Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 01:23:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 3 stooges  (Read 19349 times)
Jay
« on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Here's  a pic that feltt I needed to post again. For those who didn't see it. Please disregard my stupid pilot pic's as we have all seen them before. However the pic of Jim's wife Sally, and Criselda is a good one to see again.

So here is the "3 stooges". In order; Me, Dave(with the real McCoy "purple G-string"), and Jim, aka Jimbo.

Jay
http://groups.msn.com/jaySk/shoebox.msnw

Peaches
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The 3 stooges, posted by Jay on Dec 17, 2003

Finally I see Dave's puple G-string he he he.

regards and merry x mas to all.

peaches

Jay
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to nice pics, posted by Peaches on Dec 18, 2003

Hi Peaches!,

Dave look's pretty hot when he puts on that G-string. He just don't dance too good, though! LOL!

Merry Christmas to you as well.

Looks like we may have a terror attack around Christmas. Let's hope not. They pull anything like that (9/11) again in this country and I swear, I'll put an Airbus A320 right into Mecca during the Haj pilgrimage.;-)

Take Care,
Jay

Peaches
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: nice pics, posted by Jay on Dec 21, 2003

let's just hope and pray that there will be no terrorist attack.

have a nice holiday.

peaches

Stephen
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to nice pics, posted by Peaches on Dec 18, 2003

Have you moved to Colorado yet?

Tess and I would like to vacation in Colorado sometime.  Perhaps we could meet for lunch/Dinner.

Keep us posted.

Stephen & Tess

Peaches
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey, Peaches...., posted by Stephen on Dec 18, 2003

no moving yet!
lunch/dinner sounds good.....i'll keep u posted whenever.

Merry Xmas na lang diha.

peaches

Dave H
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Captain Jay,

How's it going? I've been working out so I think the purple thing fits again. ;o))) We are going to have to get together and do it again! Maybe in the Philippines. Shocked)))  

Dave H.

Jay
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to That's It Alright!, posted by Dave H on Dec 17, 2003

Hi Dave,

The Philippines sounds good to me. Matter of fact, I'm seriously considering a move there permanently. Soon. Criselda and I, that is. I've just about had enough of pretending to be a normal citizen here. Need to go home. We'll see what happens.

Give me a call sometime, please, at your convienence.

Take Care my friend,
Jay

Windmill Boy
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

thanks Jay

I missed it the first time  around because your web page was overloaded with visits before.

Windy

Jay
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The 3 stooges, posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 17, 2003

Hi Windy,

Your Welcome. Glad you finaly got to see the pic. I want to wish you the very best on your up comming trip. China, huh? You got more of an adventerous spirit than me! Smiley Looking forward to the trip reports. Take LOTS of PICTURES. For Stephen, of course. LOL!

Really though, the best of luck. Your a good guy Windy, you deserve it.

All the best,
Jay

Ray
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

You're right, the one of the girls is much better than the 3 stooges.

How's the instrument training coming along? I thought this might be of help so I saved it for you:

-----
Instrument Flying

Most people wish to fly on the old gauges at one time or another but are prevented by the high cost of the instruments necessary for this form of flight. The following is a more or less known and extremely simple method which may be used by all.

Place a live cat on the cockpit floor, because a cat always remains upright, he or she can be used in lieu of a needle and ball instrument. Merely watch to see which way he leans to determine if a wing is low and if so, which one. This will enable you to keep your aircraft level in route with complete accuracy and confidence.

A duck is used for final instrument approach and landing, because of the fact that any sensible old duck will refuse to fly under instrument conditions, it is only necessary to hurl your duck out of the cockpit window and follow her to the ground.

There are some limitations on the cat and duck method, but by rigidly adhering to the following check list a degree of success will be achieved which will not only startle you, but will astonish your passengers as well, and may have an occasional tower operator with an open mouth.

** Get a wide-awake cat, most cats do not want to stand up all the time, so it may be necessary to carry a fierce dog along to keep the cat at attention.

** Make sure your cat is clean, dirty cats will spend all the time washing. Trying to follow a washing cat usually results in a slow roll followed by an inverted spin. You will see that this is most unprofessional.

** Old cats are the best, young cats have nine lives, but an old used up cat with only one life left has just as much to loose and will be more dependable.

** Avoid stray cats. Try to get one with good character because you may want to spend time with her.

** Beware of cowardly ducks, if the duck discovers that you are using the cat to stay upright, she will refuse to leave the airplane without the cat. Ducks are no better on instruments than you are.

** Get a duck with good eyes. Near sighted ducks sometimes fail to recognize that they are on the old gauges and will go flogging into the nearest hill. Very near sighted ducks will not realize that they have been thrown out and will descend to the ground in a sitting position. This is a most difficult maneuver to follow in an airplane.

** Choose your duck carefully, it is easy to confuse ducks with geese. Many large birds look alike. While they are very competent instrument flyers, geese seldom want to go in the same direction that you do. If your duck seems to be taking a heading to Ireland or Sweden, you may be safe in assuming that someone has given you a goose.
-----

Happy Flying,

Ray

Jay
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Jay, posted by Ray on Dec 17, 2003

Hi Ray,

LMMFAOTIPINP!!! Last thing I need in the cockpit is a cat or dog. I'm worried someday a bee will be in there (which happens quite often). I think I would have to jump out, as Bee's are one of my biggest fears.;-)

I cut and pasted your article on an aviation board, mostly airline pilots there, and they loved it!

Here's an interesting thing about instrument flying, this is why it's so important to learn, even just to fly for fun;

"178 Seconds to Live"

How long can a pilot who has little or no instrument training expect to live after he flies into bad weather and loses visual contact?

Researchers at the University of Illinois did some tests and came up with some very interesting data. Twenty student "guinea pigs" flew into simulated instrument weather, and all went into graveyard spirals or roller coasters. The outcome differed in only one respect - the time required until control was lost. The interval ranged from 480 seconds to 20 seconds. The average time was 178 seconds -- two seconds short of three minutes.

Here's the fatal scenario...

The sky is overcast and the visibility is poor. That reported five mile visibility looks more like two, and you can't judge the height of the overcast. Your altimeter tells you that you are at 1500 feet but your map tells you that there's local terrain as high as 1200 feet. There might be a tower nearby because you're not sure how far off course you are. But you've flown into worse weather than this, so press on.

You find yourself unconsciously easing back just a bit on the controls to clear those towers. With no warning, you're in the soup. You peer so hard into the milky white mist that your eyes hurt. You fight the feeling in your stomach. You try to swallow, only to find your mouth dry. Now you realize you should have waited for better weather. The appointment was important, but not all that important. Somewhere a voice is saying, "You've had it -- it's all over!"

You now have 178 seconds to live...

Your aircraft feels on even keel but your compass turns slowly. You push a little rudder and add a little pressure on the controls to stop the turn but this feels unnatural and you return the controls to their original position. This feels better but now your compass is turning a little faster and your airspeed is increasing slightly. You scan your instruments for help but what you see looks somewhat unfamiliar. You're sure that this is just a bad spot. You'll break out in a few minutes. (But you don't have a few minutes left. . .)

You now have 100 seconds to live...

You glance at your altimeter and you are shocked to see it unwinding. You're already down to 1200 feet. Instinctively, you pull back on the controls but the altimeter still unwinds. The engine is into the red and the airspeed, nearly so.

You now have 45 seconds to live...

Now you're sweating and shaking. There must be something wrong with the controls; pulling back only moves the airspeed indicator further into the red. You can hear the wind tearing at the aircraft.

You are about to meet your Maker; you now have 10 seconds to live...

Suddenly you see the ground. The trees rush up at you. You can see the horizon if you turn your head far enough but it's at a weird angle -- you're almost inverted. You open your mouth to scream but. . .

...you just ran out of seconds.

Think about this before you press on into marginal weather.

Personaly I like instrument flying . I'm not too shabby at it either. :-)

JFK Jr. hit the water at 4,000 feet per minute. I doubt they even realized they were in a dive. Probably still having a conversation like nothing was happening. Only it was the darkness that killed him. No horizon. Same priciple as being in a cloud layer though. Spatial disorientation. He had 300 hours of instrument time as well. That's alot. He just made a bad decision that evening. It happens, even to 10,000+ hour pilots. He shouldn't have done that flight. That's part of being PIC (Pilot in Command). Knowing when to cancel if necessary, after studying the enroute weather, moon (if night), etc. That's why the FAA determined pilot error in JFK's case. I've canceled flights myself on a few occasions with no regrets.

Take Care,
Jay

Febtember
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Jay, posted by Ray on Dec 17, 2003

I never thought that pilot  can use cat and duck as flying instrument LOL.This is my favorite post of you Ray.Raquel
Carr
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

...finally saw what Kuya Dabe looks like. Would be nicer if he is wearing that G-string.  You guys look great.
Jay
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Jay, thanks for the picture..., posted by Carr on Dec 17, 2003

HI Carr !!!,

Thanks for the compliment on the pic. That pic doesn't do Dave justice. The pic of him on Jeffs site holding the golden ax is more like it. I'm actualy uglier than that pic shows. Can't see my freckels or  scars, except that red mark on my head. ;-) Jimbo looks good in the pic though.

I was just wondering the other day how you've been. Didn't see a post from you for a long time. Glad I could help bring you out of hiding! LOL! Believe it or not, your one of my favorite people on these boards. :-)

Take Care,
Jay

PS- just read your profile. Did you just write that recently? I never saw it before. Anyway, well written! Nice read.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: