Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 06:06:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anybody know??  (Read 3156 times)
capt david
« on: May 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

How long it will take for Era to get her "packet"? The letter from the State Department was dated 4/30 and said that it would be sent to the Embassy within a week. As you can imagine I am very "ansy". Era works, and She would like to quit but I would rather that she work until we get pretty close. She has her Passport. Dose anybody have a clue on how long it will take from this point? thanks capt david
Mita
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Does anybody know??, posted by capt david on May 9, 2003

I am NOT endorsing this but someone I met in the Philippines whose fiance also filed for a K1 couldn't wait for her packet from the embassy.  I lent her my packet forms since I had photocopied everything before I filled it in and sent it back to the embassy. She filed her papers before she received her embassy packet and didn't have any problems.
Anyway, it did hasten the process.  We got to the US in the same month and she must have saved about 3-4 months in waiting time.
Ray
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Does anybody know??, posted by capt david on May 9, 2003

The procedure was recently changed, so nobody knows.

My guess would be that she will receive the packet from the embassy 4-6 weeks after the NVC approval. She should have at least 3-4 weeks notice before her interview. She should have all her documents for the interview ready and have a bag packed and ready to go to Manila.

Does she have her birth cert from NSO Manila and her NBI clearance?

Ray

capt david
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Guess, posted by Ray on May 9, 2003

nm
Ray
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes to both, thanks! nm, posted by capt david on May 10, 2003

Maybe mid to late July for an interview date???

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: