Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 08:31:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Money arguments in Vietnam  (Read 3621 times)
Hamlet
« on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Dear All,

I am 49.

Those of you who know I was engaged to a Cuban last year (29, a dentist) may also know that our relationship failed partly due to money arguments.  I left her in Havana with money for a passport fee, a health exam fee, and various other fees the Cuban government soaks you for when you are leaving paradise.   Two thousand dollars in all.  But instead of saving it for these pending expenses, she used it for her family and new clothes, and then lied to me about it.

So how refreshing it is to have had a new kind of money argument with my current Vietnamese fiance (38, a teacher and principal of six kindergardens who makes $200/month and has no assets).

When I arrived at the Saigon airport last month, she picked me up with a taxi and paid for it when we arrived at my hotel.  I did not argue as I had no VN money at that point.  The next day, I changed my money first thing.  At breakfast, she paid the bill over my objection.  The same thing happened at lunch.  By dinner I knew to get the waiter to deliver the check to me, but this situation persisted whenever we had meals out and we constantly fought over who had the right to pay the bills even after she learned that I make her monthly salary in an hour as a real estate developer.

A few days into my two week trip, we decided to visit her family north of Saigon in Dalat.  She went out to buy the airline tickets and we had another argument as she did not want to take my money.  I had to force four 50s in her purse.  When she returned she gave me three 50s.  I became suspicious and asked to see the tickets, whereupon I determined that they had cost $65.

Before I left I opened a bank account, put $2500 in it and her name on it.  I figured she would need some money for the English classes she is now taking, passport fees, etc.  As I prepared to go to the airport to return to the US, I placed $200 on her desk.  "What is that for?" she demanded.  I said that she could use it for whatever she wanted.  "Well,"  she said in an slightly annoyed tone of voice "I donīt need anything."  I left the money on the desk.

Last week I asked her what she had done with the money.  She said she put it in the bank account because she does not need it.  I asked where she got the $111 for the English classes with the native speaker and she said used her own money for it.

What a girl.

Hamlet

Humabdos
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Money arguments in Vietnam, posted by Hamlet on Nov 24, 2003

What happend to Lori and her VC husband.
Hum
Benh
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I think we are on a good thing with these Vietnamese ladies! I have offered my Viet girlfriend money for various things but she refuses to take any money.

I corresponded with several Vietnamese girls before finding the lady I think is right for me and in general all the ladies I wrote to where very nice people.  

Anyway I will be meeting my Vietnamese girlfriend for the first time in 35 days. I already know we will get on well together, but I plan on not rushing things and letting things happen as they happen.

Ben

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Money arguments in Vietnam, posted by Benh on Nov 26, 2003

Good luck with your meeting Ben. I think you're right about Vietnamese women. The ones I interface with, I find to be honest, friendly, feminine, not afraid of hard work, and lots of fun. I don't recall ever meeting a sad or depressed one, even those with very tough lives. In a thread a year or two back, nearly everyone on this board concluded that happy girls are always the best choice.

- Jeff

GregF
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello,
My Vietnamese Girlfriend is the same way. She will not take any money from me for any reasion and insists on paying for everything on her own eventhough I make about 10X as much as she dose. It is a very nice change from the American women I am use to.
Greg F
Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

See the kind of ladies you find in Asia? So much for big hooters and bubble butts the Latin Board guys are always raving about. Give me responsibility, and a team player any old day. Around my house, If I want to save some money, I just give it to my wife. It burns a hole in my pocket faster than in hers.

- Jeff

Mita
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Now this is the kind of woman you DO NOT LOSE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: