Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 06:00:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A sobering thought  (Read 11634 times)
Bob S
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A sobering thought, posted by Michael B on Oct 20, 2003

"I wouldn't have married her if I didn't trust her. You married her...
what does that say?"

It doesn't say much except that he loves her.  Trust doesn't cover
all aspects of a relationship.  You may trust that the woman you
love loves you back; you may trust that she'll be faithful to you.  But
some (many) honest good caring people just suck when it comes
to handling money.  This is particularly true for those guys here
across all the boards who are courting women from poorer
countries. (Heck, I met a number of women from wealthy Tokyo I
wouldn't trust with a Platinum card!)  How many people honestly
can responsibly handle a windfall if they suddenly won the lottery?

Peter may have married a wonderful, caring, sweet girl, but given
the situation, he is perfectly justified in wondering what she would
do if given access to a significant sum by their standards (if a
piddling sum by ours).  What happens in the next few months will
tell him a lot about what his life will be like for the next 30 years.

Peter Lee
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Degree of trust, posted by Bob S on Oct 21, 2003

What did you think about my decission of sending a partial of the house money in good faith and wait for the rest later when I see more validation and see why the
Govt isn't compensating for the loss of the house.
Yes your words ring in my ears on what life will be like in the next 30 years from what will happen next.
Michael B
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Degree of trust, posted by Bob S on Oct 21, 2003

There is trust of her abilities and trust of her intentions. It was the intentions I was refering to when I said 'you married her, what does that say?'. As for the ability, yes, some people have it and some don't, some people (if they have honest intentions) can get the ability, if they have some help and training, that's why I tried to help him with the 'suit man' story.
Ray
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Degree of trust, posted by Michael B on Oct 21, 2003

:-)
Bob S
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Degree of trust, posted by Michael B on Oct 21, 2003

(-8
Peter Lee
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A sobering thought, posted by Michael B on Oct 20, 2003

Thanks for the come back, I will see how I can do the check the vendor thing from 7000 miles.  That is not easy and will require my wife to help me make sure Papa gets what he has paid for.  Good idea!  I wasn't sure how to handle that.  The loan shark I was surprised to find out is the bank.  The bank is the 20% loan shark using his land as collateral.  But I have to say that the guys here in Daytona married to Filipinas here all seem to agree to not send money now and wait.  The wives all disagree and like you, want me to send money to help.  I do trust my wife and I have decided to help.  Now, even if I wanted too I wouldn't have all the money together right now coz of the property taxes are due this month over 10,000 bucks.  So I have already sent 1/3 or the money for the house.  I will see how that takes hold and get to see how it is distributed to the venders.   I have not heard of any vendors yet except for buying bags of cement they memtioned a contractor.  Keep in mind that it was not the banks fault that the highway is expending and it seems that they all charge a high interest as the Paso devaluates faster than the interest.    It was the dad's decision to build his house close to the highway on Govt. land.  This was done to be close to the highway so the family could run a suri, suri store.   With the reputation of corruption in the Govt. I’m sure no one would guess then that money would be allocated to improve the highways.  On my 2200 klm on the motorbike I did see a lot of activity with building roads all over the Visayas especially in isolated and rural areas.  Sugar cane trucks had destroyed a lot of back roads and needed to be widened.  It seems that Dad was not the only one that made the mistake of building to close to the highway.  It is unsettling to not be able to go there and supervise how the money is spent.   The long distance creates the problem of wondering if Dad is going to get ripped off.    
Bye
Humabdos
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to A sobering thought, posted by Peter Lee on Oct 20, 2003

test
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: