Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:47:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising yourself via newspaper ad  (Read 5943 times)
webspin
« on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by webspin]

Has anyone here tried advertising yourself as looking for a soulmate using the newspaper classifieds like Manila Bulletin or other Philippine-based newspapers rather than using online dating services?? What's your opinion.
Alvin1
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Advertising yourself via newspaper ad, posted by webspin on Apr 3, 2003

Under Filipino Law it may be illegal to advertise.  It may be advised to place an advertisement for employment for a single attractive young lady in the age range that you desire with all the requirements that you like.  Everyone will know the purpose of the advertisement and those interested will respond.

Good luck
Alvin

Mita
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Advertising yourself via newspaper a..., posted by Alvin1 on Apr 3, 2003

Alvin,
It's not illegal to place personal ads.  I've seen them in newspapers before. It might be more of a problem later on if the women who answer an employment ad are pissed off and go to the authorities.  You'll never know what you will attract with an ad.
webspin
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Advertising yourself via newspaper a..., posted by Alvin1 on Apr 3, 2003

Good idea! I'll try that method. Yeah, I've noticed when PI companies advertised for employment, it is so discriminating (by U.S. standards) so naturally I can lie for employment.

I also tried the FilipinaHearts. I made some good friends. Average-looking though. The better-looking ones naturally play hard to get. I think it's best that I go back to PI, advertise myself for "employment", go on a dating spree to find which ones is best for me to follow through. Man, I miss PI for its beautiful women. Just go to Glorietta or other upscale malls in Manila and you'll see the classy ladies there.

Alvin1
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Advertising yourself via newspap..., posted by webspin on Apr 4, 2003

If you are just looking for beauty then you are doomed for failure.  Beauty can turn to ugliness in a short time period if the other qualities are not present.

I can truly say that my wife get more beautiful to me every day because of her inner beauty and her love for me and our children.

Advertise at least 2 months in advance of your arrival.  Give your home address and ask for resume and a photo.
Give the name of the hotel where you will be staying, etc.

In Manila you can stay at the Executive Plaza which  always has a promo rate of P1200 for 2 people but P2400 for one person.  So you have to ask for the Promo rate.  It is a upper scale hotel that has a lower rate than some of the rat holes where American stay.

It is very close to Robinson Mall (3 min walk).

Alvin

Mita
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Be careful!, posted by Alvin1 on Apr 4, 2003

Is it a good idea to advertise the hotel you'll be staying in?  You could be attracting too many scammers - if you have to advertise, keep it simple and only give a PO box address.
webspin
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Be careful!, posted by Mita on Apr 4, 2003

If I were to stay in a hotel, I go to Camelot Hotel in Quezon City. It's cheaper and classy. I usually use the taxi & making sure I get metered. But for a few occasions, I would hire a driver.
Anyway, I have relatives in Manila, so I would use their address and that way, I could ask them to screen the ladies for me. As for beautiful girls, naturally I won't go for them if they don't have a warm, fun-loving personality. If they are boring & materialistic minded, I move on to the next. This is where the interview process comes in as well as follow up dating.
Alvin1
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Be careful!, posted by Mita on Apr 4, 2003

nt
outwest77
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Be careful!, posted by Alvin1 on Apr 4, 2003

Why would you want to tell the name of the hotel you are staying at in the Ad, sounds like you are some pimp making movies and doing a casting couch call in the hotel,
outwest77
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Advertising yourself via newspaper ad, posted by webspin on Apr 3, 2003

Its feasible, if it were not illegal, matchmaking services are illegal in the phils,
Then again, technically its not a matchmaking service, just a guy looking for a girl,

I would try Filipinaheart.com, online, send ur pic, and ad for free, you will be swamped within 2 hours, watch out for the scammers though.

Peter Lee
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Advertising yourself via newspaper a..., posted by outwest77 on Apr 3, 2003

Hey outwest77

I did the filipinaheart thing, the only ones that mailed me were the fat and ugly ones.   What's the secret to get swamped with mail?   In 2 hours?  

Dear filipina, let me buy you a house !  LOL

Humabdos
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Advertising yourself via newspap..., posted by Peter Lee on Apr 3, 2003

Why would a cute young sexy filipina marry a big fat ugly old kano is the question? Money? Green card? Both?  Ok maybe love lol

Hum

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: