Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 04:09:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Find a woman with a job  (Read 18079 times)
Keith NC
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Find a woman with a job, posted by Stephen on Jan 23, 2005

Stephen,

I don't have to tell you but you definately have a winner.  I hope the two of you are doing well.  I know you guys have had a lot of bad weather out there recently.  

I am leaving on the February 21 for the Philippines.  Do you or Tess need me to do anything for you while I am in Butuan City?  I would me more than happy too.  I don't know a whole lot about the city so any reccomendations on where to eat or places to visit?  

Keith

Dave H
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Find a woman with a job, posted by Keith NC on Jan 23, 2005

Hi Keith,

When dinning out in Butuan City, I like eating at Weegol's, Aling Coras and Titas Cafe. There are plenty of fast food restaurants, including Chow King (Siopao, Halo-Halo), Greenwich (Greenwich Special Pizza, Hawaiian Pizza, Lasagna Supreme, Crispy Trios), and the ever popular Jollibee (Chickenjoy, Jolly Spaghetti, Jolly Hotdog, Yum, Jolly Crispy Fries, Peach Mango Pie), a few of my favorites...MASARAP! There are plenty of the American fast food chains present as well.

As for things to do, if you have some spare time with your sweetie: you might want to have a tricycle driver take you to the department of tourism on Pili Drive. There you can obtain maps and guides to the region. The Balanghai Hotel arranges tours to places of interest...the last I heard. I have only been to the Almont Inland Resort for a wedding, but it looked like there was plenty to do as Ray mentioned. I never seem to have time to do everything I want to when I'm in the Philippines and Butuan City. Some of my everyday things are zig-zaging up and down Montilla Blvd. and around town on our motorcycle, visiting friends and relatives, checking out books with Philippine topics to read at the library, swimming, mountain biking... Places I like to visit are the Butuan Regional Museum, The Balangay Shrine Museum, the beach at Buenavista, the port at Nasipit, the Bitaug Tree, Lake Manit, the Agusan River on a pumpboat, and of course visit the bundok. There are lots of nice waterfalls and caves in the area...just have to watch out for the NPA! LOL There are things that I would like to do, but would probably have to do so without my wife's (the intelligent partner and my bodyguard) knowledge LOL...float down the Agusan River and under the Magsaysay Bridge on a pile of logs, jump off the Magsaysay Bridge (bad reputation for suicides) swim across the Agusan River, climb Mt. Hilong-hilong, ride on top of a jeepney from Butuan to Surigao, surf Cloud Nine at Siargao...one of these days. Shocked)

If you have any problems or questions while you are there just post them here on P-L. Have a great time!

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Butuan City, posted by Dave H on Jan 26, 2005

Peach Mango Pies...my favorite!

And Banana Langka too!

Do you want me to buy you one here and mail it to you? $1.29 EA

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Butuan City, posted by Dave H on Jan 26, 2005

...email me.

Dave H.

Jay
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Find a woman with a job, posted by Keith NC on Jan 23, 2005

Hi keith,

Good luck on your trip. I hope I didn't sound like too much of a wise guy in my post below, when your girl was found. Didn't mean to.

Anyway Good luck,
Jay:-)

Keith NC
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Find a woman with a job, posted by Jay on Jan 24, 2005

Hi Jay,

I value yours and the rest of the guys and ladies insight when it comes the women over there in the Phiippines.  We are all like Family just looking out for one another.  I will keep my eyes and options open.    

This will be my third trip in less than five years.  I love it over there especially when it is really cold here.

Thanks,

Keith  

Stephen
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

and take lots of pictures.....about recomendations, you can go to beach with her and the family (not a white sand beach) but a cheap way to take the whole family out in an excursion.

Goodluck and have a safe trip,

Tess

Keith NC
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to enjoy your trip...tess, posted by Stephen on Jan 24, 2005

Hi Tess,

That sounds good Tess.  Thank you and I will definately take alot of pictures and share them with you guys.  I am looking forward to it.  It have been a little over two years since I have been there.  I having withdrawl symptoms, Lol.  

Thank you and God Bless,

Keith

Ray
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to enjoy your trip...tess, posted by Stephen on Jan 24, 2005

Good idea about going to the beach Tess, if you like stepping on a pile of rocks (LOL).

Another alternative in Butuan is taking them to the "beach" right there in town at the Almont Inland Resort. Have you ever been there Tess? We spent a couple of days there on our honeymoon. It's REALLY nice, but a little pricey. Great pools, nice outdoor restaurant and bar, and the rooms (cabins) were perfect, all in a tropical setting.

Camiguin Island is another nearby alternative, but a little much for a day trip. Two days would be great.

Ray

Stephen
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Beaches, posted by Ray on Jan 24, 2005

Hi Ray,

Yes, I checked Almont Inland Resort but its pricey. You know I have lots of relatives in Butuan City and I don't want them to think that I have tons of money to spend. And besides the beach in Buenavista is not that bad. We grew up going there every summer.

Give my regards to Migs,

Tess

Dave H
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Beaches, posted by Stephen on Jan 24, 2005

Hi Tess,

We like to rent a jeepney, pack it with family and head to Buenavista. We rent a shelter and spend the day.

Dave H.

Stephen
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Find a woman with a job, posted by don2222 on Jan 22, 2005

asdf
Stephen
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to This is excellent advice.  NT, posted by Stephen on Jan 23, 2005

It's only human nature for a man to want to have the sexiest, most beautiful lady in the world.

BUT...there's nothing sexy or beautiful about a bitchy, unhappy lady.  

My first marriage was to a very pretty lady.  I was married to her for 10 years...........2 months, 13 days, 14 hours, 22 minutes, and 18 seconds.  My God, I remember it well.

She was a very unhappy lady.  And she was determined to make everyone else around her just as miserable and unhappy as she was.

Stephen

Jeff S
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to PS......., posted by Stephen on Jan 23, 2005

I'd take an ugly, happy & optimistic woman over a whiney depressed supermodel any day.

I remember reading Dale Carnegie's book many years ago. He described his wife as being so optimistic that if you filled the living room with horse manure when she was out, she'd come home and jump up and down with joy, saying, "Oh great! we got a pony!"

I remember thinking, "Now that's the kind of wife I want." It's a rare thing. My wife is pretty good about that, but has her occasional bouts with pessisism. I guess I do, too. No one can be happy all of the time. It's an overall state that counts.

There was a study published a year or two ago, and was described in a news article in the OC Register, about people's happiness levels. Apparently they don't change much overall throughout their adult lives. Sure they can temporarily shift up or down a bit, if you win the lottery or discover you need chemotherapy, but overall, your happiness level returns to your natural state pretty quickly - sickness or health, richer or poorer.

The moral of the story is marry someone who has about the right happiness lever for you. Don't expect her to change, no matter how much her lifestyle or opportunities change.

- Jeff

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: