Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 04:19:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for everybody  (Read 5911 times)
Robian
« on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

My fiancee and I plans to get married by next
year. Im just curious if its possible here in the
philippines, for us to be wed on a catholic church
if he's divorced? Any kind of help would be
appreciated. Yan
Ray
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question for everybody, posted by Robian on Dec 22, 2003

Yan,

Yes, it’s possible, but it depends on whether or not he is Catholic, if he was married in the church before, and the policies of your local bishop and parish. I would recommend that you first talk with your parish priest and see what he thinks.

I was divorced also, but was able to marry in a traditional wedding in the Catholic church in Surigao. There are several others on this forum who were divorced and then married in the Catholic Church in the Phils.

Ray

Robian
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Question for everybody, posted by Ray on Dec 22, 2003

hi Ray!
I will do as what you told me. I wish its possible here in Cebu also. I have friends and a realative who are priest, maybe they could help me too. I really want to be married in the church. But he is not a catholic and if Im right, it would be okay as long as it's his free will to marry me in a catholic church. Thanks a lot...
yan
shadow
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re:  Question for everybody, posted by Robian on Dec 22, 2003

Unless your friends and relative are willing to help, you will have a very hard time completing this.

Good luck!

Larry in Dumaguete.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: