Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 07:26:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tests all work - Now for a question.  (Read 22472 times)
Jimbo
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tests all work - Now for a question., posted by Stephen on Jan 16, 2005

Hi Stephen,

I think that's what Jeff is asking.  How did you pick out those 50 just from pics and bio info?

Jim

Stephen
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How did you choose the initial 50?, posted by Jimbo on Jan 17, 2005

Oh, okay.

There was this service "LOVE 2 CU .com".  For $80 you could get any 50 addresses from the ladies you choose.

Stephen

Stephen
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tests all work - Now for a question., posted by Stephen on Jan 16, 2005

Okay...more specifically.

I wrote 50 ladies.  As they responded I had the two ladies that worked at the law office in the same building as me read them and give their viewpoint.  They were quite critical....some they spotted right away and said "drop her".

By the way, after about a month one secretary told me "If if you to the Philippines to see a lady, I think it will be Tess.  She is the best one."

Stephen

Bear
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Tests all work - Now for a quest..., posted by Stephen on Jan 16, 2005

Use a woman to do the initial choosing huh?

The Bear family

Luther
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Tests all work - Now for a question., posted by Jeff S on Jan 15, 2005

I tried Cherry Blossoms because I had written to several women at eharmony.com and none of them responded.  I decided the whole idea of eharmony.com knowing more about my needs and interests than I did, and then taking $50 per month to make my decisions for me, was bogus, and went to Cherry Blossoms because I used to be a mailman and had stuffed many of their magazines into single guys' boxes.  And at $19.95 per month, blossoms.com was affordable and showed me pictures right away, which eharmony.com was too snooty to do.

I got mail right away from my ad.  I had worded it in such a way as to indicate that I had no money, and as far as I could tell no pure gold-diggers bothered to write me.  I did mention that I just needed someone to care about, and posted a photo that showed me with my dog, wearing a shirt with Japanese characters on it (me, not the dog.  The dog was naked.)

The first woman to write me was a cosmopolitan Chinese woman.  I drooled over her considerably because she was very attractive and over 40, but reconsidered when she said she wanted to be manager of her own salon.  Different interests.  And although I enjoy studying languages, when she told me she had to use software to  translate my letters, I was discouraged and decided I wasn't really in love with her enough to make the journey to China.  Then I got a response from Jovie, just a generic thing saying she'd like to know me better.  Then I got a bunch of letters, all from Filipinas.

I wrote to all of them regularly and gave them all an equal chance despite the fact that some were not beautiful or even close.  Jovie I barely considered because I thought she WAS beautiful and I didn't think she'd really be interested in me because she seemed quite religious and interested in having her own family, which I had not put much thought into because I'd never had a girlfriend who'd inspired me to want to raise children.  I was religious when it was popular in 1972 but had since settled on my own mixture of Buddhism, Taoism, shamanism, etc., so I wasn't sure if I should write her back.

I got letters from a Filipina contract worker in Hong Kong who insisted from the start that I tell her my email address, which according to the Cherry Blossoms staff was a red flag.  Her English was good and I liked her but in her pictures she was never smiling.  She almost got me because she was the most aggressive.

A pre-school teacher (a divorced Filipina with a small child) was hot on my trail and I liked her even though she giggled constantly in her messages (hehehehehehe) which was okey but made me nervous.

A rather unattractive girl who liked to cook wanted me pretty bad and for a while she was first in line because I felt she was sincere and intelligent.

A divorced over-40 schoolmistress Filipina who spoke better English than me was interesting but she had 4 kids and I was afraid she was out of my league, educationwise and professionally.

One day I took a look at the women who'd contacted me and thought, what the heck, and I went into the pictures and wrote to the most beautiful women in Cherry Blossoms.  Including Jovie, but she was the only one who'd contacted me first.  Only one of my cold contacts wrote me back, and her response was somewhat tentative sounding.

Except Jovie, she wrote me back too.  She wrote me in detail, responding to the specific points in my letter.  For example, I'd said I liked Asian food, and in her response she listed several of the dishes she liked to cook, and said that cooking and gardening were her hobbies.  She was college educated and had been working full time in the same office for 13 years.  She stressed that she was a devout Catholic and wanted her own family.  I was falling for her fast, so I wrote back and said I was not what most Christians would consider a Christian, and until I met her I hadn't put that much thought into raising a family.  I was surprised when she wrote me back immediately, still interested.

After I'd been corresponding with all these women for a while I felt like I was cheating on all of them, so I re-read every letter I'd sent and every one I'd received.  I looked at all the pictures.  I decided that if I didn't say goodbye to all of them but Jovie, I would be ripping myself off.  She was the one I wanted.  Her smile was the one I wanted in my house, in my life, and in my heart.

It was Jovie's idea to get on the webcam after a few weeks of sending emails.  That was the opposite of a red flag in my opinion.  When the webcam first came on, I was shocked because she didn't look like the low resolution photos that had been on Cherry Blossoms.  Then she smiled...

And when Gerlie peeked through the curtain from the booth next door, I couldn't help but wonder if maybe smiling might be something that runs in the family.  My final decision was based on the good background (happy family), detailed and timely responsiveness (her letters didn't sound like generic responses), sense of humor (indicates maturity and intelligence), and the 2000 facets of Jovie's smile.

Bear
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Tests all work - Now for a question., posted by Jeff S on Jan 15, 2005

Hmmmm, the test was because I deleted all my cookies and needed to make sure I remembered my passowrd.

As to the question...

I looked at all the available pictures and bios on the various sites and take a great deal of pride in telling my wife that I picked her from literally thousands of pretty girls as the prettiest.  But I never ordered any pictures from those sites - I guess none were worth the effort.  Although I will say that my first inclinations this way came because of a TV report on successful marriage from a magazine called "Cherry Blossoms".  Several years before I divorced my "ex" I saw one of the Cherry Blossom magazines and was amazed at the good looking girls who were in them.

I actually wrote girls I chatted with in the mIRC channels.  I usually sent them a picture and a brief bio of myself and if they responded (with requested info like what I provided for them) then we started corresponding and I looked for compatibility.  I was writing 13 girls when I first chatted with Honey and stopped writting them very soon after meeting Honey - I just knew she was the one.  The thing that first attracted me to Honey was the look on her face.  As I studied it for clues about her character she looked to me as if she had just pulled a practical joke on someone, she looked "sneaky", happy.  The second picture she sent me I didn't care for at all, it was professionally taken and didn't look like her at all, but the third was quite revealing of her character and it included things I had sent her for her birthday.  None of her pictures were physcially revealing in any way and she was quite stingy with the bio information.  I based most of the decisions I made to marry her on the answers to my questions, her response to my actions and prayers - many together.

I was prepared to write lots of girls and visit them all to make a good decission.  I had observed several trip reports where guys had done just that.  I also noticed later it really didn't seem to help.  Once I met Honey, I decided it really wasn't necessary and if I had to start over later, I guess I'd have to start over.

I had thought I met a girl worth the effort before Honey but she turned out to be a suicidal fruitcake. She later tried to write me after Honey and I got married. I let Honey handle it.  Another girl, only 17 insisted that I'd marry her? even though I insisted she was far too young.  Her father was a sherrif in Cotabano, I didn't even want to go there.  Another was a nurse who disappeared from chat after a trip to Southern Mindanao - really don't know what happened to her?  Another was an engineer in Manila and another a unmarried mom trying to find a home for her son, she was honest about it from the beginning so I introduced her to a friend of mine who had just gotten a divorce.

I stopped chatting with everyone who asked for money instantly.  The girl who threatened suicide was because I refused to send her money for her last year of college - her sister in Philadelphia had refused her any more money because she was failing her in courses.  Eventually her sister relented and she graduated and hoped one of her many chat boyfriends would now bring her to the states.  None did at last communication.

I have since introduced several frineds to available Filipinas and as far as I know none have worked out.  I'm actually not in communication with any of them anymore, so I can't say how the personal introduction thing works.  Most of Honey and my friends met through introductions and/or the military while on tour of duty in the R.P.

The Bear Family

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: