Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 22, 2024, 10:26:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 19 & a 50+ year old  (Read 95527 times)
Jimbo
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: He he he..., posted by Jay on Mar 18, 2003

Nobody will figure that one out :-)
Jay
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to PBLFJMSIDOSKVYERO!, posted by Jimbo on Mar 18, 2003

Hi Jim,

Your right. Now, what's it mean? :-)

Jay

Jimbo
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: PBLFJMSIDOSKVYERO!, posted by Jay on Mar 18, 2003

Just like Nam, Jay... "Don't mean nuthin'"

Sorry, all this war coverage is playing with my mind :-)

http://members.tripod.com/boondocker2001/d04-dont-mean-nuthin.html

Jim

Jay
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't mean nuthin', posted by Jimbo on Mar 18, 2003

[This message has been edited by Jay]

Hey Jim,

Cool link. You know, this may sound stupid, but I use that expression once in a while. Throughout the years, I read everything I could get my hands on about the guys in WW2, Korea and Vietnam and thier experiences. So I know the expression. I even explained it to Criselda and my sister in law, way back when. I  showed them the hand "dap" that sometimes goes along with it. :-) Three times in the last 9+ years, at the lowest or toughest points during that time for me, Criselda has walked up to me, stuck out a fist for the "dap" and said, "F@ck it, don't mean nuthin'" in an attempt to give me strength. It worked, bless her heart.

On the eve of war, I am reminded that the strength of the combat veterens going through hell on the battlefield, has given me strength in my own life. Just by realizing that anything I go through, is nothing compared to what they did and continue to, go through. That they do it all without hesitation and they do it for US.

I would have done it too, had there been the call while I served. However, it was peacetime, so I made it my personal mission to keep the bars on fields Ave. in Angeles,  secure. Mission accomplished. They're still there! LOL!

God Speed to our troops as they count down the last hour.

Jay

Dave H
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 19 & a 50+ year old, posted by Peter Lee on Mar 17, 2003

Hi Peter,

Congratulations once again for finding your special love. I hope you have many joyous years of wedded bliss together. Good Luck...not because you need it, but because you deserve it!

Dave H.

Bear
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to 19 & a 50+ year old, posted by bryan on Mar 17, 2003

My wife and I are 26 years apart.  No problem in over two years of marriage - not even one.  I think the age/maturity issue is very overrated.  And it was Honey who made the choice, not me, as I suspect the same with Peter Lee.  Honey's logic for wanting to be involved with me was increditably logical and well thoughtout.  I personally was scared out of my skin thinking that she'd get off the plane here and immediately put me in jail.  Amazingly it has been well accepted among all our family and friends.

Bear and Honey

Peter Lee
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 19 & a 50+ year old, posted by Bear on Mar 17, 2003

I hope to be as lucky as both of you Bear and Honey.

I know my case is a little more extreme so there is more risk but I am not the ordinary Joe either which gives me a little edge.  It was this site and many other success stories of many years age difference that made it seem all possible.  It is good to hear the devils advocate.  My fiancé like your honey gave it much thought and together with her family decided on accepting my proposal.  

Nathan
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I would agree that a 50 year old married to a 19 year old
is likely to have problems, but if that is "the most immoral, dispicable, lecherous thing" you have ever heard, you must not get out much, and you must make it a hobby of tending to other people's business. Frankly, you sound a bit like a bitter middle aged woman. Generally societies establish a "legal age" at which we are assumed to be adults
legally. If you are a 50 year old man, I would advise you not to marry a 19 year old if you are so horrified by the prospect, but if you do, it is your business.
If you are only a troll, you are likely to end up banned from the site.

SteveB
« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 19 & a 50+ year old, posted by Nathan on Mar 17, 2003

I agree Nathan,,I wouldn't do it,,but its their choice!
lswote
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Why is this any of your business?  God doesn't have a problem with one adult marrying another adult.  Please restrict your prudish comments to your church bulletin board.
bryan
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: 19 & a 50+ year old, posted by lswote on Mar 17, 2003

Its not my business and of that I am glad. Look pal write the youngster a letter call it all off and go back to Heart of Asia theres a gazillion age appropriate women there waiting for ya.
Esiang
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: 19 & a 50+ year old, posted by bryan on Mar 17, 2003

Look pal just better go by yourself to Heart of Asia.
Hope you could find an appropriate age for you....

Different men,different choices.....

Hey! nothing's so perfect in this world?
Looks like you have forgotten the meaning of being an immoral, try to read the bible again.

Esiang
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Look pal just better go by yourself to Heart of Asia.
Hope you could find an appropriate age for you....

Different men,different choices.....

Hey! nothing's so perfect in this world?
Looks like you have forgotten the meaning of being an immoral, try to read the bible again.

Peter Lee
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey Bryan those comments should have been directed at me!

Not only will I not call it off but our letters to each other are about marriage plans.  You make it sound like I am shaking out with this young lady, we are getting married.  Like I wrote you earlier I did not meet her in any internet site.  I could not find love on the internet it had to be a face to face meeting for me.  I did think she was older that 19 when we met.  At 5'6" she looked older that she looks.  You have made it your business now and put your 2 cents in.  I would say that if you knew my past history and met both of us you would soften and give us your blessing.  Your devils advocate comments are welcome. That is what this forum is all about.  There is a possibility that people differ from your life style and are happy.  

lswote
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

You got the wrong guy, I am married to a woman from Colombia.  It doesn't mean I can't be outraged by someone sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: