Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 10:22:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Test n/t  (Read 3436 times)
Jay
« on: October 13, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

n/t
Humabdos
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Test n/t, posted by Jay on Oct 13, 2003

Hi Jay Whats up? Hows the flying going?
Hum
Jay
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Test 321 blast off!, posted by Humabdos on Oct 14, 2003

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Hi Hum,

The only thing I've been flying lately is my car. LOL! It's been a couple of months. I've been working alot to save a bunch of money, so I really don't feel like flying on my time off. Maybe in a couple of weeks, I'll take a flight. I'd like to go to Key West to eat lunch or just do some touch and goes.

Also, I still have a small amount of money(enough for a few hours)on the books, at the school I got my license so I can fly thier planes. However,  because of thier insurance I can only fly daytime and the only passenger I can take is my wife, and I can only fly her around the airport. LOL! So that kinda sucks. When I get around to it, maybe after I use the money left at the school "keeping the rust off", I'll move on to another airport, find a place to rent planes for less and hook up with some other pilots to fly with. Split costs and have an extra pair of eyes in the cockpit. At least I'll be able to fly any single engine land(not sea, don't have that rating) plane, anywhere I want, anytime I want, with whomever I want. Whatever place I rent at next, will want to give me a "check-out". They all do. I was even checked out at the school, made me fly for an hour with my instructor. They want to see that you can fly before you can rent. That can cost a few hundred dollars at some places. I have to look around.In the meantime I'm just chillin'. I know how to fly, now I just got to build experience. All in good time.

The money I'm saving is for my instrument, commercial and flight instructor ratings. I will need these in order to get PAID to fly. Most people start out instructing as will I. I'm going to do all my remaining training in multi-engine aircraft from here foreward. At a school up the coast. It's after alot of research that I decided this. Good price and I get the chance to instruct at this school for a year after finishing training. All in multi-engine planes. I will need those multi hours to move on after flight instructing. That's what you need to get to fly bigger planes. I have to compete with kids half my age. LOL! Most people do thier training and instructing single engine and get the multi rating later. It's cheaper. However, most are younger and have more time on thier side. Also, I'm not a big fan of turbulence. Never have been. So if I'm going to be bouncing all around in clouds during instrument training, I think I would rather do it in a heavier, faster plane.  I feel the need for speed!

All this will take about 15 more months of hard work to save the money. What makes an airplane fly? Money, that's what. Everyone thinks I'm nuts (never said I WAS sane) From family to the loosers I work with, but I don't give a sh!t. Only one who supports me (except you guys) is Criselda, unfailingly, God bless her. Every person who chooses aviation as a career goes through it. Everyone thinks thier nuts for various reasons. For me, I'm making a last stand. I got nothing to loose. It may look hard or even impossible , but that's ok. I just gotta pull a rabbit outa my hat, that's all. It wouldn't be my first time.  

FIRST thing I gotta spend a bunch of money on, is a trip to the Philippines. We got to go this time or I think I'll be divorced. LOL! Definitly this time. In Febuary. With a stop in SOCAL to see my brother, also Stephen and Tess and Ray if he'd like. Or maybe We'll fly out of Portland. I'll stop by and you can show me the Bamboo in your backyard.

Well, sorry for the long reply, but YOU asked.

Joke: Q)How do you know theres a pilot at the party?
     A) They'll tell you.
Get it? Pilots love to talk about being pilots. I'm no different. LOL!

Hope all is well with you and Sallie, sorry for grammar and spelling errors, I'm late for bed.
Take Care,
Jay

Humabdos
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Test 321 blast off! , posted by Jay on Oct 14, 2003

Glad you got that glitch fixed in your PC.
Sallie and I would be glad to give you a tour of the Bamboo garden! If you hurry we will cook ya'll some of the Salmon I just caught.

Glad to see you posting again.

Hum

Jay
PS
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Test 321 blast off! , posted by Jay on Oct 14, 2003

Up until 4 days ago when I finaly fixed it, my computer was messed up. it has been that way since the end of June. It kept locking up, so I really couldn't post. I have returned no e mails for a long time either. SO,

To Dave: Sorry I havent called or e-mailed. How are ya?

To Stephen: Sorry I haven't made it to Temecula yet and I will return the book soon. Very sorry to take so long to return it.

To Jim: I saw you called the other day, but if you left a message, I didn't get it. Please e-mail or call again.

And anyone else who thought I was just being rude not returning your e-mails, I'm sorry.

J.

Dave H
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to PS, posted by Jay on Oct 14, 2003

Hi Jay,

I know you have been very busy with work! As always, I enjoy reading about you're flying! We're doing GREAT! I will email you.

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: