Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 02:18:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It is enough to make you cry  (Read 23811 times)
Esiang
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ozamis, posted by Peter Lee on Oct 6, 2003

What kind of bank atm card does she have,

Is it bancnet or megalink?
Oh, well I'm not really sure if First Union bank is nationwide in the Phils.
But she would still need money going to Cebu he..he..
hope it works....

He..he..country girl likes the city, reminds me of my best friend, she used to lived on top of the mountains(a cute town in Ozamis).Up there the air is  so fresh but at night Oh you can hear the whisper of "Aswang". Joking...

HaroldC
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to It is enough to make you cry, posted by Peter Lee on Oct 6, 2003

Just my 2P worth-

Don't get distracted by the conrolled chaos that is life in the Phils. Deal with one disaster before moving on to the next.

Concentrate on getting her to a doctor. It sounds like she does not want to (for whatever reason, does not matter), but don't let her procrastinate. She's being a trooper and taking the licks philosophically, but that won't do it if she has an infection.

All the way to Cebu for an ATM? That's 12 hours by boat plus whatever overland- to Ozamis? A bus to Iligan (where the doctor is!) would be quicker, no?

Whether and when the road is being widened doesn't really matter right now. They can always get another cow or a carabao.

Good luck to all concerned.

Febtember
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to It is enough to make you cry, posted by Peter Lee on Oct 6, 2003

Peter,
First I was thinkin that their house had concrete floor and there's no way they can move that.And I'm pretty sure that your wife parents house is old enough that it is even impossible for them to reused the materials.Since you tell her to save money and on her own understanding it seems like you tell her don't spend it so there she is now taking herbal medicine as an alternatives.Herbal medicine is okey but you don't know if there's some side effect on it.Most farmer in philippines use carabao.At least some lucky enough to have carabao but mostly they use bolo and machete.Even if they sell the cow I'm sure that money they make still not enough to build a house.Borrowing money from someone in philippines is bad idea.Those people never think of helping but they think on how much interest they get.Expect Peter that her parents will never ask directly on you.I'm sure they think at least their daughter have that common sense and initiative.It be real hard  for maricel too.I'm glad my family back home have no problem like this.But I feel for those family too.

Peter I have question here;What if it's not true that there is highway widening?If there is I'm sure the government will wait until they can build a new house before destroying the old house.What if some nieghbor there tell her that now she's married to you they were sure that you build a new house for her parents like some american does.You never mention that to her right  about building a new house so now they think of something like that.You never been in their place.You never spend long time with her family except to Maricel so you don't know them really.you never see their house if it's really build next to the highway.This is all just my wild thought.I beleived in all  Maricel say .Only brilliant minded filipina can do on what i have thinkin right now.raquel

Esiang
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: It is enough to make you cry, posted by Febtember on Oct 6, 2003

If there is I'm sure the government will wait until they can build a new house before destroying the old house.

It's true widening of the road first needs approval from the govn't,speaking of phils. government, they're very slow.....then after approval you don't know if those city officials will really put the money into the project and the best place where they could put is in their nice big pockets....he..he..he...

That's why Maricel's house will still be standing today and tomorrow....he..he...he...

Nanz
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: It is enough to make you cry, posted by Esiang on Oct 6, 2003

You're right, because it happens in our town. I guess they make the widening because of the impending election, then after the widening nothing happen, you will never hear from them again. My mother's house is close to the national road and till now still there. They keep saying soon the house will be tearing apart, I was small girl by the time. and now I have my own family and our house is still there.

Esiang
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: It is enough to make you cry, posted by Nanz on Oct 6, 2003

Hi Nanz,
       Kanang yaot n bayay namo s surigao banda s Narciso St. ingon lagi naay widening road project maapektuhan kuno ...
       Hesus pagkadugay n intawon naa pa gihapon ang bayay galig-on s kayaot......he..he..Pastilan.....

Asa ka man banda s Surigao Nanz?

Esiang

Nanz
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Surigao, posted by Esiang on Oct 6, 2003

ehheheheh........kasiaw gajud nimo da! ila ra na estorya nga widening.....pero igo ra sa pagsukod, dili na dajon mobalik. hehehe....... mao lagi, ang sa ako nanay pod.

Nagpuyo ko sa Capitol, Vasques dayon. Mingaw na ko ddto da. Mingaw na ko sa sinugba ug lato pod. hehehhe..
Ikaw when man ka mag bakasyon?

Nancy

Esiang
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Surigao, posted by Nanz on Oct 6, 2003

IC...

Puhon untana April 2005 kon madajon, di pa jud 100% sure kay bana-banaon pa finances he..he..
Pagkalami untana kon madajon kay kanang sinugba,kinilaw,ginamos ug tanang isda adlaw-adlawon ko nag kaonon...
Kanus-a man pod k magbakasyon?
Nancy nakit-an ko lagi noon wedding pic niyo, mura mag familiar k naho basi lang ha he..he..he...
Dis-a man kaw nag-elementary?

Esiang

Nanz
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Surigao, posted by Esiang on Oct 6, 2003

kagana unta magkadungan ta uy pohon 2005...heheh mga april-may pod unta mi. lagi mao gajud pod na ako kaonon permente kay gimingaw gajud ko ana nga pagkaon.

sa malimono ko nag elementary, ingnana man gajud basta guafa magka pareha na ug dagway. hehehhe........

Take care,
Nancy

Esiang
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Surigao, posted by Nanz on Oct 6, 2003

Aw hawig ra diay jud to nimo tung estudyante ni moder...
Malimono pagkalayo b gyod.....

Summer time jud ang gana ikadto s Surigao maglangoy-langoy ko s dagat bisag di kabalo basta dagat na ni he..he...
Lahi ra jud beach s Pinas kesa deri way lami....especially ang mga Isla s Surigao he..he...he..pagkahambog jud.

Ayu-ayo s imo ug s imo cuty-cuty n baby grabe lalo na nung nakasunglass siya....

Esiang

Febtember
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Surigao, posted by Nanz on Oct 6, 2003

Hi Nancy,
Too nice too see you here.Hala sa magkasinabot jud ta aning puro mga gwapa lol kay ija ija man pud nang surigao pareha sa bohol.Inig uli unja nimo sa injo puhon pagtagbaw ug kaon ug lato ug sinugba kay mao sad na akong buhaton jud kung makauli ko puhon.Regards sa imong gwapo nga bana ug imo gwapa nga anak.Raquel
Nanz
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Surigao, posted by Febtember on Oct 6, 2003

Basta mga guafa magka sinabot gajud. ehhehehe.......lagi uy pohon kaonon gajud nako tanan isda bisan gagmay walay looy-looy. hehehehehhehehe.......... ako baby buyag na kalihug,. kumusta na imo bugoy? ok take care

nancy

Peaches
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

mga bisdak dinhi...asa naman ang uban?

Peaches
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Mga bisdak ni tingug na Smiley))

Regards sa inyong tanan

peaches

Dave H
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: It is enough to make you cry, posted by Febtember on Oct 6, 2003

Hi Raquel,

I agree! With a concrete floor, it would become necessary to dismantle the the house. If it is old, there is probably not much good materials to reuse.

I also agree about the road widening. It seems strange that the government comes out to survey and then is ready to immediately begin a road widening project through the bundocks. Even big priority projects don't happen that fast in the Philippines or the US for that matter. I would visit the family homestead and parents on the next trip.

Dave H.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: