Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 04, 2024, 07:41:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peter and Maricel update  (Read 14947 times)
Ray
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I would have thought...., posted by Jeff S on Mar 29, 2004

Good point Jeff! ROFL!
Ray
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Peter and Maricel update, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 28, 2004

It probably doesn’t apply to you Peter, but if the interviewer has any questions about your ability to support a wife and family because of low income or other financial factors, they will sometimes ask your fiancée if she intends to work after she arrives in the States. A positive answer may help allay his fears that she might become a public charge. As a general rule, it is better to answer in the affirmative even if you aren’t sure yet… IMHO.

If she wants to work after she gets settled in, and she probably will, I wouldn't fight it, unless you intend to get her pregnant right away. A lot of women will simply go crazy sitting at home all day. Even a part time job would help if it’s important to her. Have you considered employing her in your business?

Ray

Peter Lee
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Peter and Maricel update, posted by Ray on Mar 28, 2004

I have decided not to get her pregnant for at least one or two years, although on the phone she was talking about how important having a baby is. She ranted on about how her nurse friend said that I can't make babies anymore at my age an obvious way to give me a chanlange LOL  The Filipinas here in town have opted not to get pregnant right away after being here a while.  

I am usually very busy all day and can use lots of help.  So she could work for me, how long would it take to get her SS number or green card or papers to enable her to work on the books?  

But really, helping me keep things clean, shopping for food, organizing the house and business, helping with the phone calls and keeping me company will keep her busy enough.  
Remember I have a full time job with the Martial Arts at night and in the day I take care of all the advertising and bills.

Most of the day time is taken up with getting materials for the carpenters and taking care of the apartments with 24 tenants and 17 bathrooms.  My mom calls me king of the toilets LOL  I am slowly getting out of debt and then I will make some free time to have a vacation. But but for now it is work, work, work.  She also has to get used to me getting injured from time to time.  Right now I have a fractured wrist from the Jiu Jitsu class.  She wants to know why I laugh when she tells me to be careful.  

Naturally I am concerned about the Interview for two reasons.  It seems that sometimes strange things happen in those interviews and for unknown reasons they are put into review.  The other is our 40 year age differance which may set off a lot of red flags for the Interviewer.  

But we will see soon enough this Friday what will happen and thanks to you and this forum all has been done that could be done.

greg
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter and Maricel update, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 29, 2004

don't be in a hurry to get Her pregnant. Having a child with the wrong Woman can be a Pain in the Butt. Trust me
Peter Lee
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Son, Wait, posted by greg on Mar 30, 2004

I hear ya Greg, loud and clear.  I am thinking as she stays in the US for a while this baby thing may go away.   If it don't a good long wait is next.
greg
Son
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hey Son, Wait, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 30, 2004

I meant that you both need more time courting in USA before considering  a baby.
Peter Lee
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Son, posted by greg on Mar 31, 2004

I agree for sure
don2222
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by don2222]

Hi Peter,
 You may find that her desire for a baby is actually stronger after she arrives in the US.  Especially if she is not in school or working full time.
It seems to be the Filipino culture to have a baby as soon as possible after marriage.
There may be a LOT of pressure from her friends and family, and the Filipino friends in America may add to the pressure also.
As time goes by, the pressures and desires to have children will probably increase, not decrease.
Very rarely do I meet a Filipina that did not have a baby during her first year of marriage. Filipinos seem to be very fertile people that get pregnant very easily and quickly.

Don

Jeff S
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... "hoping" things will change. There's an old truism that goes something like:

Men marry women hoping they don't change - then they do, while women marry men hoping they'll change - then they don't.

As Dr. Laura always says: "You KNEW she(he) was that way and married her(him) anyway? How dumb is that?"

- Jeff

Ray
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter and Maricel update, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 29, 2004

To work legally, she will need to get her EAD and SS Card, in that order. You better figure 3 months to get an EAD (Employment Authorization). You can download the Form I-765 now and get it ready to submit as soon as she arrives. She’ll also need that SSN (or ITIN) so you can file a joint tax return. Also, make sure she gets her I-94 at the POE.

The age difference “usually” isn’t a big deal, unless you have been divorced 2 or 3 times.

Ray

Peter Lee
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter and Maricel up..., posted by Ray on Mar 29, 2004

I will get to work thanks
Peaches
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Peter and Maricel update, posted by Ray on Mar 28, 2004

12 inches and always tied up  to his knee(when it's stretch).

Peter,  Ray is right.  Just tell Maricel to relax and answer  all the
questions wisely. I was just lucky the consul did not ask me any  
questions.  When I went to my appointment  for interview my
medicals were  not yet done so Mr. Velikonja ( as far as i
remember that was the consul's last name)  told me to  go back
once my medical is clear and so I did. I  went back and he just look
my papers and my medical records and approved.

Also, when I got my permanent card  (good for 10years)  there was
no question or interview.  I just recieve a letter from  the INS  telling
me to get my card from the local office here.

Goodluck to you and to Maricel's upcoming interview. I think it's
good to wear formal clothes during the interview.

Peaches

Ray
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ray, here's my answer to #4Q., posted by Peaches on Mar 28, 2004

ROTFLMGDAO!

However, you should always be prepared to back up your claims with photographs for evidence. There is also the chance that your answer would make a male interviewer feel inadequate and a female interviewer jealous, which could jeopardize your chances of getting the visa approved. Maybe a better answer would be something like: “It’s so small that I need a microscope to find it, but I still love him anyway”. They would probably approve you based on sympathy alone :-)

Ray

Peter Lee
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good answer Peaches!, posted by Ray on Mar 28, 2004

Are we talking psychology of the Interviewer or my male pride here?  Pictures?  Ya I could always get them blown up to look BIG just in case.  A scary thought LOL  If it is a female interviewer she might put it in review to review them at home.  A male interview could get jealous and disaprove.  I think it is best to keep the schlong part out of it.  DS 156 don't ask for it so there must be a reason.
Peter Lee
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ray, here's my answer to #4Q., posted by Peaches on Mar 28, 2004

No matter how hard I try the knees can't hold it LOL

Thank you for the formal clothes comment coz Maricel did not want to spend money on shopping if she didn't need it.  I told her to take more money from the ATM and buy some formal clothes and closed shoes not sandles and blue geans at the interview.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: