Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny story  (Read 7358 times)
Bear
« on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I saw this story on another site and thought I'd repost it here.

This story is true and it goes way back to the late 80's when a freind of mine was stationed at Subic Bay. He met and married a filipina from the province of Bataan who was one of the most innocent and sweet girls I've ever met from the islands. He petitioned her and brought her to the United States.

When she arrived in the US, my freind was stationed at Moffet Field in the heart of Silicon Valley, CA. She was quite overwhelmed with the "big city" but seemed to adjust rather quickly. After about three weeks of "adjustment", my freind took his wife to the supermarket to shop on her own for the first time while he ran other arrons. He proceeded to pick her up with the groceries she had purchased and went home.

Later that day, she prepared his dinner. My freind said she prepared something that looked like fried hamburger patties. He said they tasted ok. But, he thought they were a little on the "creamy" side, more like fried mashed potatoes than meat. When he asked his innocent bride what these fried patties were, she promptly replied, "They're dog food"!!!

Turns out, when she was shopping, she was in the pet food section. She'd never seen pet food before and assumed that dog food was canned dog! She said she was surprised to know that kano's ate dog when she saw the Skippy cans. But, she was even more surprised when she thought we ate cat! She just assumed that we ate dog like she did in the province and thought it was for human consumption!

After we all laughed at my freinds story, she told the story in her
words, and it got even funnier! She chose the dog food by the picture on the can. She saw poodles and beagles but settled on the can that had a German Shepard on the lable because she said the dog looked like it would taste better!

I rolled on the floor laughing like I've never done before in my life! Like I said the girl was so innocent and sweet, it just made it all the more funnier! I hope others who read this see the same humor I did!

Those are the moments that make the filipina so beautiful!

Jeff S
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Funny story, posted by Bear on Dec 17, 2003

After all, a can of tuna has a picture of a tuna on it, a can of salmon, clams, ets.... Only thing is I'd have picked the  beagle variety. To me, they look a lot tastier than German Shepards.

- Jeff

Bob S
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It only makes sense...., posted by Jeff S on Dec 18, 2003

...what's in the jar with the baby's picture on it.
\:-)
Ray
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Makes you wonder..., posted by Bob S on Dec 22, 2003

:-)
Dave H
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Bear,

Too funny! A very wealthy, but quite crazy, lady I know once asked me to buy her several cases of Whiskas canned cat food. I thought nothing of it since she had plenty of cats. I dropped it off and a few days later she came outside to thank me. She was very excited that one case was Seaside Supper and said it was their favorite. Then I caught a wif of her breath and almost tossed my cookies! 8oQ

Dave H.

Esiang
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Oh Boy so fun....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: