Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 02:54:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: question about marriage agencies  (Read 18529 times)
Luther
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: question about marriage agencies, posted by USAPrince21 on Apr 8, 2005

Josh,

Why don't you just re-register as Josh123 or whatever, and just stop using the princely thing?  If it's more technical than that, our esteemed moderator will tell you.

Blossoms.com is Cherry Blossoms.  They've been around since 1974 and are located in Hawaii.  Before they had a website, they had a magazine.  They used to be for strictly Asian women seeking American husbands, and that's still the main emphasis, but I've also seen a few American women advertising on it.  (And their ads were typical: "Seeking honest man who will lie and tell me I'm perfect so I can rip him to shreds later when I decide the whole relationship is his fault...blah blah blah")  And of course men now advertise on CB too, which is how Jovie found me.

I used to be a mailman, that's why I knew about CB.  It wasn't until I got completely fed up with the American female's allergy to openhearted affection that I went looking for an alternative to the (VERY EXPENSIVE) eharmony.com and rediscovered CB.

From what I've seen CB is a good source for meeting women from the Philippines, Russia, Ukraine, Peru, and China.  It costs $20 per month and they were completely reliable.  They offer other services like visa help that is expensive but you can get that kind of advice for free on this website and on asawa.org which is for men and women who are in Filipino-American relationships.

Welcome to Planet Club, may you live long and prosper, and may your children have brown skin and pointy eyes.

Luther

Bob S
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cherry Blossoms, posted by Luther on Apr 8, 2005

and olive brown skin. 8-)
Actually, though my wife regards herself as yellow, she's fairer and lighter than me. Put our hands side by side and I'm definitely noticeably pink compared to her.
Luther
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Almond eyes!, posted by Bob S on Apr 8, 2005

like a bucket of honey
Bob S
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to golden brown skin, posted by Luther on Apr 9, 2005

Nicely poetic. 8-)
Bear
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to question about marriage agencies, posted by USAPrince21 on Apr 7, 2005

Welcome to the board.  I suggest you change your handle, Filipinas will think you are a braggard and "plastic".

Dude that question has been posed so many times its hard to get people to respond.  I suggest you search the archives.  But a short answer would be the highest success rate is to Asians and the highest of those is to Filipinas.  They are christians usually(mostly catholic), speak good english, higher educations at times for easier employment here, have similar political views although there is a lot of corruption there, extremely family oriented, most likely virgins without children.

Too many ways to meet them, just a few posts down under "resource question" I responded to that.

The Bear Family

USAPrince21
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: question about marriage agencies, posted by Bear on Apr 7, 2005

how would I go about changing my handle for these boards?  Cuz I'm still fairly new to this one on planet-love.com
Jeff S
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: question about marriage agencies, posted by USAPrince21 on Apr 7, 2005

Sorry - no idea how to change the handle. I just have the keys to to removing posts and banning people. Suggest you e-mail Patrick, the board owner: info@planet-love.com

- Jeff

Bear
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: question about marriage agencies, posted by USAPrince21 on Apr 7, 2005

nm
Ray
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to question about marriage agencies, posted by USAPrince21 on Apr 7, 2005

Hi Josh,

Welcome to the forum.

Have you done any traveling overseas yet? I would start saving up some funds, get your passport, and plan some travel abroad. Some places like the Philippines or South America are very inexpensive once you get there and you can enjoy the vacation while checking out the people and the culture first-hand.

If you don’t speak any foreign languages, you may want to concentrate on countries where English is widely spoken, like the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. Do a lot of research on the Web first and see which countries look interesting.

You don’t need any agency to find a wife for you. It’s more fun and much cheaper if you do it on your own.

Ray

USAPrince21
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: question about marriage agencies, posted by Ray on Apr 7, 2005

For researching on the web to find the counrties I like best, that would include Latin America, right?
Ray
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: question about marriage agencies, posted by USAPrince21 on Apr 8, 2005

Sure, why not? Where you look is up to you to figure out :-)

Ray

Tommy
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: question about marriage agen..., posted by Ray on Apr 8, 2005

test
Jeff S
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

The question of which to go for is all about what you are looking for. The first thing you have to do is do some soul searching and try to figure out what it is you really want. Give some thought to what personality traits you think are important to you. You're going to have to adapt to her culture almost as much as she'll have to adapt to yours, so spend plenty of time studying the different cultures to find one that's compatable with you. If spicy food gives you irritable bowel syndrome, don't marry a Thai. If norteño music makes you want to shoot yourself in the head, forget about a Mexicana. If you think cultural events are only for snobs and gays, you probably shouldn't hook up with a girl from St. Petersburg.

Remember that every country has its simple sweet girls, and its high maintenance psyco-bitches. Finding a great wife isn't as much an exercise in deciding which country to pick from, as it is in searching through piles of tailings to find that gold nugget.

How about a little more about you?

- Jeff

USAPrince21
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: question about marriage agencies, posted by Jeff S on Apr 7, 2005

I live in the town of Elkhart which is in north central Indiana (the Hoosier state) and in my area there is a large population of Latinos, specifically Mexican.  I'm used to them.  I think they are nice people - very family oriented,  which I have alot of repsect for them for that trait.  My name is Josh by the way if I didn't already mention that. With asian girls, it is something mysterious about them - in a good way - that for years now I have found attractive.  But I like all kinds of ladies, specifically, Asians and Latinas.  I do hope that I find my soul-mate soon, whoever she is.  

- Josh

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: