Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 02:25:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "American Woman" question and a little story..  (Read 31212 times)
Zebson
« on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I know this is a completely off course non-asian oriented side story...But I was just playing some old favorites..This great old song came on from, "The Guess Who". Does anyone know any history behind this song?...Of course I grew up in the late sixties, early seventies. Anyone who did, knows this song well. Everytime I hear this song, I am reminded of a time in my early tweenties when I woke up in the middle of the night to a woman screaming at a guy, turns out it was the middle aged couple living accross the street going at it, which finally resulted in car tires screeching down the street...As I thought it was all over I headed back to bed, but minutes later this guy must have cranked his stereo system full bore, and sure enough "AMERICAN WOMAN" belted out loud and clear....I remember laughing to myself and thinking how appropriate. That night and that song were locked in memory ever since.
Zebson
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "American Woman"  question and..., posted by Zebson on Mar 22, 2001

As a precursor to being judged an AW basher, I really wasn't trying to rip on the American women with this story and inquiry....so much as to find out some history. Have a nice day all..

Zeb

Lori
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "American Woman"  question and..., posted by Zebson on Mar 22, 2001

don't say a word,
and nevermind that noise you heard,
it's just the beast inside your head,
in your closet, in your bed!!!
Jay
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to hush little baby..., posted by Lori on Mar 23, 2001

Hey Lori,

I love you!! Forget about Thai! Why don’t you come with me little girl, on a magic carpet ride!

ROTFLMAO!

You fly high and go meet Thai, you Freeeeeebird!

Really, all the best. Your story is one I am looking forward to hearing. It’s
Very interesting and different. Plus you seem like such a sweet and cool lady. That post about saving for your trip really touched me. I’ve been there.

I hope you know how much support you have on this board.

Jay

Lori
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: hush little baby..., posted by Jay on Mar 23, 2001

Thanks alot Jay. It's nice to have this board.
BTW--I am accepting donations for my cause. Donations are not tax deductable at this time. But you will recieve a nice, "slightly used " pair of purple g-string underwear as a token of my gratitude, straight from the closet of "Mr. Dave".
All rights reserved. Copyright  protected by Tess.
kevin
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Donations..., posted by Lori on Mar 23, 2001

Does the underwear "blow"?  Or rather, has it "blown"?

This is just a corny pun that I think a select few will appreciate.  Ha-Ha!

- Kevin

Lori
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Donations..., posted by Lori on Mar 23, 2001

sorry Stephen and Tess...I meant copywrited by Daves fiancee

Sometimes it's just too hard for me to keep everyone on this board straight.
Lori

Zebson
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to hush little baby..., posted by Lori on Mar 23, 2001

Was that a song, or just some nice poetry?
Lori
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: hush little baby..., posted by Zebson on Mar 23, 2001

sorry Zeb, that was supposed to be posted under Jays message. It's the continued lyrics to Metallica's "Enter Sandman"
Zebson
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to woopsie:-o, posted by Lori on Mar 23, 2001

Aawwwwhhh shuuucks,...and I thought it was just for me. Smiley

Lori
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: woopsie:-o, posted by Zebson on Mar 23, 2001

and everyone else here...

Lean on me,
when you're not strong.
and I'll be your friend.
I'll help you carry on.
For, it won't be long,
Till I'm gonna need
somebody to lean on.

Dave H
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to here's one for you Jay..., posted by Lori on Mar 23, 2001

N/T
Jay
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to here's one for you Jay..., posted by Lori on Mar 23, 2001

Thank's Lori,

And right back at ya!!

Jay

Jay
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Zebson,

I just heard an interview recently with the guy in the Guesss Who that wrote this song. He said that it was not an anti-war (Vietnam), or anti- American song, just that they disliked American women, so that’s why they wrote it.

Personally, I don’t believe that as no American woman I know has their own “war machines”  or “getto scenes”. I always’s travel with a walkman, and have a special song picked-out for take off from the west coast. I like to pick a song that is relavent. Usually it has been, “Enter Sandman” by Mettallica, (“take my hand……we’re off to never, never land!), but in Oct. ’94 when I left the U.S. it was “American woman” by the Guess Who. I wasn’t planning on ever living here again and was not being anti-American, just anti-“what America had become”. Politically correct etc..

Jay
P.S.- don’t flame me folk’s, I AM NOT anti- American. I even have an American flag hanging in my house. Very PROUD to be American, although the scene here now is even worse than it was in ’94. Just my OPINION.

Zebson
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: "American Woman"  question..., posted by Jay on Mar 22, 2001

Jay, where did you go back then? I have been out of the States so many times now I lost count. After three passports and 20 years later, I haven't changed my perspective either, I to will always love America. I think at times people often forget that it's the power of our liberty that allows us to intelligently scrutinize the problems areas of this country.

Zeb

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: