Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:01:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reality, and a question for the Filipinos...  (Read 15953 times)
Febtember
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't get paranoid, Raquel, posted by Jeff S on Dec 15, 2003

Jeff,
Your very much right.I got OCD obsessive compulsive disorder.Maybe the one that cause this is too much listening to my husband horror crime story.When we go to any big city we always avoid bad neighborhood.And every night we park our  one pick-up truck outside leave the key  so if in case a bad guy happen to pass by he just take the truck and leave our place than harm us here. So far our truck still here. The only thing we keep missing is our ducks.We got 26 ducks and now were down to one.They disappear on us without leaving any tracks.I'm glad we live in a very safe place but not safe for the ducks.I wish I'm close to where Peter Lee karate school so I can learn karate for self defense.Raquel
Peter Lee
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Don't get paranoid, Raquel, posted by Febtember on Dec 15, 2003

Raquel about the ducks, well I have a sad story about that.  One of my rental guys left overnight to run away so he didn’t have to pay rent.   But he left behind a Duck who was raised in the closet.   I adopted the duck took him home and called her Quacker.   Well Quacker didn’t know what she was and she was so lovable.   I put her in our swimming pool and for the first time she found out why she had webbed feet.  She swam and dove in the water for the first time in her life.   We fed her the best food and she would thank us by laying eggs at least one per day.   The eggs were better than chicken eggs and fresh.   Quacker wanted to live with us in the house but my Mom who I shared the house with at the time said she has to sleep outside like ducks do.   Quacker was very nervous about sleeping outdoors and I built a little dog house for her.   Next day Quacker was gone, blood and feathers in the little house.   Raccoons got to Quacker, killed and ate her up.   I didn’t think I could cry over a stupid duck but I did.  I blame myself for not protecting her better and I should have known about the raccoons.   So maybe Raquel you have thieves that are not humans who are having duck dinner at night.   Ducks keep safe in the wild by flying away and going into the water.   I have to say I miss Quacker and her blue eyes and still feel her thanking me for the few months she had that she knew she was a duck.
Peter Lee
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Don't get paranoid, Raquel, posted by Febtember on Dec 15, 2003

Hi Raquel,
Daytona Beach is a strange place for safety.  Because it is a resort lots of criminals have been caught here.  I tell my wife Maricel who is still in Banservil Kapatagan in Mindanao that it is like a big Boracay in the Philippines and criminals can hide in a nice warm place among tourists.  
Here is a past newspaper article from my wife’s home town.
The following day, August 8, residents in Barangay Bansarvil 2 of SND heard reports that there were two corpses found in their barangay. These were delivered to a military detachment of the 67 Infantry Battalion under the Army’s 401st Infantry Brigade operating in Lanao del Norte.
The soldiers of the 67th IB did not accept the bodies so a captain from the Army’s division in Zamboanga went to the office of the municipal mayor Motalib Dimaporo,” said Orquillas, who was with other members of non-governmental organizations in Lanao, during the fact-finding.
So, crime is very low here, criminals if they come to hide here keep quiet spend money and keep a low profile LOL.  My house has no fences, my sailboat is not locked up but we still don't keep the keys in the cars at night, I feel that is not a good idea.  What I do is put the alarm on the car so if someone tries to break in the alarm will sound and give me time to get my Samurai sword ready LOL.  
My rental and Karate school has a fence but the reason is so there is just one entrance so I know who is coming and going.   I have problems with mice coming on my sail boat and chewing things up including electrical wires they eat anything including tooth paste.   I have tried everything but they keep on breaking in without my permission.   I have asked my police friends and they said that it is a personal problem LOL.  Anyone have any ideas? I tried traps the poison food and that sticky stuff if they get on it get stuck but the mice seem to outsmart me each time and play with the toilet paper and crap all over my little kitchen on the boat.    
Although we lock the doors and garage at night all the screen windows are open when the weather permits it.  I noticed that most front doors here have glass so you can see who it is at the door.   That makes locks useless coz all they have to do is break a little glass and open the door.   So it seems that locks are to keep out salesmen family and friends or people surprising you coming without notice.   My sister who lives about 45 minutes away is in the country and when she leaves the house never locks it.   Neighbors next door on each side look out for each other.  Most crimes here in Daytona are internal or people who had been working for someone and later come back to steal.   I have a hand gun but it is in my vault at my business and I never had a time when I had to use it.  I would not teach Maricel how to use it coz in our situation it would probably do more harm that good.   My idea of a hand gun is if you show it you have to use it.   Yes I read in the paper of home invasion but it is rare here and the population for news of bad things happening is much larger than in the Philippines.  My Christian fundamentalist friend a mile from my house has a hand gun he carries around on his property.   I don’t agree with what he does but that’s what this country is all about, he has the right to do so.  
Daytona is warmer than most Northern States a lot of homeless come here for the warm weather coz they can sleep outdoors without paying rent.  Most of the homeless get government money for one reason or the other.  They take the money for alcohol or drugs and get free food stamps to get food.  If they are sick they get free treatment at the local Hospital with out insurance.  
My Martial Arts School is located in the center of town and there are more homeless there than anyplace in town especially at night.   When it gets cold they look for places to sleep and sometimes they chose my place.   I call the police and they arrest them and I don’t want them on my property but I feel sorry for them coz they live in the greatest country in the world and they can be whatever they want.   I have about 20 people rent from me here and I have TV cameras recording there comings and goings.   The rental people want to feel secure and I try to keep it that way.  Most of any problems I have are from people living here and the friends they bring.   On weekends they may drink a little and once in a while make some noise and cause a disturbance that I take care of right away.   My Martial Arts training helps most with me having posture and looking authorative.   But I walk softly and carry a big stick type of philosophy.   Bikes that are not locked get stolen on a regular bases around my rentals if they are not locked up.   But in my house just 5 miles away you can keep a bike in front of the house and never have it touched.  
One thing no one has talked about is Crack Cocaine.  This is so bad that when someone is on it they will do anything to keep high.  Most of our local crimes are from that and anything not bolted down will be stolen for a $5 hit.  But Raquel your husband sounds like he knows what he is doing and he knows his situation more than anyone.  I wouldn’t want a nervous Filipina pointing a rifle at me LOL.   But ask him about leaving the keys in the truck I have never heard of doing that for safety.  I will send you my cd on self defense as promised so you can practice with your hubby.  Just don’t hurt him ok LOL.  
equitis
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Reality, and a question for the Filipino..., posted by don2222 on Dec 14, 2003

Hello Don,
      Thinking  about America  while  living  in the  Philippines?Well  I think  theres a  lot  of  diferrences,In  terms  of jobs,opportunities,type  of  living,big  value of money,foods,weathers,society,language, people.But now Im  here  already  in  America  my  thoughts  was  changedbased  on  my experienced  and observation  thats  there   still  in  common,The only main  problems  is   corruption  thats  why many  Filipino  people  living  abroad  in  many  places  or  in  America to  work  and  earned  for  thier  families.In  terms  of  corruptions,I  think  here   are  not obviously than  the  Philippines.In terms  also  of  high   technology  are   very  similar.Here's  crime  are  not obviously.But  in  the  Philippines  very obvious,you  can read  everyday  in  newspaper plenty  of  crimes.Thats  why I  think  living  in Philippines  and  America  has  no   in  common.The  only  thing  we  need  to  do  are  work  hard,responsible  in  everything,be good,Because  ur   success  or  ur  future  is in  your  hands............Godbless  and  Have a  good   day.
                                    Thanks,
                                      Joy
don2222
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to From Joy., posted by equitis on Dec 15, 2003

Hi Joy,
 Welcome to America, and thanks for your reply.
The crime in America is just as bad, if not worse, IMHO.
If you read the paper in America you will read about plenty of crimes.
And, you are right, there is less obvious corruption in America.

Take Care !

Don

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: