Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 01:29:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Filipinas Are Different  (Read 12628 times)
johahn
« on: March 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Howdy Y'all -
I'm writing this post largely in order to blow off some steam, but read on, anyway.
It's not because I'm angry per se, but just because things are happening so quickly and unexpectedly that my entire sense of reality, such as it was, is delaminating around me, and I feel rather, uh, disoriented.
What has been happening is that things relative to myself and a lady of Filipino heritage have been working out, so far, and I just can't get used to it.
I mean, I'm used to failure and used to rejection at the whim of gringas (women, allegedly), and to find myself being accepted, even wanted, by a beautiful (to me) woman is something that I just cannot quite get my poor little brain to apprehend.
Here I am, contemplating a trip to Southeast Asia this summer (rotten timing, eh?) - and I can't quite get over even that! I mean, I've hardly been outside my back yard before, and now I'm collecting tour guides to this foreign, dangerous, exotic place on the other side of the world.
No, not on the other side of THIS world, silly - on the other side of some other world. Mars, maybe - or more likely, Venus. Women are from Venus, right? Not American women, of course - but real women, they are from Venus, right?
That's what I mean when I say Filipinas are different - they're nice. Really nice, so don't hurt them, eh?
My whole attitude towards women has been based on American women. Of course, not every single American woman is a worthless, leeching yenta, but I just don't know where the good ones are hiding.
When you go elsewhere, and find that the American model is NOT the universal standard - it can blow your mind. FOrtunately, for me, that is no great loss.
To be sure, some of them are goldiggers and schemers and whatnot, but to tell you the truth, right now I just don't care. I just don't give a good () - she can run over me with a Cat D-9, as long as she gives me a kiss beforehand.
Ciao,
John
Mike
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Filipinas Are Different, posted by johahn on Mar 18, 2001

You want a medal for your bravery? Why is it a big deal for you to travel? Get on the plane, sit, get off. Big deal. Filipinas are no different than any other culture as they are still people. I'm not sure if somehow you're expecting people from Asia to accept your shortcomings in relationships because white women turn you down, but don't go looking in Asia until you fix yourself.  Nothing will change. Just remember; they move to the US, make frinds with these white women who dislike you, and sooner or later, the culture will affect and change her as well. You want an an opinion, well here it is....
Dave H
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Filipinas Are Different, posted by Mike on Mar 19, 2001

Hey, someone turn Mike over, he is talking out of his butt again.

"Filpinas are no different than any other culture as they are still people."

-Mike

Where did you come up with that one? While it is true that Filipinas are people (thank God), the Philippine culture certainly is unique in many ways. However, like any culture (certainly the US and Canada), it does share some common traits with other cultures. There are both western and Asian influences present in the Philippines.

Johahn, I was nervous too on my first trip (and only) to the Philippines. This was especially true, since I was going to Mindanao and there was a enormous media coverage (American hostage) of troubles there. Now, I have no reservations, and will go back the first chance I get. I found the Philippines a very easy, friendly, and beautiful country to visit. English is very widely spoken and most signs are in English. The people are friendly and offer to help. There are some things to consider, however. People will sometimes give you the wrong information or directions, because they are so willing to help and don't know the answer. Shocked) Cabs without meters are another thing tolook out for. Keep reading and asking questions. Disregard the trolls like Mike, unless you want a good laugh.

Good Luck!

Dave H.

kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Turn HIm Over, posted by Dave H on Mar 19, 2001

re. Mike:

"Hey, someone turn Mike over, he is talking out of his butt again."

Gee, maybe Mike isn't such a bad guy afterall.  At least he can entertain us with more than his provocative flames.  Oops!!  Flames and flatulence don't mix.  But, maybe that's what's needed to get rid of Mike.

- Kevin

greg
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Turn HIm Over, posted by Dave H on Mar 19, 2001

I don't know what us Guys gonna do without your and Ray's funny Posts hehehe. Reading your posts really make me laugh lol. Keep it coming, reminds me of WIll Rogers jr. :-) hehehehehe, greg
Dave H
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Turn HIm Over-DaveH, posted by greg on Mar 19, 2001

Hi Greg,

I am glad I could cheer you up a bit. Good luck with your upcoming trip to meet your son. I hope that it all gets straightened out. Ray's wife should be coming very soon. Maybe he will stick around and have her join in on the fun. ;o))

When Kevin breaks wind, it sounds like a symphony. When Mike passes gas, it is often mistaken for "real" words. He is very talented indeed. I wonder if all the high school girls are looking over his shoulder at the Internet cafe and giggling when they read this stuff? HELLO LADIES! ROFLMAO

Dave "No Hairwolf" H.

curt
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

"she can run over me with a Cat D-9, as long as she gives me a kiss beforehand."

Be careful!

Bear
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Filipinas Are Different, posted by curt on Mar 18, 2001

I do not know if you read my trip report but public displays of affection (PDA's) can get u in big trouble there.  Not like jail time but like your girl will be seen as cheap, easy and immoral. Take it from someone who spend days comforting his asawa and explaining "HIS" PDA faux pax's to Mom, Dad, cousins, sponsors etc, etc, etc.

Bear

FL
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yeah  Wtach the PDA's, posted by Bear on Mar 18, 2001

From what I saw at the SM and Ayala Malls, PDA is going by the wayside with some of the more defiant teens. There's a new generation growing up with MTV and it's Asian counterpart and all that goes with it. My fiance's youngest sister, 16, is part of that new, westernized influence ie.,skipping school, "chillin' at the mall, having her boyfriend over until just before her big strict sister comes home from work, near midnight.
sid
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

You are just now discovering what some of us have known for quite a while...Filipinas not only are different, they are a treasure. At least my wife is. She is my joy. Becomes more so the longer I am with her.

But please don't think of the RP as being intimidating. It is a beautiful country filled with friendly, English speaking, truly pleasant people. Talk with them. Wherever you go, make it a point to strike up conversations. With everyone around you. Such very small effort will be rewarded with some of the most enjoyable memories you will bring back with you.

Relax, John, and let good things happen.

I wish you well.

Bear
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Quite an awesome feeling isn't it!!!

Bear

johahn
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yeah, posted by Bear on Mar 18, 2001

yup - mind-blowing AND that's ok by me!
ciao,
j