Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 05:15:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K-1 Visa Question  (Read 6559 times)
Keith NC
« on: April 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I hope everyone is doing well.  I have been busy working alot since I got back from the Philippines.  I have been lurking on the board but that is about it.  Maybe someone can help me with a question I have regarding the K-1 visa.  I have most of my package ready to send to Texas.  The problem that I have is my birth certificate.  I had to call Richmond, Virginia to get a copy since I was born in Virginia.  The lady I talked to told me that it would take a turn around period of 20 days by the time I get the application to fill out and send it back to them.  Then they have to send a copy of my birth certificate to me.  Twenty days is not a really long time to wait since I have waited so long anyway.

My question is can I go ahead an send my package and send a copy of my birth certificate when I receive it?  I did put a copy of my birth registration card in my package.  I was just wondering if I had any options or if I just have to wait until I get a copy of my birth certificate.  

Any advice is appreciated.

Keith

Ray
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to K-1 Visa Question, posted by Keith NC on Apr 19, 2005

No, you must send it with your petition. They only need a Xerox copy if you have one of those handy. If no, you can order your BC online or by FAX through vitalchek.com and pay to have it FedExed to you if you are in a hurry.

http://www.vitalchek.com/provider_overview.asp?provider_id=20989

OR:

They want a copy of your birth certificate as evidence of your US citizenship. You are also allowed to submit a copy of your valid passport as evidence of citizenship. Be sure to copy ALL pages, even the blank ones! See Form I-129F Part 3.D.

Ray

Keith NC
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: K-1 Visa Question, posted by Ray on Apr 19, 2005

Hi Ray,

Thanks alot.  I did exactly what you wrote about the passport and was able to finish everything up this afternoon and send it to Texas.  Maybe before Christmas  Anecita will be here.  I have a friend here in North Carolina that is marrying a Pinay from Bohol.  He sent his package to Texas but he got a notice saying that it was being processed in California.  I don't know if that is good or bad but we will see.  I am thinking Anecita will be here by October or November if there aren't any problems.  It took six months the last time I filed.  I will start on the I-134, Affadavit of Support tomorrow.  I think I send that to her in Butuan City though.  

Glad to hear that you have been with your wife for five years now.  

Keith

Ray
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: K-1 Visa Question, posted by Keith NC on Apr 20, 2005

Keith,

You won’t need the I-134 for a while yet but yes, you will send it to your fiancée later when she gets her appointment letter from Manila. You can get most of the financial papers together now and then get your employer letter and notary just before you send it to her. It would be a good idea to send her the last 3 years of tax returns and W-2’s just in case they ask for more than 1 year.

I think California hired a bunch of people and are taking some backlogged petitions from Nebraska and especially Texas. I think Texas has about an 8-month backlog for I-129Fs and I-130s and the ones that get transferred to California are being processed in about 2 months and sometimes much less than that. If yours gets transferred to California then I would take that as good news.

Ray

Keith NC
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: K-1 Visa Question, posted by Ray on Apr 21, 2005

Ray,

Thanks for all your help.  I will complete the affadavit of support this weekend.  Hopefully our package is sent to California then.  That is definately a good thing.  I am not going to get my hopes up.  I will just plan on waiting 8 months then if it happens sooner I will be happy as a clam.  Seems like Texas gets alot of these petitions.  I guess because it is the service center for so many states.  

This is off the subject but I was reading the paper today and it showed census projections for the states by 2030.  California was projected to have 44 million people by 2030.  Texas was second with 33 million. North Carolina would be the seventh largest state with almost 13 million people.  I know California is a huge state and can handle it but that is alot of people.   My Uncle lives in Newport Beach in Orange County.  He is married to a Filipina too.  

Keith

Bear
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to K-1 Visa Question, posted by Keith NC on Apr 19, 2005

Try faxing them the info and your credit card info.  I did and got it in 3 days.

Bear

Keith NC
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: K-1 Visa Question, posted by Bear on Apr 19, 2005

Bear,

Thanks for your help.  Hopefully the problem was solved my copying all the pages in my passport and sending it to them.  

Keith

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: