Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 11:23:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Kevin..  (Read 17487 times)
Carrisse
« on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I just want to answer some of the points that you raised in your posts:

1. Qoute: "To highlight a point, in Philippine society, the Kano male, is in subtle ways, treated less than human (on the surface he appears to be treated well), in much the same manner a Filipina in Japan is regarded as less than human by Japanese society when it comes to the delivery of justice." Unquote

So, where did you get this piece of cow-dung?  Have you been to the PI long enough to experience this?  Have you read the reams and reams of report detailing  the Kanos human-rights abuses against the Pinoys when the bases were there but we could not prosecute because of their God-like status--read diplomatic immunity?  The victims felt like they are second class citizens in their own country.

2.Qoute:" It seems that the "gypsy fever" as it might be described has become ever more pervasive in the Philippines." Unquote

Be careful of branding our people and using that derogatory term.

I have nothing against you Kevin, in fact you are one the many here who make my stay here on the board enjoyable with your f a r t humor.  But, like Larry, you need to let the healing process begin.  For the sake of Analyn and  yours, please forgive your ex-wife and move on.  Otherwise, with that mindset you are setting up any woman to fail.

don2222
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to For Kevin.., posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

Hi Carrisse,
 My observation in the PI is that many times Filipinos
will treat foreigners with much more respect than they
treat fellow Filipinos.  
It was something that I did not always understand, but many
times felt.  If you agree, do you have an explanation for it?

Thanks,

Don

Carrisse
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For Carrisse, posted by don2222 on Mar 29, 2001

And another way of putting our best foot forward.
rgg
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Asian hospitality at work, posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

Local guests, like foreigners, are treated well in any Filipino household.  We serve them food in our best chinaware, give up a room, take time to show them around, etc. sometimes at the expense of other members of the household.  This kind of treatment has been pass on from generations to generations.  Our thinking is that these guests come only once in a while and as Carrisse said, "...a way of putting our best foot forward..."

rgg

humabdos
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Filipino hospitality at work, posted by rgg on Mar 29, 2001

I have been treated very well while in the philippines by most people and always offered the best food or bed ect.. but when buying something or finding out the right price good luck! Like the taxi driver agreeing to take me some place for P100 then when you get there he demands P300!~  What did I do? I threw the P100 at him and got out what else! lol I recommend to people who have never been the the Philippines to get the lonely planet travel book for Philippines and read it cover to cover! The old Philippines hand book by Harper & fullerton(get the 2nd edition if you can still find it) is very good with lots of detailed info  on History,people,fauna,ethnic groups ect... The stuff I learned in just those two books saved loads of trouble!  I knew about yes means no sometimes and the saving face thing. I would ask five or ten people sometimes and then pool there replies and get a genaral consences of where IT was or what IT cost when IT left. It seemed to work ok. I always had fun and enjoyed my self. Even after four months I wasn't ready to leave and couldn't wait to get back. Humabdos loves the philippines and filipinas too! ;-)  *s*  Humabdos

Sorry for my bad spelling ! someday I'll learn how to spell check my posts lol!

Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For Carrisse, posted by don2222 on Mar 29, 2001

I notice in other countries in Asia, too, the foreigners are treated very well well. Much better than we Americans treat guests IMHO.
Jay
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to For Kevin.., posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

Carrisse,

HUMAN RIGHT’S  ABUSES AGAINST PINOY’S while the bases were there?HuhHuh Where did YOU get THAT piece of cow-dung? Nationalistic propaganda?  What diplomatic immunity? Did you know, that any U.S. military personel charged w/ a crime against a Filipino national, were held in the RP on “International hold” while the case went through the court’s there?

Please defend the honor and integrity of Pinay’s if you want,  Lord know’s some of these guy’s could use your help. However, pls. Don’t go making untrue statement’s against US.

BTW, only diplomat’s have diplomatic immunity, hence the name.

Jay

Carrisse
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For Kevin.., posted by Jay on Mar 29, 2001

I am not defending ALL Filipinas.  Just those who are unfairly lumped with the bad ones.

Carrisse
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For Kevin.., posted by Jay on Mar 29, 2001

See, I too have my blinders on.  There are lots of reports about abuses of US personnel against Filipinos.  Please do not think that just because they were not reported in print or media, that they didn't happen.

My point is, if we are to go around throwing mud at each other we certainly can throw mud for mud.  I am just tired of the way some here are labeling the Filipinas because of a few bad ones.

Jay
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes, they happened..., posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

not  “human right’s abuses”. That’s a heavy word.  “Some report’s” add up to nothing.  Incident’s between  the U.S. military and Filipino’s happened on both end’s., but nobody abused anybody’s “human right’s”.

I don’t pay a lot of attention to print and media on most subject’s. Especially this one, I don’t have to.
After returning to Clark Air Base in ’93, after the base had shut down, and 11 year’s since I was stationed there in the USAF, the most interesting thing was the comment’s of the local people.. The recurrent  theme of everyone’s (sari-sari store owner’s, shop owner’s, regular Pampangan’s etc.), was how safe thing’s had been when the bases were open, because if anyone tried to rob or hurt someone, the “G.I.”’s would always’s be there to stop it. They also were all broke. This is what people there told ME. Their word’s, not mine.  So, I guess we’ll just agree to disagree about this point, if you like. I would.

If we all have blinder’s on, then I have blinder’s on my blinder’s. LOL!  That’s because I’m an American who grew up there. I’m really screwed up! Smiley I have the worst case of “manana habit’s” (“Philippine time” to some), I say yes by raising my eyebrow’s, I point with my lip’s, yet I talk w/ a Texas accent, don’t like fish, and could use a little more Pinoy tact.

I certainly don’t want to go around throwing mud.  Not me. I’m the guy with a U.S. AND Philippine flag hanging in my house, remember? Smiley I agree with you about some guy’s labeling  Filipina’s because of a few bad one’s. Most of these guy’s like that are thinking too much. Their trying to disect Filipina’s, like bug’s under a microscope, and you can’t.  The more I know about Filipina’s, the less I know about Filipina’s! Wink

Jay

Jimbo
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to No, they didn't, posted by Jay on Mar 29, 2001

Thanks Jay,

I've been trying to figure out my wife but I'm not making much progress.  I'm happy, I know that, but why is she still a mystery to me after 20 months of marriage??!  The microscope was going to be next because I don't give up easily, but now you've set me straight... I'm going to stop thinking about it and just enjoy it!  LOL!

Jim

Jay
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to That's it --- I'm thinking too much !, posted by Jimbo on Mar 29, 2001

Hi Jim,

LOL! That’s the hard part, trying to stop trying to figure them out. It’s been 6+ year’s and I’m just now starting to stop trying to figure out my wife. At least she’s lucky, she gave up quick trying to figure me out. ; Funny thing is…..now she know’s me like a book. Can’t get anything past her! The only person I can’t fool. How DO they do that?  If it hasn’t happened to you yet in 20 month’s, it will.

So good, yes, take my advice and stop trying to figure her out NOW. Relax and just enjoy it.
You can take my word for it, it’ll drive you nut’s, but, “IT’S UP TO YOU”!  LOL!

My biggest problem now that I stopped trying to figure out Criselda is, April. Ever tried to figure out a Filipina teenager?!?! A double wammy!

Teenager + Filipina=  the sweet, gentle, fun loving, kind, all of a sudden me and Mama are not cool,  Brittany Spear's lovin', boy wantin', tampo for no reason havin’, too cool, Antichrist! Holy Cripes! LOL!

Jay

Jeff S
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to That's it --- I'm thinking too much !, posted by Jimbo on Mar 29, 2001

Get used to it. I just had my 15 anniversary and an still enjoying the mystery!
-- Jeff S.
Jimbo
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good idea, Jim, posted by Jeff S on Mar 29, 2001

..let's see if Dave knows who sang that one Shocked)

Jim

Jimbo
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to singing: "She's Still A Mystery to ..., posted by Jimbo on Mar 29, 2001

And I chanced to meet her in my scufflin days,
She's a lady,
Hypnotized me there that day,
I came to play in my usual way - heeeey,

....aaahh, but not appropriate, this one was about a lady who changed her mind...

Jim

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: