Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:12:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To Nancy  (Read 13662 times)
Esiang
« on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Guwapa,
        What month are you gonna be back home in Surigao?
I am set to go for April for 3 weeks.
Can't wait anymore for those days to come where I could just relax and enjoy the sun .....

And then kaonon ko tanan fresh isda he.he..he...
If your still there in April maybe we could have a chance to meet ahee..he...mga Surigaonon.
        Juz curious to meet anyone from this board especially Surigaonon......

Have a safe trip.....

Esiang

Nanz
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to To Nancy, posted by Esiang on Dec 17, 2003

My trip will be cancelled till April of 2005, because hubby wants to come visit with Marianne and me. We will visit after his deployment.

I can't wait either, pero pakilooy ang isa nga dungan nalang daw mi. He misses the Philippines too!!!

Good that you can finally visit your family back home. Sayang unta para kita ta didto with Tess. Ok, you and Tess enjoy and have fun and eat a lot of fresh fish for me. :-)
Ikumusta nalang ko sa mga taga Surigao.

Take care and happy holiday

Nancy

Esiang
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: To Nancy, posted by Nanz on Dec 18, 2003

Pagkalooy dili makauli (joke lang).....Di bale mas gana ng naa kay kauban magbiyahe.
O'siya regards kita tanan Surigaonon....

Maybe next time hopefully, it would be nice to see everybody else here from Surigao like Ray,Kreger yun kung nagkataon bibo siguro.he..he.. guess lang.

Have a Sweet Holidays......

Esiang

Stephen
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: To Nancy, posted by Nanz on Dec 18, 2003

for you Nanz...ug sinugba nga isda. HAY......
Ray
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I will eat lots of Kinilaw...tess, posted by Stephen on Dec 18, 2003

[This message has been edited by Ray]

OOPS! (Butete)

But if you do, make sure you drink tuba with it… :-)

-----
Sun Star Davao
Friday, December 19, 2003
Man dead, 9 hospitalized from 'butete' poisoning

* Some residents say it's not their first time to eat puffer fish, locally
known as butete
* Victims say they might have eaten a different variety of puffer fish

A MAN died while five of his children, three nephews and one neighbor are undergoing treatment because of food poisoning Wednesday night.

Felix Masangya Sr., 44, of Sitio Lawis, Barangay Lizada, Toril, Davao died after eating puffer fish, a variety of fish locally known as butete. Butete is a poisonous variety of fish popular among fish vendors because it is cheap. The fish has to be skinned and cleaned well to make it edible.

Treated at the Davao Medical Center (DMC) are: Jesus, 14; Junard, 6; Raymond, 16; Rey, 12; Gwendolyn, 11; Christine Joy, 5; Felix Jr., 8; and Jonathan Masangya, 2.

The family's neighbor was identified as Guillermo Sarona, 30.

Gina Masangya, the victim's sister, said the family ate the fish for supper. Shortly, the victims started to feel stomach pains.

Gina said Felix vomited first and was brought to DMC. He died along the way.

Other victims also complained of stomach pains and started vomiting.

Gina said their brother Leonardo was unharmed since he drank a shot of coconut wine after eating the fish. Leonardo cooked the fish.

Sarah Jane Masangya, 15, said she and her one-year-old sister did not eat the fish. Her mother, too, also did not eat the fish.

"Wala kakaon si mama kay namaligya man siya og isda. Wala pud ko nikaon ug
akong manghod nga si Ma. Kristina (My mom was out selling fish and my younger sister also did not eat the fish)," she said.

Gina said this was not the first time residents in the area ate that variety of fish.

"Sige na man na sila og kaon anang butete kay naa man daw kuhaon ana pagluto aron di makahilo. Pero naay nagsulti nga mora'g lahi gyud daw to nga klase sa butete ang nakaon nila gabi-i kay dagko man to (They just remove part of the fish that is poisonous. But some say they ate a different variety since it was too big)," she said.

Gina said residents in the area are now hesitant to eat any variety of butete.
-----

Nanz
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I will eat lots of Kinilaw...tess, posted by Stephen on Dec 18, 2003

Smiley
Stephen
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to To Nancy, posted by Esiang on Dec 17, 2003

how about a get together?
Esiang
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'll be in Butuan City in April.....Tess, posted by Stephen on Dec 17, 2003

Sure..but which one is our meeting place Butuan or Surigao?
It's ok for me if Butuan, Is Butuan City as big as Cagayan De Oro City?
Stephen
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I'll be in Butuan City in April........, posted by Esiang on Dec 17, 2003

Butuan City is improving. They have a Gaisano Mall already. But you can't compare it with Cagayan de Oro. Gamay kaayo ang Butuan.   I haven't been to Surigao City in a long time basig mawala ko so I think I would prefer Butuan City. I don't have my ticket yet so we can't finalize when to meet. I'll get my ticket in January. I'll keep you posted.  

Tess

Esiang
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I'll be in Butuan City in April...., posted by Stephen on Dec 18, 2003

Mao lang gihapon kagamay ang Surigao City he..he...
just a little improvements and tourism starting to boost surrounding the Surigao Islands.
Ok, I'll wait for your next post in Jan.

Have a Merry Holidays!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: