Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 06:31:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More news and more questions?  (Read 2285 times)
capt david
« on: May 05, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Today I got a form letter saying that the petition will be sent to the manila embassy within a week, and that "soon" era will recieve a packet. Because her aunt went through this process two years ago Era has already recieved her passport and be:n through some seminar. I have several questions. Dose anyone interview me? Does she need anything from me? How long should it take now? Any pointers or help will be appreciated.
Thanks, capt david
Mita
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to More news and more questions?, posted by capt david on May 5, 2003

Just tell her to relax - that's for her own good so she doesn't forget things during the interview.  They asked me about the papers, nothing much since they already had it right in front of them in a folder.  I guess this were the papers my husband (then fiance) originally filed in Nebraska.
They'll ask how you met, have you met in person, ask her for some pics or letters.  A Filipino interviewed me first in Tagalog, he hardly looked at me but was concentrating on the folder.  But he did  ask me personal questions and looked directly at me when he did.  He asked me if I was married before and the American interviewer asked me that too. She also asked me what my job was and where I was working.  It sounded more like they wanted to see if I was truthful in my answers.
I read in another forum that you should not volunteer information.  Just answer them straight when they pose a direct question.
Bear
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to More news and more questions?, posted by capt david on May 5, 2003

the info mentioned in the letters sent to either you or her.  I'm sure the letter from your employer and the bank, 3 years of tax returns (I864?).  I'm not sure but she should probably take letters, emails, pictures, phone bills, what ever proofs you have that a relationship exists.  Do not leave these personal things because you will not get them back if you do.

Bear and Honey

Febtember
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

If you goes with her in her interview they may ask  you question too.My fiancee(now husband)go with me in my interview  then the interviewer ask him more question and that's how  my nick febtember came from.They ask him when we start writing and first meet then hubby got panic and say "febtember".They only ask me if I'm married and I say no.Takes only few minutes interview then she's done.
Do you send her your income tax return and affidavit of support?They will ask that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: