Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:00:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Certificate, Etc.  (Read 4229 times)
JJ27
« on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I'm trying to gather everything that I'll need for
my fiance's interview, once everything is approved.

I'm going back to the Phils early next year, since
I can run my business from practically anywhere, I'd
much rather be spending time with my sweet filipina.
I want to have everything ready, just in case the
process begins while I'm still over there with her.

How do I go about getting a police certificate? She
was in Taiwan working for about 6 months. Do I need
to contact the U.S. embassy in that country? How
exactly does that work.. and long does it take?

I've got the 3 years of tax returns for self employment,
but what else is required in Manila? Thanks in advance!

BTW, Merry Christmas to everyone. Smiley

Ray
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Police Certificate, Etc., posted by JJ27 on Dec 22, 2003

“About” 6 months? Did you ever get a copy of her passport so you could verify the dates she was out of the country? You will need exact dates. Anything over 6 months will require a police certificate for a K-1. St Luke’s Extension Clinic is supposed to have the info on how to obtain a police certificate so you will need to contact them directly. I wouldn’t wait any longer to take care of this! Were you ever able to obtain the address where she lived overseas and the name of her employer?

She will need to submit your Form I-134 Affidavit of Support with copies of your COMPLETE tax returns and evidence of income. The I-134 must be notarized, but by either a U.S. Notary Public or a U.S. consular official; DO NOT have it notarized by a Philippine notary.

When she goes in for the interview, she should have original certified copies of any document photocopies you submitted with your petition, including COMPLETE copies of any divorce decrees. She will also need to submit evidence of your meeting in person within 2 years before you filed and evidence of a genuine engagement.

She should have her NSO certified birth certificate by now. Make sure she checks it carefully for any errors. She should also have her passport and NBI clearance. I also recommend that you request a CENOMAR from NSO and have her obtain a recent official copy of her baptismal certificate.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: