Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 09:29:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: philipinnes time?  (Read 11022 times)
outwest
« on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Not having ever gone to the phils yet, (now i am getting a little
bit scared after shadows posts) Shocked), I am curious to Carisse your
reference to this phils time, It seems same as much of latin
america, mexico, south america etc,
    The only question I have is, if an airline is involved,
as in Shadows case, does that phils time still apply, should
not the airline and travel agencies be more accurate, or at
least tell you that , we should add an hour to the figures they
are giving to us...Shocked)
   Bear In mind I have never yet been to the phils, so be gentle
with me  Shocked)
may10
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to philipinnes time?, posted by outwest on Mar 29, 2001

Ever heard of PAL...Philippine Airlines....however, for a long time,  it was also known to stand for Plane Always Late....(get the joke?....lol).

Things have changed however,  after the new (private) Mgt. took over the government in running PAL,  their services have vastly improved.  Flights are on time as scheduled.

Philippine Time  or commonly known as Filipino time is really the practice of most filipinos  arriving much later than an appointed time.  It also holds true for functions. If, for example, an invitation is made for a 7pm dinner or party, expect some guests to arrive 7:30...8..or even much later.

I found out however, that the best way to counter that was to stick to the agreed time.....*s* and have the other person realize the importance of keeping a schedule.

cc
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Airlines are punctual. Ships and ferry boats vary. Some are (for example the Super cat) others aren't. Buses go so frequently that it doesn't matter, but if you have to catch a specific aircon bus, chances are, it will be punctual too. About keeping appointments: most of my penpals showed up within 10 to 15 minutes of the agreed upon time. If not, they had a good excuse (terrible traffic usual). When traveling in the Philippine, this supposed "philippine times" would be the least of my worries. My impression is, that most often it's simply a lazy excuse.
Carrisse
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: philipinnes time?, posted by cc on Mar 29, 2001

Specially those that are rotting and are packed to the brim. Unless the last thing you want to see is the bottom of the ocean before you die.
cc
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Please don't take the ferry, posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

Too late - have done it already ;-)

The Supercat is VERY nice actually, more like an airplane inside than a regular ferry...

jon
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Please don't take the ferry, posted by Carrisse on Mar 29, 2001

Gasp!

Overall, good advice!

Jon

don2222
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

My experience is that the airlines are mostly on time.
They deal with different countries, so they did need to stick to a time schedule.
After I explained to Vilma that American time means "on time", we never did have a problem after that.  She explained it to her friends, and they were always on time also.  The Philippines was a Spanish colony for 400 years, being late was only one of the ways in which the Spanish influenced the PI.   Don't let the experiences of Larry
scare you away, there are many men here with good experiences to share.

Don

outwest
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

nt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: