Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 01, 2024, 10:34:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gentelmen, help is needed  (Read 3052 times)
Romello
« on: November 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Now down to business. I am currently seek a filipina love, but I am shocked at all the 'WILL YOU HELP ME". I could have an american stripper for the money some of them are asking. Anyway, I want to be a good providing husband someday, and I know some of these women are poor and can use the help. However, I did not just get on line yesterday, $100.00 us a week is crazy. I don't give my ex wife that kind of money and we have been friends since the divorce 11 years ago.

What I am look for is someone to tell me the skinny on this. I know there are some good women who need the help. Now, where do you draw the line. I don't want to seem like a tight wad, and how do I go about it in a safe manner.

I've read the messages here, but I need that personnal touch form someone who knows the "REAL DEAL"

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Gentelmen, help is needed, posted by Romello on Nov 30, 2003

Hi Romello,

It sounds like you are chatting with scammers or opportunists, who have knowledge of the fact that many Kanos can be bilked out of some serious cash. Many former bargirls have made a lucrative career change with Internet "dating" as well. In 3 1/2 years, my wife or her family have not asked me for one centavo! Stay clear of the ones who ask for money or tell you about all of their hardships.  A good woman will not ask you for help...which can be a problem all it's own if you love and are committed to her.

Dave H.

Mita
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Don't give money to any woman you haven't met.  You'll find a woman who won't ask you for money unless it was a  matter of life and death or maybe not even then.  And those women are going to be the best mates you'll ever find.  They're out there so keep looking until you find her.
Bob S
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Gentelmen, help is needed, posted by Mita on Nov 30, 2003

"Don't give money to any woman you haven't met" is always a good rule-of-thumb for dealing with prospectives from any country (and men often ignore to their detriment at which point men whine about how all the women are scammers and blah blah blah).  That doesn't prevent you from sending gifts if you've been corresponding for a long time but haven't met yet.  And if there's one or two in particular you fancy, it's not against the rules to assist in communication costs.*  But as Hum notes, you gotta get an honest feel for what the costs really are.

* - If you are a control freak, this is probably still a bad idea as she may use the help you send to offset her costs in communicating with other guys who are planning to show up in her hometown before you.

Humabdos
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Sorry there is no "real deal" :-(
Some have been successful using the mail order bride sites while others failed miserably at it. There is no right or wrong way. Luck of the draw plays a big part. I would recommend you go over to the Philippines and spend a few weeks getting to know the country and people first. See how things work and how much things cost, when your penpal says the Internet cost $10 a hr you know what the correct price is. While your there look in Malls and ask a few out. Take a bus or boat ride ask the little old lady next to you maybe she has a daughter or niece. The Internet is full of scammers, gold diggers and green card sharks. Try my five step plan below.

PS think with your big head not the little one.
Hum

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: