Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 08, 2024, 04:44:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little clarification.  (Read 11989 times)
shadow
« on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Looks as though I got all the input I expected, give or take a little. Thanx all. Many of you made some good points. Many of you jumped to the conclusion I was searching for a wife. That is an incorrect assumption. At this time I have NO intention of marrying a filipina, or anyone else for that matter. After the deal with Nanette I was simply looking for friends, and trying to see how many of them could really be trusted. The truth of that matter, as my horrible tactics proved to me beyond a doubt, is not many. Many of them will tell you anything they think you want to hear in order to get out of you what they want, or think they want. At least 3/4 of these girls I so horribly "interviewed" I don't believe really knew what they wanted out of life. They just told me what they thought I wanted to hear, whether true or not. That is exactly what I was looking for, how many would tell me anything they thought I wanted to hear. Yes, in that respect they were ALL trick questions. This I don't blame the girls for exclusively, but rather the culture itself. Much of this I think stems from their "eagerness to please". If you ask 3 different people in the streets where a certain place is, they will all point somewhere, often in different directions. If it is someplace they don't know they will still point somewhere, because they don't want to appear "unhelpful". Remember, this is a country where yes can just as easily mean no and it is considered rude to be on time!
For those of you who accused me of being a cheapskate, etc. I gave away over $200 to children in the streets. I bought bags of mangos, oranges, peanuts, and mcdonalds hamburgers and passed them out in areas where there were many homeless. Also I gave P2000 to an old  man in Cagayan De Oro who had no legs, and one arm. I challenge you to do the same on your next trip there.
And last but not least, I actually had a very good time. I did find one good friend, her story is next.  Larry.
cc
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A little clarification., posted by shadow on Mar 28, 2001

Much of this I think stems from their "eagerness to please". If you ask 3 different people in the streets where a certain place is, they will all point somewhere, often in different directions. If it is someplace they don't know they will still point somewhere, because they don't want to appear "unhelpful".

To some extend this is simply Filipino culture and you should accept it as for what it is. I had the exact same experience many times on my travels there - but amazingly, I always arrived in the end where I wanted to! It's not too difficult to discern whether the person "knows" or just wants to "be nice", isn't it.

Most of the girls you met didn't know what they wanted out of life? May I ask, how old were these girls in average? Perhaps you should try to date a little bit older ones...
Do you yourself know EXACTLY what you want to accomplish n the next 10 years or so??? I must admit, I don't - and that includes the question whether I want to marry a Filipina or not...

greg
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I enjoyed reading your trip report. Of course your not a cheapstake, sorry that I didn't know what words to use. I was only trying to say that a person that lost everything couldn't afford to be generous and foolish with what little money they had available. I admit that I really know nothing about your true $$$$$$ situation sooo I apologize. That's great that you helped the homeless, crippled, children, etc. Larry, that show that your heart is good, god bless. What I do is send boxes of clothes, school supplies, toys, candy, etc to the children. I wouldn't want to draw attention to myself by giving out money, etc on the street, it's tooo easy to get robbed or draw the wrong crowd. Take care, :-) greg
shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A little clarification.-Larry Shocked))), posted by greg on Mar 28, 2001

you called me a cheapskate. Maybe nobody did. Maybe I'm on a deathwish, but I have no fear while there. Quite the contrary. I walked in amongst the muslims in Davao, bought every pearl they had with cash, smiled and walked away. Smiley Larry.
Lori
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Shadow, if you were simply looking for friends, why did you seek out only women, and not a few Guys to hang out with while you were there? I think they would have been alot more fun, and less dissapointing.
shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A little clarification., posted by Lori on Mar 28, 2001

and made some great friends, from all parts of the world. That would have been covered in a complete trip report, which I estimate now would have taken weeks, not days.  Smiley  Larry.
Lori
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ahh, but I did, Lori..., posted by shadow on Mar 28, 2001

n/t
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: