Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 06:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Embassy visit help, again.  (Read 2820 times)
capt david
« on: July 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Now I am even more confused!!!! I got a fedx from era today. It contained a form from the Embassy stating what I need: my 2002 tax return and w2. No problem. It also states at rhe bottom of the page that she can pass these any Thursday. Then, this is the confusing part, in the space below is the date august 15 2003. The box above that is for another interview, but it is not marked. She told me that she answered all of the questions correctly, which assumes that she has already interviewed. """" Never ASSume""". There is also a phone # for questioning. I have not called it yet, because I want to talk to her first. She is in transit, ferry, to cebu. What are your opinions or thouights? Any pointers about the phone #? Also is there a place where I can send her an email? thanks again capt david
Mita
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Embassy  visit help, again., posted by capt david on Jul 10, 2003

Sounsd like everything is in order. They need those income tax returns - from the last 3 years.  She can drop it off like they say, on Thursdays.  My guess is they'll continue processing.  I don't know why they have that August 15 date.  If the number is a toll free number, don't even bother calling - that's not the embassy but an answering service they hired.    Call the embassy trunkline instead and ask to be connected to the non-immigrant visa section.  Make all your inquiries with them.  You in the US, as opposed to your fiancee in the Philipppines, will get a lot more answers.
Good luck,
Mita
equitis
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Embassy  visit help, again., posted by capt david on Jul 10, 2003

Hello Capt D,
  Congratualations you guys are almost there:-).This is one of the things I have been thinking about as well.Would it be better to get tax transcripts from the irs for the years in question orgive them my copies of the return years.
Ray
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

DP,

I know that it’s too late now, but after May 15, they expect the tax return for the previous year.

If it specifically states that she can turn in the documents on “any Thursday”, then why wait for Aug 15 (Aug 15 is a Friday)? It does sound confusing, but you need to be pro-active with these people. I would interpret it in the way that favors you. If she doesn’t mind being a little assertive, I would get the documents to her ASAP and tell her to go to the embassy on the NEXT Thursday (July 17) at around 6-7 a.m. Show the form to the guard and get inside!

You may want to call the Immigrant Visa Unit directly and ask if it would be O.K. to fax them the missing documents. Call the main switchboard between 10 a.m. and noon Manila time at (632) 528-6300. Ask for Immigrant Visa Unit. Their FAX is (632) 528-4129. If they agree, then maybe she won’t have to go all the way back to Manila.

Did they keep her passport? If not, then she will have to go back to turn in her passport.

I’m not sure what you meant by “is there a place where I can send her an email?” (?)

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: