Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:41:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airlines and flights???  (Read 5502 times)
capt david
« on: August 02, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I believe that on the 15th Era will be approved. This means that sometime, probably in September, I'll need to get her here. FINALLY! She has never flown before and is a little apprehensive, not so much about flying but about transfers. Continental flys from Manila to Guam and then non-stop to Houston. This seems to be the most direct, and easiest. Does anyone have any opinions or ideas? Thanks in advance, capt david
Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Airlines and flights???, posted by capt david on Aug 2, 2003

If she doesn't have to change planes then it might be a little easier that way.

How often does that flight through Guam run? I remember when my brother took the flight from Manila through Guam and the plane had some mechanical problems. He got stuck in Guam for 3 days until the next scheduled flight came through.

Is your fiancee leaving from Cebu? Changing planes and airport terminals in Manila can be a pain in the butt. When my wife came over, she flew Cathay Pacific from Cebu-Hong Kong-LAX and she said it was great, 1 hour on the ground in Hong Kong and rice on the menu :-)

Did you consider flying out to Los Angeles to meet her there?

Ray

nealt
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Airlines and flights???, posted by Ray on Aug 2, 2003

My wife left last tuesday for 3 months in Cebu she took the same flight y is talking about and said the same things good food nice people and no problem with connecting flight
tneal
DanAndChed
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Airlines and flights???, posted by capt david on Aug 2, 2003

I brought Mares over on PAL.  It flys to LA and SF.  For the price of a regular ticket on NorthWest, I got her in Buisness Class.  Comfortable and a plane full of Filipinos.

Dan and Mares

capt david
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Airlines and flights???, posted by DanAndChed on Aug 2, 2003

.....I'm a seasoned travler, and I found the LA customs/ baggage transfer a bit of a hassle. That's why I thought transfer in Guam would be much easier and I can drive to Houston to greet/help her. thanks again, capt david
BTW, I assume that she goes through customs in Houston?
capt david
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Airlines and flights???, posted by DanAndChed on Aug 2, 2003

.....I'm a seasoned travler, and I found the LA customs/ baggage transfer a bit of a hassle. That's why I thought transfer in Guam would be much easier and I can drive to Houston to greet/help her. thanks again, capt david
BTW, I assume that she goes through customs in Houston?
outwest77
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I considered that, but...., posted by capt david on Aug 2, 2003

I returned continental in march, it flies like this, i believe, Manila to Guam to Honolulu, to Houston, the customs is in Honolulu not houston.

Unless they have a different routed flight than that one coming back.

Bags are checked all the way through, MUCH EASIER than san fran or LAX running from airline to international to domestic terminals, which is a nightmare.

Bear
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I considered that, but...., posted by outwest77 on Aug 2, 2003

The flight from Manila to Houston does not list a stop in Honolulu, but I am not sure if it stops there, could have changed since I flew there last.  I know that when I returned on PAL to LAX it was a nightmare trying to get from customs to the AA termonal for my flight to Houston.  Ended up sitting in an empty airport all night because PAL was 12 hours late leaving Manila.  Houston does have an International terminal for customs.

Best to ask the Continental now and have an attendant meet and help her through the transition; they usually do so with no extra cost.  I have also offered to help my Honey and I meeting her there (Bush Intercontinental Airport in Hosuton) also.

Bear and Honey

capt david
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I considered that, but...., posted by Bear on Aug 2, 2003

...I haven't forgotten you and honey's offer. I just can't put her on another plane to come to the Valley. If we can work things out, I'd be glad to meet you all and we could meet her plane. Later, capt David
outwest77
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I considered that, but...., posted by Bear on Aug 2, 2003

When i flew to Manila dec 26 on continental they charged me 1300 bucks since it was the holiday season, plus i had a layover of 10 hours 10pm to 6am in Guam, how fun sleeping in the terminal chairs. LOL

Who is taking the flight in question?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: