Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 04:20:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Filipina friends  (Read 13666 times)
wolverine1963
« on: May 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hello everyone, my wife has been here about 1 year now after spending the entire 31 previous years of her life in Surigao City. From my observations she has adjusted very very well--probably better that I would have if the situation was reversed.

One difficulty she has had though is meeting Filipina friends here in the U.S. (MI) who are of similar thinking etc. She has met some Filipinas who have been in the U.S. for 5 years or more (up to 20 years) but she had some problems with chikka etc behind her back and "snobbing".

I know I am biased but my wife is very sweet and sincere (most people who meet her say this). I am shocked that she has had any trouble meeting and making freindships with like-minded Filipinas here. She has many non-Filipina friends etc but I thought it would be nice if she had a few good Filipina friends to speak with and chat with about Filipino things.

I was wondering if anyone else's wife experienced a similar situation and what became of it? Thank you for your thoughts

wolverine

slothrop
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Filipina friends, posted by wolverine1963 on May 2, 2005

My wife has made some filipina friends, some of them good, but some others are real gems.  She applied for work at a store where one is employed.  While she was filling out an application her "friend" asked me for money to send her nieces back in the Philippines to private school, maybe $500/year.  I turned her down; she called back a few days later, said the manager was returning from vacation, and she asked again, giving a deadline to our response.  She was obviously selling a good, or not-bad recommendation. She was trying to import good old-fashioned filipino corruption to the U.S. We run into her at parties, what gets me is that my wife will talk to her; I refuse to.
Esiang
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Before I come here I was advised from my CFO seminar to be careful meeting filipino's here, doesn't mean it's your kababayan you can trust them.

A few good Filipina friends no trouble, no hassle.

Surigao Ken
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Wolf,

My wife, Nancy would love to chat with your wife. Maybe you know that my wife is from around Surigao City, can you guess where? Love that place!!! Here is my wife's email adress: nmpearce@mchsi.com.

Email us!!!

Take care,

Surigao Ken

Bear
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Come chat with us!!!, posted by Surigao Ken on May 3, 2005

Are you in training again?  Where at?  Honey and I bought a home not too far from where you stayed here in Houston.  Moving today.

Bear

Surigao Ken
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Ken, posted by Bear on May 5, 2005

Bear!!!!

Congrats!!!!

We are so happy that ya'll bought a home. Now you,Honey and Little Bear can do that backyard thing; grilling, gardening,and enjoying the good life. Our little Mary D. still has a crush on Little Bear,remember their first kiss at the Zoo?
I'm still stuck in TDY mode. We plan on being in Idaho in late June, then off to Irag in Sept.( Just me of course, Nancy and the kids are going to the Philippines to oversee our Mindanao empire.( The building off Nanas' Sari Sari Store. Look out Wallmart!!!)

Well, I'm rambling. We grilled steaks tonight, time to chow down.

Take care,

Ken, Nancy, and Mary D.

Stephen
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hey Ken, posted by Surigao Ken on May 5, 2005

KEN:

then off to Irag in Sept

STEPHEN

My son is back in Afghanistan.  He was sent to Afghanistan for a few months, then Irag for a few months.  Now he's back in Afghanistan.  

He doesn't like it there.  He wanted to get back to Irag.  He says there a lot more progressive in Irag.  

He's a Captain in the Army.

Best of luck, Ken.

Surigao Ken
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Hey Ken, posted by Stephen on May 6, 2005

Stephen,
Our prayers are with you and your son. Yea, I'll be on that round robin rotation too. About six months after Iraq, I'll be heading to Afganistan also. I'll be supporting army aviation units.(AH-64's.) Hopefully I'll be able to stay CONUS for awhile after that.

Take care,
Surigao Ken

senior citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Hey Ken, posted by Surigao Ken on May 6, 2005

Believe it or not, on this subject, I actually got papers requiring me to report for a physical. I think someone goofed. I'll be able to collect social security if I ever quit working. I have been retired for over 20 years now.

I'll report but I imagine they'll laugh me out of the building. Honey is very upset about it all but I told her not to worry. Not much use for senior citizens who haven't had on a uniform in a generation.

For all of you who will have to go, and for those with family going or there, you have our blessings and our thanks. Honey lights candles for the troops every week.

don2222
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by don2222]

My Filipina ex-wife had  two Filipina friends while we were married.  The first one started out nice, but then she tried to control my ex's life, and then her and her husband got drunk one night and tried to convince my ex to have a threesome with them.  I put an end to that friendship after that.  The second one first contacted my ex claiming to be a distant cousin, she then would keep  my ex out all night playing video poker in an attempt to make me angry and/or suspicious, her plan was to create problems with my marriage until we split and then she wanted to move in and be with me.  We finally figured out what she was doing, and I explained to her that I had absolutely no interest in her.  My ex never heard from her again.  Both these women refused to explain how they got to America, and both of them had left babies behind in the Philippines.  So, both were not the best of people.  I was happy at first that my ex had found Filipina friends near our house, but then later definitely regretted it.

Don

Keith NC
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi Wolverine,

Considering my own experience with my ex filipina wife I would be very careful with the filipinas that your wife hangs around with.  Some of them will not have your or your wifes best interest at heart.  Then there will be others that will get along with you and your wife well and will have the same interests.

It all comes down to character.  If they have good character and aren't into gossiping and causing trouble for others then that is a good sign.  

Keith

Howard
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Wolvie,

Gerlie has been here seven months now--Best seven months of my life!!!, but that's a story for different post Tongue--and really hasn't made a whole lot of friends here either.  Well... let me state this properly.  She hasn't really made any Filipina friends by meeting them here.  She has made several through the site that we met through, that she kept in touch when finding out that they were either already in Michigan or hooking up with someone from Michigan.  We have met a few nice couples and are in contact with at least one other that we haven't had the chance to actually meet in person, but plan on it soon Smiley  

If you would like to email me--I would have emailed you but your addy isn't listed here on the site--and give me your contact information, Gerlie would LOVE to talk to your wife.  She's the one who suggested that I make this post Smiley  I'm pretty sure you know what I am all about, but my wife is easy to get along with Tongue  Hahahahahahaahahaa

Congrats on your good fortune Smiley

I look forward to hearing from you Smiley

Keep the Faith

H

wolverine1963
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Filipina friends, posted by Howard on May 2, 2005

Hi Howie----hehehehe...Howard. Thanks for the messages. Yes, my wife Roxan would like to contact Gerlie. Our email is rpleslie@rc.net. Don't you guys live over by Tita Sis? Wolvie....wolverine
Howard
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Filipina friends, posted by wolverine1963 on May 3, 2005

Tita Si's, lagi Tongue

We had some carry-out from there that we weren't too impressed with Sad  Maybe I'm just lucky, but everything Gerlie makes tastes better than the things we have had from there.  In fairness, we have only been there once.

We live about a mile from there Smiley

Keep the Faith

H

Bear
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I think this is a Filipina trait.  My wife found it easy to meet tens of Filipinas here in Houston but then weeding out the ones who wanted to be friends and those who just wanted to cause problems.  The 1st week alone she met 2 Filipinas from Mag-anak who criticized her and her choices.  Honey and another Filipina stopped associating with those two and not surprisingly both are now having marrital problems.

Another Filipina Honey did some babysitting for spread all kinds of nasty rumors about Honey but the tables were turned on her when all our Fil-Am friends told the girl off and cast her out of the group.

Still there was another Filipina who claimed Honey would end up just like her (divorced) and Honey refused to associate with her because of it.  Now the girl is quite ill and we really feel sorry for her and are trying to help.

The most fasinating thing is all the chikka from home.  There is a never ending wave of lies, rumors, misrepresntations and backbitting coming from friends(?) and families back home.  So much that Honey just flat out refuses to want to go back - even for a visit.  At one time we were going to retire there but now I doubt it.

After 25 years with and evil AM its great to have a wife who refuses to associate with someone who doesn't intend to be loyal and tries to cause problems with rumors and chikka.  My "ex" never did.

If your wife wants to chat, Honey's almost always online and has 10's of good chat buddies in Yahoo.  E-mail her at Bearhoney143@nospam.com.

The Bear Family

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: