Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 06:33:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview in Manila???  (Read 3122 times)
capt david
« on: June 30, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Your prayers please. Thanks in advance. Era goes for her interview July 8th. We think that she has everything that she needs. Any pointers? Any idea how long after her interview we might know anything? Sorry to keep asking this, but It's been a year and we want to marry. God bless, capt david
greg
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Interview in Manila???, posted by capt david on Jun 30, 2003

I'm curious..How long did you court her in RP? If the Interviewer is satisfied, then she should pass on July 8th, sooooooo thats the day you should know if she passed or not. Don't worry your doing a good job etc etc, I believe everything will be okey.
capt david
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Captain Hook, posted by greg on Jul 1, 2003

but basicaly I was with her and some part of her family for almost 3 wks. capt david. Iposted the below some time ago if your interested:
My story, part one;
I am a large 5'10" 300lb fifty-four year old schoolteacher from Pt Isabel Texas. I was married for a short time in the Mid Eighties. I have no children, but a "sorta" stepson, long story. For many reasons I decided on a trip to the Philippines in the summer of 2000. I had wanted to go in 2001, but was unable. I began to "explore" on the Internet, with no intentions to marry. But I did consider meeting some Filipinas.
   During the summer of 2001, I was able to see how a trip this summer (2002) could be done, and I began my plans. After deciding I would go, I began looking for Filipina pen pals. Again, I had very little interest in marriage. At this time I decided that because of the great numbers involved and the possibility that I might find "the one" I eliminated anyone with children or divorced. I paid for some names, but got most, and the "special one" on Filipina Friend Finders. Every one that I corresponded with had Email.
In July and August of 2001 I sent out about a hundred "generic" emails with my bio and a brief description of my hobbies and that I was coming to the Phils on vacation. Over the next couple of months I sent out probably another Fifty. I sent them to every one from 18 up and asked that if they were not interested that they were free to share my name. I had about 30-40 responses. Approximately 10-15 0f these were serious possibilities. The rest were too immature, had children, been married, or quit responding.        
  About this time I began considering the fact that I might get married.
By the end of October, I had decided that I would definitely consider my trip one to possibly find a wife. By the end of November, I had decided on meeting four. One, the youngest, who lived in Cebu, two who lived on Leyete and one, lived in Manila. One of the ones on Leyete simply quit writing and the other had many problems, and her letters became few and far between. The one in Manila finally admitted that her parents would not accept a man my age. Her mother is a teacher and her father a college Professor, and both are my age. Maybe it was God, but by February I was left with one to meet. By this time, I had decided that I was going to the Phils to eliminate her, and if I did, to just look around. But, in the back of my mind I think I "knew."
  In December I bought my tickets on Eva Airlines, from Ron Perry at Farm Tours. They were the best price for travel the first part of June. Ron is very helpful. He also has a secluded beach resort that is "free" with the purchase of tickets from him. I'll get to this later. After much searching and asking, I decided to stay at Eddie?s Hotel. Many reasons went into the decision, but mainly it was inexpensive, $20 per night, and three stories. I have an aversion of third world hotels with more than three stories because of fires.
Eddie's had an excellent restaurant, with reasonable prices and very good American type salads. BTW, I didn't eat just "anywhere," but I never had any "turista" problems. To be continued??

My story, part two;
By Christmas, and certainly by February, I was beginning to believe that Era, Ta-Ta, was very special to me. Because of the genuine belief on this board that one should not go to meet just one person, and because she is thirty years younger than I am I was a little worried. As time began to get short, I talked to Ron, and took several names as back up. I might point out at this time that if one was to just go to the Phils that I feel that it would be very easy to find someone in the malls.
  Eva Airlines is an excellent airline, in the Air, but ground support, both at the airport and by phone and computer lack much to be desired. I will admit that by stopping in Taipei I added a couple of hours to my travel time, but saved several hundred dollars. The saving was because EVA's higher rates didn't start until June 15. If I do this again I will probably opt for the upgrade on Eva. What can I say; the trip from San Antonio to Dallas to LAX to Taipei to Manila to Cebu was long. I think the biggest rip-off in the Phils is the airport transfer in Manila.
   Because of not knowing when I would arrive I told Era to come to the hotel after work. Boy was I nervous. Guess what? She showed up with two cousins, surprise, surprise, surprise. She is very shy and I was tired, but we met and an hour later she went home, to meet tomorrow. I was a little surprised that we were not chaperoned that day, but we weren't. We explored the city a little that morning, and returned to the hotel for lunch and while I napped, she watched TV. Let me say, at this time, that I had made a promise to her, her mom, myself, and to God that I would leave her as I found her and her honor is still intact. It was hard. It was also difficult, hehe, but I did it. We had considered having a "ceremony" if we decided to marry, but that never happened. That night, I took her brother and mother to Punta (?) on Mactan for a fish dinner. In my opinion it was good, but for the Phils a little over rated and expensive.
     By this time I was bothered by the big "H" key word preparation. I was a little slow and uncomfortable for a few days, but soon recovered. On my third night and there after Era, and usually a cousin spent the night in my room. This made logistical sense, as her house was in Mandaue. By day five, I was beginning to believe that I had made a mistake! But of course now I was stuck!! What was I going to do?? To be continued?..
My story, part three;
Here I am spending every day with a beautiful woman, less than half my age that is very attentive, and I'm stuck? I must be crazy, but that was how I was feeling. Of course, I have spent most of my life single, living alone. We spent the next few days exploring Cebu, not much to see, and going to different movies and the beach. I was getting real bored with Cebu and tired of all the polluted air. Era was also "growing" on me, but I was a long way from commitment.
    We decided to go to the "free" Virgin Beach Resort. My grandmother told me one time that if something is free, at least you get what you pay for. Let me say that, with the caveat below, I enjoyed my stay at VBR. The basic room was free, if you paid for the $12 per person daily meal fee and, a $3.50 per day AC fee. I took Era, her Aunt, and two cousins. We paid for an upgrade in room. It wasn't a great deal, but worth the money. You must realize that it is a remote and make your own entertainment kind of place. I would have had a great time, except that my, as Forrest Gump would say, buttocks began to give me problems again and I spent most of the time on my stomach. About this time I was beginning to appreciate just what a special person that Era was, but still didn't really expect that we would marry. I considered that when we return that I would go alone to Sabang Beach for a few days to think, before I returned to Texas. All in all, our trip to VBR was OK and I will return when I don't have a PITA.
  On the third day, after lunch, we began our journey back to Cebu. By the time we left I knew that I had to go to the doctor. I was in pain. We arrived at a huge medical complex in Cebu, and I went to a family doctor. I don't remember his name at this time, but if anyone wants it I'll retrieve it. He told me to sit down and I told him that I'd just as soon stand hehe. I described my problem; he took a look and said it was not Hs but a huge boil. A half hour, I was in the emergency room being admitted for surgery!!!!!!!!! The nurse and intern both commented on how large it was and I told them "everything is bigger in Texas!" I was wheeled into the operating room, hooked up to the heart monitor and that was when they found the "extra" heart beat. They called the Cardiologist!!! To be continued?.
My story part, four.
   I woke up and the pain was gone. I was wheeled to my private room w/AC for $29.50 and Era and both doctors were there. It was about 10pm and they said they would see me in the morning. Era and her aunt stayed the night.
  The next morning I was told that I had a "double beat" and should see a doctor when I returned to Texas. My condition was probably caused by stress, but that I should have it checked. I was planning on a physical when I returned anyway. The whole thing in Cebu cost about $800. My US physical cost more and everything was OK except I need to loose weight. My mother tells me that for free!! I had to return to the doctor in three days, so, therefore I remained in Cebu until my return home.
    By this time, I was ready to go home. I had been gone for eighteen days and ready for some privacy. I was tired. I was also a little worried about my heart. I will admit that I was getting a little tired of being around Era. I remained with Era for the rest of my trip. At this time, in retrospect, I began to appreciate what a great person that Era is. Not only did she stand beside me, she also doctored me. Remember it was a very delicate place. When we went to the airport, nothing had been decided. In fact, we hadn't really talked much about our future. As we parted, I began to feel that we might never see each other again. I was sad; don't get me wrong I felt strongly for her. My love was like a glowing ember, but not a hot flame. My first and only marriage was entered to in passion. It lasted eighteen months. I believe that the love that I have for Era is the kind that will last forever, but this decision was in the future. To be continued?..
My story, the end, for now;
As I began the trip home, I was tired and undecided. More than anything else I wanted to vegetate. For about the first week home, I did nothing but rest. I was almost reclusive. Maybe it was the "heart," maybe it was the "buttock" problem, I don't know. I honestly thought at this time that I would probably remain single. But, the ember was burning. I began to miss her?.
Era is much younger than I. Era has only a high school education. Era has said that she can accept that I do not want children, but she is young. What will she feel when her "clock" is ticking. In twenty years I'll be in my mid seventies and, she'll be in her early forties. Is it fair to her? She will give me the best years of her life, as I grow "old." I never doubted her love, what I doubted was her ability to see what her future with me would be like. I also wondered if I, almost a confirmed bachelor and somewhat selfish person, could give up enough to make her happy. These are some of the things that I thought about. Era comes from a very simple family, she, her mother and brother in a year make less than I make in a month and I'm only a teacher! Because of this she is older than her years in many ways. She is also an innocent and close to God. I know that she is special to God. She is also special to me.
  As the weeks passed I began to feel that it was time to make a decision, It wasn't fair to her to keep her "hanging on." I want what is best for her. With all of my doubts, I began to feel the "inevitability" of spending the rest of my life with Era. I asked God for help. I asked my friends. Of course it was my decision. I hope that I am doing the right thing for her. I hope that I can be the kind of husband that she deserves; I hope that I make her happy. If she is happy, I'll be happy. I know that in many ways this will not be a conventional marriage. So be it. I love her in a warm silent way. I don't want to live without her. This is what I decided. I hope that I am worthy of her. I got two of my best friends, wives and husbands, together and I called her. I introduced her and both wives talked to her. After that I asked her to marry me and she didn't say yes!!!!!!!! She said "of course." Close enough!!! I'm engaged! Thanks for your support. capt david

greg
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hi Captain Hook, posted by capt david on Jul 4, 2003

thanks for sharing her picture with me. Ummmmm I think you did your home work. Soooooo I think she's gonna pass the interview with noooooooooooo Problem. Soooooo don't worry, have faith in Gooooooood. Later..
greg
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Captain Hook..She looks mighty fine, posted by greg on Jul 5, 2003

that it's helpful for the Guy to attend the interview with his Mahal. Ohhhhh well, guess it's toooo late for you. Anyway, I think she's gonna pass on July 8th.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: