Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 05:21:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barong tagalog &etc questions?  (Read 4958 times)
capt david
« on: July 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I think, and pray, that finally everything is in order and Era will be here soon. I/she has her traditional wedding dress. We are planning for me to wear a barong tagalog. I have found one on the net at Barong Tagalog say. com. Is anyone familiar with this or have any ideas? Also, If we video our wedding can it be played on a vcr in the Phils? I have heard that on some tapes that the "code" or something is different. thanks, capt david
Peaches
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Barong tagalog &etc questions?, posted by capt david on Jul 19, 2003

Capt David,

Don't know about the barong tagalog on the net. Isn't that would be
better if  Era would buy it in Phil? It would be cheaper and more
choices.  Regarding the VCR, what kind of camcorder are u using?
VCR will work in the Philippines coz I send one and it worked.

SteveG
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Barong tagalog &etc questions?, posted by capt david on Jul 19, 2003

Capt. David,
  I don't know about the Barong rental but we had our Wedding taped in the Philippines and the tape plays perfectly here.  I also took some tapes with me on one trip and they played in the machines over there.  I think there is a different video format in Europe which is what causes the confusion about what will work where.
        Steve
Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Barong tagalog &etc questions?, posted by SteveG on Jul 19, 2003

Eastern Europe and Russia (not sure about Western Europe) have a different VCR format (same physical tape, different electronic signiture) but the Far East is the same as the US. My wife swaps tapes with her friends all the time in Japan and the PI uses the Japanese technology.

What's a barong?

- Jeff

Mita
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Right, posted by Jeff S on Jul 19, 2003

Baro - Dress.  Tagalog - a region in the main island of Luzon, also the dialect and the peoples of that region.

Barong Tagalog - embroidered Tagalog dress shirt for men made of a gauzy material (pineapple fiber, ramie, polyester, etc.)

Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Barong Tagalog, posted by Mita on Jul 19, 2003

So I assume that's what Ken is wearing in this photo:

http://www.geocities.com/pearces74/weddingA.html

Sure looks a lot more comfortable than a tuxedo.

- Jeff

JJ27
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Right, posted by Jeff S on Jul 19, 2003

We use NTSC in the U.S., and much of Europe uses
the PAL format. Evidentally they use NTSC in the
Phils, but I do know that a company here in town
that records and enhances tapes of weddings, old
projector recordings, etc.. also does conversions
so it shouldn't be that a big of a deal for you.
SteveG
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Capt. David,
  I don't know about the Barong rental but we had our Wedding taped in the Philippines and the tape plays perfectly here.  I also took some tapes with me on one trip and they played in the machines over there.  I think there is a different video format in Europe which is
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: