Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 07, 2024, 07:32:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summary, part 3  (Read 17853 times)
Zebson
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Goodbye Shadow, posted by Dave H on Mar 29, 2001

I tend to agree with you Dave...But I understand some of what the Larry is dealing with, I think it is more of an evolvement and reactionary perception on his part. It's hard to go back once you have developed a certain mindset, still for an exceptionally good heart and soul like his, it is not impossible to recovery from. The PI has is indeed a mish mash of inconsistancies and changing that it is mind boggeling to even the best cultural anthropologists. Larry is really quite mild in his assesment given is experience with it. I too for one was once an extremely negitive soul toward certain cultures, I could tear any scenerio, person, place down and amputate a culture to pieces, but it was all in reference to what I had known or was familiar with before..and that was the western values, ideals, etc and my prescribed conditioning and definitions of how things should work. Anyway, PI is a whole different ballgame. I don't know just time, hard work and a new love may be the antidotes. The PI and it's people is an intense place to try and sit on any rigid set of definitions for very long without saying Opps wrong about that assesment. It's Dynamic and changing, has been and always will be..and in someways we in the west are intrinsically linked to it's destiny..
Dave H
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Shadows change..., posted by Zebson on Mar 29, 2001

Hi Zebson,

Larry was really crapped on. But, it seems that he went back for more. I would have taken time to reflect (recover)first.

Whenever I  get angry with my ex or Latins in general, I remember how much I love my sons. Half of her, which makes them half Latin.

Dave H.

Jimbo
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Goodbye Shadow, posted by Dave H on Mar 29, 2001

I'll just add:

"right between the eyes like a 2X4" - It's true, but unfortunate, that most of us will try real hard not to see the red flags when we are convinced we may have found the right one.  You can see it in the stories over and over again.

Luck plays a part in this quest, as you've said before.

Good luck to you shadow.  Thanks for your story.  I'm sure it has helped others, as I believe it is an open and honest description of one man's long ordeal in the MOB experience.

Jim

Carrisse
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to actually..., posted by shadow on Mar 29, 2001

I came from a poor family and I worked myself through college.  I'm also proud of the fact that I'm not a gold digger or a green card shark.

Anyway, you've just proved my point.  You are in a quest to prove that all Filipinos -- men and women are bad and we should be ashamed of our heritage.

Well, I'm not.  There are many Myrnas and Nanettes in the PIs.  But there are many more Vilmas, Mays, Vivians, Tess, Nicoles, Migs--I could go on and on.  It is really unfair that you decided to lump all of us with Myrna and Nanette.

Dave H
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to No, you're wrong, posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

go on and on...

Carrisse,

Don't forget my fiancee Marife and her sister Cheryl. I am proud to be a part of their family. Two humble women from a poor family. They don't need to go looking for gold. Their hearts are full of it.

Dave H.

Jimbo
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Please do..., posted by Dave H on Mar 29, 2001

..the lovely and gracious Sally, even though she DOES tampo Shocked)

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey! I've got to add..., posted by Jimbo on Mar 29, 2001

...sorry Sally. I thought your name was there already.

Jim, what do you mean that Sally tampos? Are you sure...I never noticed. ;o))

Dave H.

Carrisse
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Please do..., posted by Dave H on Mar 29, 2001

Lori and Judy--two honorary Pinays.  There is also Cristina.

Thanks Dave and I'm glad you've found Marife. If she's in one of her tampo moods, email me and I have a potion that you can use!

kevin
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes...and also, posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

that's dispersed into the surrounding air?  Perhaps methane? Laughing gas should lift someone out of a tampo.   Not the liquid kind to be rubbed on the skin.

- Kevin

Dave H
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes...and also, posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

Hi Carrisse,

Thanks, but Marife doesn't tampo. She is very up front for a Filipina. She likes to get to the facts and straighten things out right away. She always wanted to be a lawyer...she would have been good at it. ;o) If she ever  does tampo...I will call you 911. ;o))

Dave H.

Jay
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks!, posted by Dave H on Mar 29, 2001

Hi Dave,

Your lucky like me. Criselda has never had a tampo either. Thank God!
Even though, she didn't make it on Carrisse's list. Wink

Jay

Dave H
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Thanks!, posted by Jay on Mar 29, 2001

Jay,

You are right...we are both very lucky. Shocked))

Criselda should be the President of the Filipina Club! She has to deal with some guy named Airwolf. LOL

I have to go to your site and see the new pictures. I can't wait to see "blimpwolf." ROFLMAO

Dave H.

kevin
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Add another to the list..., posted by Dave H on Mar 29, 2001

Kapow!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: