Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:48:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Trip page 3  (Read 1585 times)
Peter Lee
« on: September 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Something that really turned me off was some foreigner over 50 holding hands in the mall like a teenager and looking like a stupid tourist.  I am sure I am wrong with that attitude but I can’t help it.  Having a young girl lead you around in the mall holding hands with a guy twice her age just don’t do it for me.  I chose to walk side by side respecting each others space and looking like a confident couple.  I am sure that with that attitude I was asked time and time again if Maricel was my wife even though we were not married yet.
I have to say having the motorcycle gave me that freedom of going any where at any time was a good feeling and I didn’t have to walk a lot with the bad hip.  You also have to know the place to find where you are going.  I got a map and a compass and it didn’t take long to find my way around and go anyplace I needed to go.  I got this great radio and strapped it to the front of the bike and played load music as we rode through the city.  One thing for sure music always goes well with Filipinos and Maricel had her favorite radio station.  It also made me feel like a kid again.  I loved the music in Cebu there were over 20 FM stations which made the trips more enjoyable.  I did get strange looks as we came to a stop in traffic and it took a while for the riders in the jeepney to catch onto the rhythm of the music and we would get lots of smiles. 1st Stop was the American Consulate downtown for the Legal Capacity to Marry papers.  We almost had to go twice  but we had everything including Maricel’s picture ID hehehe, I only needed my passport, so check that.  I forgot how much I paid 1000 peso I think but I was questioned if I had never married before being almost 60.  I had to swear under oath with the threat of imprisonment and fines that I had never been married and that I am still single.

To be continued: page 3

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: