Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 05:16:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Trip page 8  (Read 6821 times)
Peter Lee
« on: September 16, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

There was a nice store on board to buy that soup you add water too and snacks.  There was a TV and movies and of course Karaoke.  There was a massive amount of bunks like in the army and a few roosters crowing.  The econo was crowded like a chicken hatchery but remember, I had the econo deluxe which was one flight up and breezier.  Unloading the bike was another trip with a gang of 4 guys and got it off in one piece.  Yes now you have to go to 3 places and pay 20 to 60 peso to reclaim the bike.  Dock stamps, unloading fee and I’m not sure what else.  They made sure that all these places were never near each other so you have to gallivant around to get the proper papers stamped. After a few ferry rides you get used to it and know where to go.  I could use the bike to go to all these places and it made it fun.
We found a nice classy hotel the Harbor hotel 1000 peso for a US standard hotel cable, air, hot water and restaurants WOW!   Iloilo is like Cebu city but cleaner air but just as crowded.  I noticed that here in Iloilo and later Palawan I was never stared at or looked at much.  I was told that it would be expected but it never happened, maybe because we blended in being tan and non-touristy we looked like we lived there and didn’t stand out so much.  
Next day we ate at Jolly Bee my favorite hated place to go.  But my gf likes Jolly Bee even if they never ever have a leg and thigh chicken, only a wing and part of dry breast. “I’m sorry sir, that’s standard” if you want a thigh and leg is special order 20 minutes sir.  Met an Australian in the Jolly Bee and he had been living there with his gf for a few years.  

To be continued: page 8

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: