand you.....they also have to be in a foriegn country....LOL...and if money is going to change hands I'll bet they will even stand close to you  maybe touch your arm.....

Get a life...a personality...get real....and do something about your ignorance and someday maybe both of you can get a real date like the rest of us. Hey and just think....even you might find one that wants a relationship....yea I know you have miles to go on that journey ...keep your fingers crossed and pray...keep telling yourself nothing is immpossible....LOL

Houndog

Sancho
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: maybe it has something to do..., posted by Houndog on Apr 19, 2001

HMMM? Apparently you have been skipping your medication again, first you bring up "Donkey Shows" "hatred of Mexicans" "underage girls" etc, and now you are constantly associating alcohol and bars with any women who is not from an agency? I feel very sorry for that victim of yours from Cartagena! oh well, Im sure she can find a battered womans shelter with room for her! and then a real man who is secure in himself to take care of her! ...................man o man, sounds like one of those bad mailorderbride news stories in the making! you say LOL!
I say SAD SAD SAD!
           I send my prayers to Cartagena
Houndog
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: maybe it has something t..., posted by Sancho on Apr 20, 2001

APODACA, Mexico (AP) -- Wearing business suits and cowboy boots, they flew in on private jets, landed at several airports and took a short drive to this northern town in a fleet of brand-new X-Terras.

They were Mexico's drug lords, who control most of the drugs smuggled to the United States, along with their bodyguards, various associates and their contacts in government.

Sixty men in all, they gathered in a restaurant, drawing the notice of local people as well as police in nearby Monterrey.

A participant in the three-day meeting, as well as associates of the smugglers, government officials and others familiar with the drug trade, gave independent accounts of the summit, speaking on condition of anonymity. Their descriptions differed slightly in detail but agreed on what the central purpose of the meeting was: to join forces after 12 years of bloody turf wars and form a new cartel that would unite operations and cut costs.

The alliance has been in the works for three years, but was made more urgent by a tough line from Mexico's new president, Vicente Fox; by a court decision making it easier to extradite drug smugglers to the United States; and by a proposed U.S.-Mexican crackdown on money-laundering, according to government insiders as well as associates of the smugglers.

A multibillion-dollar industry
Although nobody has a good estimate of how much money Mexico makes from drug smuggling, the White House estimates that about half of the $65 billion in drugs that Americans buy each year come through Mexico. By any estimate drug trafficking is one of Mexico's top sources of income, rivaling the top legal industries of oil, tourism and assembly-for-export plants.

The industry is so pervasive that it has corrupted law enforcement from top to bottom. Police assigned to drug duty are routinely arrested for collaborating with the smugglers, and in 1996 Mexico's newly appointed drug czar was found to be on the payroll of Carrillo Fuentes. Former Gen. Jesus Gutierrez Rebollo remains in jail.

The last major drug cartel in Mexico collapsed in 1989 when its longtime boss, Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo, was arrested. The new alliance would end the war of succession that has killed hundreds of people, and mean a major shift in the drug trade in the Western Hemisphere, creating a syndicate better equipped to evade law enforcement.

Rafael Macedo de la Concha, Fox's new attorney general, said his agents investigated tips about such a meeting and found no evidence that it had occurred. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration refused comment.

But the sources said the meeting took place January 26-28 around a long wooden table in a restaurant's back room, a picture window offering a garden view. Screened off from the main dining area, they talked as waiters in tuxedos served steaks, roast goat and dried beef soup, a regional specialty.

A who's who of smugglers
According to the accounts, the guest list at the January meeting read like a who's who of Mexican drug smugglers:

-- Juan Esparragosa Moreno, who Mexican authorities say is a veteran drug boss known as "El Azul" for his dark, almost blue-toned skin; other heirs of the late Amado Carrillo Fuentes, aka "the Lord of the Skies," including Ramon Alcides Magana, a former policeman known as "El Metro," who authorities say saved the life of Carrillo Fuentes' son and became a close confidant. They represented the Juarez drug-smuggling organization, which operates along Mexico's Caribbean coast, central Mexico and the west Texas border.

-- Humberto Garcia Abrego, accused by Mexican authorities of running the Gulf drug gang of his brother Juan, who is serving 11 life sentences in a U.S. prison for drug smuggling. The Gulf gang operates along Mexico's Gulf of Mexico coast. Accompanying him was Jaime Gonzalez, who associates say slipped out of the maximum-security Almoloya prison to attend the meeting.

-- Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel, reputed leader of the Colima gang, which operates in the Pacific coast state of Colima and along the far eastern border with Texas.

-- Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada, wanted by Mexican authorities, and representatives of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, who recently escaped from a Mexican maximum-security prison in a laundry bin. The two men work in a semi-independent but coordinated manner along Mexico's Pacific coast and north to the Arizona border.

-- Gilberto Valdes, a businessman who sources said represents smugglers in the southern state of Chiapas.

-- Two men in military uniforms with generals' stars, to whom the others referred as "representatives of the attorney general's office," the participant and associates said. And, they said, a group of Colombians was present as consultants.

These five major drug-smuggling groups make up a new cartel, not yet named, which encompasses many smaller gangs, the sources said. The only major group to decline the invitation to the meeting was that of the Tijuana-based Arellano Felix brothers, who run the bloodiest organization, all the sources said.

Analysts who study the drug trade confirmed an apparent alliance, although they didn't know about the meeting.

Macedo, the attorney general, said his office asked nearby residents about any unusual movements at the time but was told nobody had seen anything strange. "It's all speculation," he said.

However, Eduardo Valle, a former drug official at the attorney general's office, said colleagues told him there was "a lot of movement" in the agency's office in Monterrey, just a few miles from Apodaca, at the time of the meeting. He said he didn't know why, but added: "Certainly something major was happening."

Union a 'normal process'
A prominent drug expert, Jorge Chabat of Mexico City's Center for Investigation of Economic Development, said there are signs of a new union, and that although he hadn't heard about the meeting, he thought it was plausible.

"This seems like a normal process to me. This occurs in all legal businesses and there's no reason it shouldn't in the illegal ones, too," he said.

Apodaca is a busy industrial suburb of Monterrey and a prime operations center for all Mexican drug smugglers because businessmen can meet there without attracting attention and neighbors can be relied on to keep silent.

The associates said the smugglers opened their books to one another, discussed how much each paid in bribes, and shared contacts, informants and the names of corrupt officials. According to the insiders, the participants agreed that members of the new cartel would -- for now at least -- respect each other's territory.

The smugglers agreed to devise a joint strategy for selling drugs within Mexico and exporting them to the United States, the sources said.

They decided to pool their bribes in one larger payment to each corrupt official, and the generals agreed to accept the new form of payment, the sources said.

Also, they said, the traffickers agreed to more meetings to strengthen their new cartel.

According to all but one of the sources, the smugglers also agreed to end their infighting. But one source close to the government said he understood they had agreed to increase violence in an effort to destabilize the Mexican government.

Sancho
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Intro and questions, posted by Houndog on Apr 14, 2001

Congratulations on finding yourself a mailorderbride in Colombia little dog, but thats no reason to make such derogatory stereotypical statements concerning Mexico, you say "refusing to move ahead with technology"? you are way off and have obviously not been there, "Mexicans generally dont like northamericans"? maybe in your case, you say "they are not outwardly as happy"? They are very happy and proud of their heritage and unfortunately for guys like you most Mexicanas in the larger cities have no interest or desperation to leave, why should they, they are not a WAR TORN country like Colombia! you also say "Ive never heard of Donkey Shows in Colombia...so more conservative"? thats some sleezy typical redneck comments that say a LOT about yourself and your woman problems that have plagued your life! you can spend your complete weekend devoted to this Planet Love forum and call yourself Houndog, Henry, and Stan, but away from your keyboard on the planet Earth with your attitude you will end up being one of those poor guys known among Colombianas referred to as a "Puente A Miami" (Bridge to Miami)           !! P.S Have you visited your mailorderbride at work lately? I hear she is doing something with a Donkey! hmmmm?  oh! and "Check yourself before you wreck yourself"
Starman
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Intro and questions, posted by Sancho on Apr 15, 2001

Sancho,

Houndog just simply stated his opinions. You have yours. No reason to attack him personally, or, esp. his novio. I'm surprised he did not use a few more choice words in his response.

And, since you use the term "mail order bride", then why are you even here? The process involves basically the save steps one would take here in the US through an introduction agency. You know that. Using that term is simply an attempt to insult.

If you have anything constructive to provide this forum, then do so. Otherwise don't say anything.

Tim Nelson.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: