Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 06:29:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Approved...Finally...Help?  (Read 4891 times)
capt david
« on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

First, let me thank all of you and God bless you for your help and prayers. Today I checked the INS status and it said that my Fiancée visa has been approved and was sent the 17th! Maybe I'll get it today. What happens now? I realize that every case is different, but do you have any idea what time I looking at for her to get notification to go Manila, she lives in Cebu. Also, as you can imagine I am terribly excited, but where is the best place to buy one-way tickets. I live in South Texas and would prefer that she only make one stop and then on to either Houston or preferably San Antonio. Thanks and Blessings Again, capt david
Bear
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Approved...Finally...Help?, posted by capt david on Apr 19, 2003

Like Dave H said, I used Gina with Gobal travel in Dallas.  She was very helpful especially when I tried to get Honey here at Christmas.

I doubt that there are to many direct flights after Houston/San Antonio.  If she comes through Houston, Honey and I'll meet her at the airport and help her get to her next flight.

Bear and Honey.

Dave H
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Approved...Finally...Help?, posted by capt david on Apr 19, 2003

Hi Capt David,

That is Great news! Things are starting to move now.

I think most of your questions have already been answered. Your fiancee can also get her tickets directly from Philippine Airlines (PAL) office in the Philippines. PAL has flights from Manila to L.A. and San Francisco. Then there are plenty of flights into Texas. PAL can book her all the way through, transfering her to a US domestic airline such as American Airlines. My wife saved over $100 off my best Internet prices directly from PAL. I didn't check with my travel agent because I would have had to FedEx the US domestic tickets to my wife. It was after 9/11 and we were anxious for her to get here. When I buy round trip tickets they are cheaper from my travel agent. I use Gina Wong at Gateway Travel in Dallas. They are ticket consolidators. Bear and Honey also use her and I believe still do. My brother-in-law and another friend have used her for a number of years. Let me or Bear know if you would like the phone number to check it out.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Congratulations on making it this far Capt!

The BCIS should send your petition to the NVC for some security checks, which shouldn't take more than a week or two. Then they will forward it to Manila.

Like Brian mentioned, you can send (FAX?) a copy of the NOA-2 to her as soon as you get it. If she has her passport and at least the information from the NOA-2, then she would normally be able to phone the embassy and get the forms packet sent to her.

H O W E V E R, unfortunately there has been a change in procedure and now the embassy will make everyone on K visas wait for an interview appointment letter and form packet to be delivered. This is actually the way they used to do it until 2 years ago. I believe that the new system has already gone into affect, but she may want to try phoning for the packet anyway. Read about the new procedure here:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhkvis1.html

How much longer? I could only guess and say maybe 1-2 months before the appointment, if you are lucky. She should get the appointment letter at least 3-4 weeks in advance of the appointment. They normally deliver by courier and she pays the delivery fee.

Ray

bryan
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I would get that A # to her as fast as possible so she can call Manila and request her packet and get started on that. For you i would say to get started on the I 134 and other documents or info she may need from you when she gets to processing in Manila. I am so glad Angie lived in Manila things went so smoothly for us. Good luck
Humabdos
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

NW air is the best you can get the ticket on line she picks it up in manila.

www.nwa.com
hum

Michael B
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I can't answer your questions, but I'll ask you one. When did you file your papers? (trying to get an idea of how far behind the TSC is...they've been sitting on mine for about 90 days now and another guy on L. board says they've had his over 150 days).
capt david
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congradulations, posted by Michael B on Apr 19, 2003

This might not be what you want to hear, but mine went in the last of October. They said that they had a special project, probably Home Land Securety, but I don't know. capt david
Michael B
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Congradulations, posted by capt david on Apr 19, 2003

n/t
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: