Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 06:31:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about Air fare and flights.  (Read 2462 times)
capt david
« on: May 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Thanks in advance. Era has never flown before. Northwest flies with only one stop Manila to Houston. How hard is it for her to change planes? It was hard for me, I'm an experienced travler, but I went from Eva to American. If I pay will NW have someone help her through customs and onto the next flight? Is it better for her to buy tickets there or for me to purchase them here? What are your experiences and thoughts? thanks again, capt david
Ray
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Questions about Air fare and flights., posted by capt david on May 6, 2003

Just because she has never flown, I wouldn’t assume that she will have any major problems. This is probably a fun adventure that she is looking forward to. She will probably surprise you.

If she is scared to death of traveling alone, then I think Northwest has a program where they will have someone meet her and walk her through the airport mess. I think someone mentioned $100 before(?). I don’t know...to me it sounds more like a baby-sitting program for younger children. I wouldn’t sign her up for that unless she really wants it.

If she won’t be changing airlines, then it should be a simple matter to go through customs and immigration and get back on the correct flight. They will probably check her bags right back in immediately after clearing customs so she won’t have to drag them across the airport or anything like that. All she has to do is ask someone from Northwest or any airport security person if she gets lost or confused.

I’m not sure about Northwest, but with most airlines she may be able to get a much better ticket price through a good travel agent in the Phils. If you purchase her ticket here, I believe that it must be printed over there, so she would have to pick it up. Make sure they include the travel tax in the ticket price or she will have to pay it in cash before she departs the Philippines. The travel tax for economy class is P1,620 (about $31) I believe.

Ray

Bear
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Questions about Air fare and flights., posted by capt david on May 6, 2003

I didn't know that they had a non-stop to Houston!  I went through San Francisco and Detroit on my two trips.

I purchased Honey's tickets and e-mailed her the itenerary.  She picked up the e-ticket at the airport.  Don't forget the taxi (P300) and terminal fees (P1000) she needs at the airport.  Do not take more luggage than what's allowed, they are now charging almost as much as a second ticket for it.

If you claim she'll needs help getting from one plane to another they will provide someone to assist.  I do not think they charge for this service.  I'm sure you remember its a long flight, more than 17 hrs so she should take things to occupy her time unless you'll fly her 1st or business class.

Bear and Honey

capt david
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wow!!!, posted by Bear on May 6, 2003

...just one in san fran. capt david
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: