Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 03, 2024, 02:16:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 year permanent resident card arrives  (Read 22480 times)
Jimbo
« on: October 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

End of the line, the long wait is over, Sally just got it.  Here is the timeline as I remember it:

May 99 - arrive in USA on K-1 Visa (Vermont SC)
Jul 99 - married
Aug 99 - apply for AOS (Boston)
Mar 00 - AOS approved
Jan 02 - I-751 petition for removal of conditions
Jun 03 - I-751 approved
Oct 03 - perm card arrives

That's 4 years 5 months after her arrival.  But what the heck, it's not like we put our life on hold while filing all this stuff and waiting for the silly card.  No complaints here.  The long journey is just a part of our life, and it's been a wonderful journey so far.  I wish everyone here the very best in their quest for a foreign bride.

Jim

SteveG
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 10 year permanent resident card arrives, posted by Jimbo on Oct 20, 2003

Congratulations Jim and Sally.  You are right, the wait after your wife/fiance arrives and is with you doesn't matter.   It's the wait prior to that that is so bad!
             SteveG
Jimbo
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 10 year permanent resident card arri..., posted by SteveG on Oct 22, 2003

Thanks Steve,

Now that your little one is a bit older I hope you're finding time to work on those muscle cars!

Jim

Surigao Ken
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 10 year permanent resident card arrives, posted by Jimbo on Oct 20, 2003

n/t
Jimbo
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congrats and Best wishes!!! n/t, posted by Surigao Ken on Oct 21, 2003

nt
Stephen
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Congratulations Jim and Sally. I filed my removal of Conditional Status a week ago and I got a receipt yesterday saying that my Alien card is extended one year and travel is authorized. I am going home in March or April of 2004 is the Letter from INS enough to show at the airport that I am allowed to travel internationally.

Tess

Ray
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 10 year permanent resident card arri..., posted by Stephen on Oct 21, 2003

Hello Tess,

Like Jimbo said, you must carry both the Green Card and the extension receipt together. That "should" be all you need to travel overseas and return.

We also filed the I-751 last March and are still waiting for approval. Migs just returned from the Phils last month and the only problem she had was in Cebu on the way home. The people at the PAL ticket counter in Mactan wouldn’t accept the Green Card extension and she had to go to the PAL office at the airport to get it cleared up. Another reason to arrive early for your return flight. She didn’t have any problems when she boarded the connecting PAL flight in Manila.

Make sure you have lots of copies of the extension, the green card, and your passport. You will need copies anyway in Manila for the travel tax exemption.

Have a great trip home!

Ray

Surigao Ken
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Green Card Extension, posted by Ray on Oct 21, 2003

Ray,

Glad to hear that your loved one is safe and back. Tell Migs hello from Ken, Nancy and little Mary D.

Take care,

Surigao Ken

Ray
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Ray!, posted by Surigao Ken on Oct 21, 2003

You should come over and help me drink my pasalubong. I have Tanduay 12-year-old and real San Miguel Beer... :-)

Ray

Jimbo
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 10 year permanent resident card arri..., posted by Stephen on Oct 21, 2003

Hi Tess,

Last year Sally brought her expired card AND the letter because, I figured, the letter shows that the card is not really expired.  She had copies of card, letter and passport; copies in the hotel in case the others got lost or stolen.

That's all she needed.

Jim

Stephen
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to bring both, posted by Jimbo on Oct 21, 2003

Can't wait to see my family again...
Jimbo
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thank you guys....Tess, posted by Stephen on Oct 21, 2003

..I do!

Jim --Sally says Hello

Stephen
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'll bet you miss Manila too..., posted by Jimbo on Oct 21, 2003

food, heat, traffic , shopping name it.....LOL
Tell Sally hello from us.
Humabdos
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I'm sure your both glad to get that behind you!

It wasn't long after my first wife got her perm green card that she split and filed for divorce.
It didn't take me long to realize she did me a huge favor!

Good luck on the Dive master course. Someday I hope to do the same. What's the cost at alona beach for that? Moal Boal might have better prices.

P.S Have you seen the screen saver Marine Aquarium 2.0? It's really cool and a must for divers.

Hum

Jimbo
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Long strange trip, posted by Humabdos on Oct 21, 2003

Hi Hum,

PADI Divemaster is $650 at Alona with your own gear.  It may be a bit cheaper at Moalboal but I wanted to do Balicasag and Pamilacan and see the big Napoleon fish again!

Housing is the place to save money because you need to stay 4 weeks to get certified - properly certified, at least.  I got a two-story house w/kitchenette for a month for P18,000, at Alona Land, just a two minute walk to the dive shop.  That's $11/night for high season!  Sally can bring her relatives and we can fill the place up for no extra charge.

Jim

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: